University of Sussex
Brighton

2016-17 Sussex Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bubblegumcat
what's wrong with it? I've heard bad things :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry for late reply.
Well it's a kitchen between 12, and the kitchen is no bigger, if not smaller than the ones in the kitchens shared by 6 in the other accommodations. The corridors are extremely narrow and dark. There only window is very high and the toilets are tiny!
My mum described it as a prison!
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by kaonashi97
Sorry for late reply.
Well it's a kitchen between 12, and the kitchen is no bigger, if not smaller than the ones in the kitchens shared by 6 in the other accommodations. The corridors are extremely narrow and dark. There only window is very high and the toilets are tiny!
My mum described it as a prison!

oh wow :s I hear mixed reviews....heard the social life is good. I put it as my last choice, hopefully I get something else other than east slope.

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh wow :s I hear mixed reviews....heard the social life is good. I put it as my last choice, hopefully I get something else other than east slope.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I heard the same about the social life. I didn't put it down at all! I would probably be fine living there but my mum insisted.
Original post by kaonashi97
I heard the same about the social life. I didn't put it down at all! I would probably be fine living there but my mum insisted.

same, it's not the end of the world if I end up there, I'd be saving more money since it's cheaper

Posted from TSR Mobile
same, it's not the end of the world if I end up there, I'd be saving more money since it's cheaper

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's why I wanted to stay there but...
I'm sure once you've made friends you'll never be there anyway!
Park Village,
small cramped concrete stairwell
Tiny kitchen, with no seating area, rooms are fairly standard altho they do vary in size.
Two toilets, one shower, one bath between 12. Should really be pulled down and rebuilt.
East Slope would be a better option imo
(edited 8 years ago)
Saw this on the front page and recognised the description of the hell that is Park village and houses.

Although on the other hand I did meet my fiancée there due to my halls.

Oh and don't expect your choice. I went from 2010-2014 and back then I got my 6th choice I think. All of the nice places are massively oversubscribed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by fairplaytoyou
Received an offer for business and management studies, anyone else?

I have!
Park Houses are not as bad as Park Village. IMO.
Different kind of layout
Original post by Colinj451
Different kind of layout

12 people would be far too many for me.
I think 8 would be my maximum.
The nicer places have 6, that's where I applied for, I would rather had opted for the cheaper options but my parents insisted.
Original post by Motorbiker
Saw this on the front page and recognised the description of the hell that is Park village and houses.

Although on the other hand I did meet my fiancée there due to my halls.

Oh and don't expect your choice. I went from 2010-2014 and back then I got my 6th choice I think. All of the nice places are massively oversubscribed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was the Northfield accommodation available at the time you were in your first year?
Daughter has put mid range options first, but park village and east slope last so hopefully she'll get an ok place, either Lewes Phase1 or Park houses due to cost.
Doubt she'll get Brighthelm.
Other option is Stanmer altho its removed from rest of campus, before you get to higher priced ones
Different kind of layout

You've seen Kent house? Anyone can walk into your kitchen and steal your food, use all your stuff and leave it dirty etc at any point and they will, often..

Kent house is the same layout as a prison block

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pannyfrost
Was the Northfield accommodation available at the time you were in your first year?

Urm, I can't remember, I don't think so. Think it was built whilst I was there I did a 4 year course from 2010-2014.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Daughter has put mid range options first, but park village and east slope last so hopefully she'll get an ok place, either Lewes Phase1 or Park houses due to cost.
Doubt she'll get Brighthelm.
Other option is Stanmer altho its removed from rest of campus, before you get to higher priced ones

From my experience she'll end up in Park houses as they were very unsubscribed when I was there

Posted from TSR Mobile
I put Lewes 1, Lewes 2 and then brighthelm.

I really really want Lewes 1 as I don't want an en suit but didn't want to put cheaper as they were so bad, but don't want to have to spend more money!
firmed Sussex for American Studies, conditional offer of ABB (if firmed) to start 2017:-)
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey I applied for Law and American studies by Jan 13 and they still haven't replied to me. Feeling really worried but would you know how late they usually reply to give an offer? :smile:

Original post by rosefran2207
Is anyone studying law with American studies? I applied with bbc predictions, should of been abc but my teacher annoyingly changed it last minute but they still guaranteed me a place if I get bbb
Original post by tigers1dxoxo
Hey I applied for Law and American studies by Jan 13 and they still haven't replied to me. Feeling really worried but would you know how late they usually reply to give an offer? :smile:

I applied for Law and American studies 2 days before the closing date for applying, I got an offer for BBB, took them just under a month to get back to me. You should have got an offer by now.
Hi

I firmed an unconditional (I'm taking a year out) for geography. So far for the halls I've listed Swanborough then Brighthelm. I love the look of the communal area in Swanborough however the only reason I can afford it is because I'm entitled to a bursary (giving £2000 off rent) and I'm thinking maybe changing to prioritise Brighthelm because I'm worried Swanborough will be a bit posh for me. Does anyone know if there is a big socioeconomic divide between the halls?

Quick Reply

Latest