The Student Room Group

Girls do you want more to be loved or to be considered beautiful?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Assan
It's a strategic move. One for the chance of two rather than just one.

Love is the ultimate goal but beauty is a form of power.

Some nice insights. So girls are not stupid spending so much time and money on looking good :smile:
Reply 41
Original post by zill1
Some nice insights. So girls are not stupid spending so much time and money on looking good :smile:

I'm spilling secrets. :wink:
Reply 42
Although, to be fair, I choose to invest in my character and my skills. Those tend to have more longevity than beauty. Too many fall apart along with their looks...

But my previous point stands.
Be considered beatiful
It's a form of being loved anyway
Reply 44
Original post by Assan
Although, to be fair, I choose to invest in my character and my skills. Those tend to have more longevity than beauty. Too many fall apart along with their looks...

But my previous point stands.

What about investing in your looks in the hope of landing a rich guy to marry?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 45
Just on this topic, does anybody know any girls who look so beautiful that they don't spend much on make up nor care about their weight etc?
Obviously beauty, because if you are beautiful you are most probably going to be loved as well because of the shallowness of today's society.
Reply 47
Original post by zill1
Just on this topic, does anybody know any girls who look so beautiful that they don't spend much on make up nor care about their weight etc?

Original post by zill1
What about investing in your looks in the hope of landing a rich guy to marry?

I wouldn't say it's because I'm "so beautiful" but I don't own lipstick, blush, or whatever else it is companies try to sell; I own less shoes than my boyfriend, hate shopping and could generally care less about my appearance beyond the basics of being presentable. It's not because I think I'm so hot, it's just that that routine is a serious commitment of time and money. I'd rather spend my money on books and food, and I'd rather spend my time reading, learning, working towards my goals and watching MMA. It's also because I don't want to be dependent on anything - including makeup for my self esteem. I drink water, meditate, have a yoga practice, do Muay Thai etc because it keeps me sane and grounded and I love it - not to look hot. Strength and wisdom and health are attractive.

It's all about what you value.

I have a partner who I love, respect and am thrilled to spend every day with. I suspect he feels similarly about me , haha :smile: I find that you attract what you point out. If you want someone superficial, be superficial. If you want a man who values image above all else, be a woman who values image above else. Yes, occasionally I like to look sexy for him and for myself, and yes, I want him to find me attractive so that we can remain attracted to each other. But all of that is the icing on the cake - not the cake itself. It's maintenance, not foundation.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by Assan
I wouldn't say it's because I'm "so beautiful" but I don't own lipstick, blush, or whatever else it is companies try to sell; I own less shoes than my boyfriend, hate shopping and could generally care less about my appearance beyond the basics of being presentable. It's not because I think I'm so hot, it's just that that routine is a serious commitment of time and money. I'd rather spend my money on books and food, and I'd rather spend my time reading, learning, working towards my goals and watching MMA. It's also because I don't want to be dependent on anything - including makeup for my self esteem. I drink water, meditate, have a yoga practice, do Muay Thai etc because it keeps me sane and grounded and I love it - not to look hot. Strength and wisdom and health are attractive.

It's all about what you value.

I have a partner who I love, respect and am thrilled to spend every day with. I suspect he feels similarly about me , haha :smile: I find that you attract what you point out. If you want someone superficial, be superficial. If you want a man who values image above all else, be a woman who values image above else. Yes, occasionally I like to look sexy for him and for myself, and yes, I want him to find me attractive so that we can remain attracted to each other. But all of that is the icing on the cake - not the cake itself. It's maintenance, not foundation.

But before you found your man, did you spend much more time and money on looking good?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending