The Student Room Group

Freemasons?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ciel.
Marry me, I find that super hot. :h:

Oh my :colondollar:
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous
I am a Freemason, wear a Masonic ring on my hand.

I am in my 20's, but wondered what people's general conceptions/thoughts/attitudes were towards us?

How many people are in this group? Is it somewhat related to Illuminati?
Reply 22
A pretty ridiculous, sexist, drinking club.
Original post by Howard
The only word I remember was Bozab but 1998 is a long time ago. You probably didn't have your first pube.

If I'm looking for moral fibre I doubt my first port of call would be the local masonic lodge. Of all the many masons I have known and do know (I would never say they are immoral - but neither would I say their morality sets them apart from others.

And that is the incorrect word. And even if it were, as a brother, you would know caution, not to divulge it publically, or around non-members.

Give this charade up. It grows tiresome.
Reply 24
And that is the incorrect word. And even if it were, as a brother, you would know caution, not to divulge it publically, or around non-members.

Give this charade up. It grows tiresome.

Yes, I was always taught to be cautious. LOL! It's boaz.

As I say, I'm NOT your brother. I'm not a FM and have no interest in it.
Original post by In2u
How many people are in this group? Is it somewhat related to Illuminati?

Depends what you mean. Do you mean within a city, within the UK, or nationwide?

No, it is not related to the Illuminati. There is some overlap/degree of similarity but beyond that, no, not a single thing in common.
Original post by Howard
Yes, I was always taught to be cautious. It's boaz.

Oh? You were taught to be cautious? And yet you failed to be so, when you did not answer the question in the prescribed manner.

And I repeat, even if that word, or the word before it, or any other word thereafter is used by yourself: the simple truth of the matter is, a REAL brother would know the need for discretion, and would utilise the requisite means to "maintain and safeguard caution". You have not.
Reply 27

No, it is not related to the Illuminati. There is some overlap/degree of similarity but beyond that, no, not a single thing in common.

Does the master of your lodge know that you frequent student forums and flap your mouth off about your little club?
Reply 28

OK, lets say how many people are in this organisation in UK? And also, how did the organisation start?
Original post by Howard
Does the master of your lodge know that you frequent student forums and flap your mouth off about your little club?

Your speaking to him.
My grandfather was a Freemason and very secretive about it. I have a feeling it was really a club for networking businessmen and not anything particularly sinister though.
I don't really see the appeal in a bunch of old guys playing dress up, but each to their own.
Original post by Howard
As I say. I'm NOT your brother. Can't you get that through your thick head? I'm NOT a FM.

No need for insults.
Reply 33
Your speaking to him.

Well I'm not impressed. You're obviously too young for your office.
Reply 34
No need for insults.

There'd be less need if I didn't have to repeat myself umpteen times.
Original post by In2u
OK, lets say how many people are in this organisation in UK? And also, how did the organisation start?

250,000 in England....
150,000 for Scotland, N Ireland and ROI....
Not sure about wales....

Started with masonry (i.e. stone cutters) in Europe, who wanted to protect their trade, and ensure they recieved fair wage for their skills.
Original post by Howard
There'd be less need if I didn't have to repeat myself umpteen times.

Ok, and the unnecessarily abusive PM with swearing in it? You weren't repeating yourself there, were you?
Reply 37
250,000 in England....
150,000 for Scotland, N Ireland and ROI....
Not sure about wales....

Started with masonry (i.e. stone cutters) in Europe, who wanted to protect their trade, and ensure they recieved fair wage for their skills.

How can you see whether a person is a freemason or not?
So what's the purpose of what you do? Both the purpose on paper, and in reality?
Original post by In2u
How can you see whether a person is a freemason or not?

Do you mean, how would a Freemason identify another freemason, or how would a non-freemason identify a freemason? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending