The Student Room Group

St Andrews Medical School Applicants - 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

offer, track updated at 12:15. applied for the English pathway. interview on December 4th. good luck everyone else
rejected, 3 minutes ago...

Suppose I wouldn't be as annoyed if they hadn't changed the selection process after I applied, because this was my backup incase I screwed up my interviews...
Offer!! :biggrin:
Track updated 12:16, Interview was on 13 Jan. So relieved... :smile:
Original post by Docjones1
rejected, 3 minutes ago...

Suppose I wouldn't be as annoyed if they hadn't changed the selection process after I applied, because this was my backup incase I screwed up my interviews...

Sorry to hear that man :/
Best of luck with your other applications :yy:
Offer today around 12:15!!! English pathway. Rejected from 7 unis this year and last so this was my last hope! Over the moon!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tdixon97
Offer today around 12:15!!! English pathway. Rejected from 7 unis this year and last so this was my last hope! Over the moon!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! How did you apply to seven unis if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Offer, Scottish student, condition 3 Bs. Anyone thinking of going to St. Andrews?! I can't decide between that and Aberdeen...would be so cool to get any feedback/opinions on st andys if you've got any #helpplease :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are there people still waiting on a decision? It doesn't seem they have finished yet
I wonder if the interviews are already over. I had mine 2 days ago 16th March but I am not sure if that was the last interview day.
Original post by piofernix
I wonder if the interviews are already over. I had mine 2 days ago 16th March but I am not sure if that was the last interview day.

Best of luck, it's a really stressful process! A friend of mine also applied to St Andrews and I thought I would see when he's likely to receive an update. From last year, it seems that people were getting offers as late as April
Original post by bigs1998
Well done! How did you apply to seven unis if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said 'this year and last' so last year I got 4 rejections, this year I got 3 rejections then 1 offer. So it's been a very long and painful wait to get this offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 431
Still not heard anything from track, looks like I'm not in today's wave of offers :P
Original post by tdixon97
I said 'this year and last' so last year I got 4 rejections, this year I got 3 rejections then 1 offer. So it's been a very long and painful wait to get this offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh sorry for misreading. Well done 9n your offer though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 433
International Offer!! Can't believe it :O Interview was on the 16th of March. I'm also a re-applicant :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Where are you going after Year 3? Does anyone know the fees for Year 4-6?
Original post by parentoffer
Where are you going after Year 3? Does anyone know the fees for Year 4-6?

Fees are the same as for Y1-3. Unless you're Scottish and going to an English uni, in which case I believe you'll have to take out a tuition fee loan.

Don't know how it works for Scotland etc, but with Student Finance England you're also entitled to the NHS bursary in Y5 and 6. This will make some people better off and screw some people over *cough*me*cough*.
Thank you TBJ. I forgot to mention that I was enquiring about overseas fees in MMS. You have answer?
Original post by parentoffer
Thank you TBJ. I forgot to mention that I was enquiring about overseas fees in MMS. You have answer?

Ah, apologies, I didn't realise. I would suggest you check with the individual partner school. I would imagine they would be more expensive - I know at Edinburgh, for example, the fees for Y4-6 are some £20,000/yr more expensive than Y1-3 (http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-funding/tuition-fees/undergraduate/non-standards-2016)
Original post by kirstenmilne
Offer, Scottish student, condition 3 Bs. Anyone thinking of going to St. Andrews?! I can't decide between that and Aberdeen...would be so cool to get any feedback/opinions on st andys if you've got any #helpplease :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!

Scottish aspiring medic here, hoping to apply for St Andrews and also Aberdeen!!!

Any tips? If possible, could you let me see your personal statement? Only if this is okay? If you want to pm it that's okay otherwise I understand.

Really nervous about the interviews because I am a shy person.

Congratulations again and please help! :smile:
That's my fear too. MMS is about £35,000 per year. Thanks TBJ. If anyone knows otherwise, please post here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending