The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SAS2016
Yes, my daughter is still waiting......it is very difficult reading all the posts by people about the post offer visits!

What did she apply for?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
HOORAY! GOT MY OFFER FOR CHINESE! And it's lower than SOAS - all I have to do is pass, there is not strict pass boundary they want me to exceed! :biggrin:
Original post by Ivoryfall
HOORAY! GOT MY OFFER FOR CHINESE! And it's lower than SOAS - all I have to do is pass, there is not strict pass boundary they want me to exceed! :biggrin:

Aah congrats! I don't know you or have applied for languages but congrats because I know you've been waiting for ages, longer than me, (I'm still waiting) hahah so that's great!! Well done :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finally got my offer for Anthropology and Archaeology!!!! Been driving myself mad waiting! :h:
Original post by Ivoryfall

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wish you all the best :smile:
When the offers start rolling in and I'm waiting here like a fish 🙃
Is anyone going to st Aidan's Tuesday-Wednesday? And/or the maths talks on Wednesday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AA10743
When the offers start rolling in and I'm waiting here like a fish 🙃

same, my friend's going off to the post-offer applicant day tomorrow and i'm just here like.... one day they'll get back to me...... probably.....
Wondering if anybody can help me out - I have applied to jon snow college. Would I spend the 3 years with this college (oxford and cambridge style) or would i have the option to go private accomodation for my 2nd + 3rd year?
Original post by ellawhite4686
ah such a good choice of unis! yes also morning- are you in the durham law applicants Facebook group chat?

Could you add me to it? My name is Virginia Raffaeli :-)
Original post by tazza ma razza
Wondering if anybody can help me out - I have applied to jon snow college. Would I spend the 3 years with this college (oxford and cambridge style) or would i have the option to go private accomodation for my 2nd + 3rd year?

Most people live outside the colleges in their 2nd and 3rd years
Reply 2251
Original post by GigiRaffaeli
Most people live outside the colleges in their 2nd and 3rd years

I have the opposite question - is it possible to stay in, or does it vary by college?
I can't be bothered with 'living out' and all that, ending up far away or in some horrible house etc!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bj1
I have the opposite question - is it possible to stay in, or does it vary by college?
I can't be bothered with 'living out' and all that, ending up far away or in some horrible house etc!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

All the colleges have a small number of rooms reserved for students in their 2nd and 3rd years. They don't have many because the principle behind it is that you make friends in the first year and then live with them outside the colleges :-)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kieranoo
Is anyone going to st Aidan's Tuesday-Wednesday? And/or the maths talks on Wednesday?

I'm going to St Aidan's! Not the maths talks though.
Original post by Starfish101
Finally got my offer for Anthropology and Archaeology!!!! Been driving myself mad waiting! :h:

What are your gcse grades if you don't mind me asking?
me and my friend who applied for maths just got our rejections :frown:
Original post by ellawhite4686
hey I've firmed durham for law at collingwood :smile: I'm going to visit monday-tuesday next week! anyone in a similar position to me?

Hey:smile: I'm going tomorrow too! Got an offer for Sociology at Collingwood
Original post by Ladybird4
What are your gcse grades if you don't mind me asking?

Don't mind at all :wink: 13A*s, I had terrible AS's though due to a illness and had to retake the year
So i am on my way back from the post offer day at durham. I really liked the uni itself but really was not a fan of the college (st aidans). Obviously your college is a big part of the durham experience and so I dont think I would be happy living at this college. Is there any possible way that I could email admissions to switch colleges? Any advice would be much appreciated
Original post by camd97
So i am on my way back from the post offer day at durham. I really liked the uni itself but really was not a fan of the college (st aidans). Obviously your college is a big part of the durham experience and so I dont think I would be happy living at this college. Is there any possible way that I could email admissions to switch colleges? Any advice would be much appreciated

Unless there is a medical reason, unfortunately not.
Can I ask what you didn't like about aidans? Colleges do take on a very different atmosphere when students are there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending