The Student Room Group

UEA Medicine with foundation Year 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by boldyellow
sorry to all those who didnt get in, my advice to you would be to take a year out, work and save some money and try again - that is if you have no other offers. In reference to people saying they have heard of cases where UEA have sent out offers in June, I dont know where you heard this from but to my knowledge it happened to one person last year because UEA made a mistake, but this is very rare.

UEA did this last year but for the 5 year course, which might be where people have got confused, it happened to 2 of my friends from school, not because they made a mistake just because of how many people didn't firm them! :smile:
Original post by nadine.e
UEA did this last year but for the 5 year course, which might be where people have got confused, it happened to 2 of my friends from school, not because they made a mistake just because of how many people didn't firm them! :smile:

Hey, so when did your friends receive the offer for medicine, was they rejected post interview? & did they get amazing a levels or average for medicine a levels?
Is anyone going to accept an alternative course or no?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My passion is with Medicine, so no.
Original post by Chocofudge123
Is anyone going to accept an alternative course or no?

Posted from TSR Mobile

After looking at all my options, I have decided to reject my offer from st George's and go through extra. I will be applying to kings college London for biomedicine. This hurts too much though. My dream of medicine has to wait 3 years nos
Original post by Yahya1997
After looking at all my options, I have decided to reject my offer from st George's and go through extra. I will be applying to kings college London for biomedicine. This hurts too much though. My dream of medicine has to wait 3 years nos

You had an offer from St George's for medicine?

Also, I intend to go through clearing because well any chance is better than no chance. If not, I'll take a gap year, work at the hospital maybe get some more experience and try again. I was soooooo gutted yesterday because UEA was my last chance. I'm even a bit salty still
Original post by okopops
You had an offer from St George's for medicine?

Also, I intend to go through clearing because well any chance is better than no chance. If not, I'll take a gap year, work at the hospital maybe get some more experience and try again. I was soooooo gutted yesterday because UEA was my last chance. I'm even a bit salty still

Oh no. I wish it was for medicine. It's for biomedicine
How did you find getting a student loan in bulgaria? I've been asking around and have heard loads of different things, apparently they aren't providing them any more but some say they are!
They are, it depends tbh, because the amount of UK students going to Bulgaria is increasing per year.
Original post by Yahya1997

Don't worr, with hard work you'll still get to fufil your dreams of being a doctor, I wish you all the best
Original post by Alisahhh1998
Don't worr, with hard work you'll still get to fufil your dreams of being a doctor, I wish you all the best

Thank you man, need to start praying to god more seriously now. God will provide me with the guideness and strength inshallah. I wish you and everyone the best.
Good luck, I'm sure you'll find the right path to a medical career.
Original post by suzie1234
Hey, so when did your friends receive the offer for medicine, was they rejected post interview? & did they get amazing a levels or average for medicine a levels?

They were both rejected post-interview and think they must have got the offers in June but as I said this was for the 5 year course not foundation med...
One of them got 4A's as his results, not sure about the other person but I know they got in, you have to get AAAb otherwise you won't get in on results day I believe
Can we reapply next year?
Can we reapply next year?

No

http://www.uea.ac.uk/study/admissions-info/a104faq

Look at question 32
Yh you can reapply next year, assuming you don't retake anything next year. If you get ABB+ for your a levels this year, then yh you can reapply
I took a gap year when I didn't get any places last year. A lot of people I know have done it and it's actually really beneficial. I not only got some awesome work experience, but I also got to work and save money for next year. I got to do some work experience that lasted more than a week because I didn't need the time off college or anything. It was kinda disheartening at the time because all my friends were off at uni and enjoying themselves but it paid off for me because I've just confirmed my place which is super exciting!

Also, has anyone confirmed their place yet? Have they received an email or anything about what to do next?
Original post by Leart_Osmani
Yh you can reapply next year, assuming you don't retake anything next year. If you get ABB+ for your a levels this year, then yh you can reapply

That's incorrect information. Did you read the link that I posted?
Original post by southernair
I took a gap year when I didn't get any places last year. A lot of people I know have done it and it's actually really beneficial. I not only got some awesome work experience, but I also got to work and save money for next year. I got to do some work experience that lasted more than a week because I didn't need the time off college or anything. It was kinda disheartening at the time because all my friends were off at uni and enjoying themselves but it paid off for me because I've just confirmed my place which is super exciting!

Also, has anyone confirmed their place yet? Have they received an email or anything about what to do next?

Did you reapply to this course the second time around?
Did you reapply to this course the second time around?

No I didn't. I applied for different courses last time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending