The Student Room Group

Mind=blown at women's materialism

Scroll to see replies

I'm only materialistic when it comes to makeup, and even then I don't really buy proper high end stuff. With clothes and bags and shoes etc, I'm not too fussy at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alkaline.
idk maybe cause her handbag won't leave her for a younger, hotter woman?
maybe cause her handbag won't check out other girls racks and arse on the street?
there is nothing wrong with checking out other girls. Please go learn some science, which tells us that it is insignificant and is not a comparison. Also that was quite a misandric post.
Original post by balanced
there is nothing wrong with checking out other girls. Please go learn some science, which tells us that it is insignificant and is not a comparison. Also that was quite a misandric post.

women buying handbags aren't genuinely related to the way men treat women, it's sad that you think that.
pretty sure men are just as fixated on luxury items like women.....4k for a luxury bag does seem a bit silly though, she could have saved it for something more important.....oh well we can't control ppl over how they spend their money....she might regret buying that bag later though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mathemagicien
£4000 is probably more than has ever been spent on my clothes in my entire life

If average 'normal-end' clothing cost around ~£30 apiece, then 4000/30 = 133.33333 clothes owned

Do you think you've owned more than 133 items of clothing over your lifetime?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by Death Grips
Was just on the phone with my gf and she told me she has saved up £4k for like the past 10 years (money from birthdays, allowance from parents etc) just to save up to buy a Chanel handbag.

And her friends are the same - they all go gaga over designer handbags, clothes, shoes etc (they're obsessed with Dior, LV, Chanel, Prada etc)

Plus on the commute every day to work, I always see a different woman with an LV handbag. Why do women fixate on luxury items like this?

thats like asking a guy why he wants multiple women
Original post by Serine Soul
If average 'normal-end' clothing cost around ~£15 apiece, then 4000/18 = 266.666666... clothes owned

Do you think you've owned more than 267 items of clothing over your lifetime?

£15 a piece? What?
Just to play devils advocate they can be a good investment, an hermes birkin bag will appreciate faster than any stock or bond
Original post by DiddyDec
£15 a piece? What?

Too high or too low?
Original post by Precious Illusions
Agreed tbh but I'd still never spend that much on a coat. Maybe up to £300 and I'd expect it to last forever. When women spend a shitton on impractical shoes I don't get it either. If I'm spending a lot of money on shoes they had better be practical.

I thought you liked my sandals:frown:
Too high or too low?

Way too low, closer to £30 at the very least.
I'm a guy and the only materialistic stuff I go after are:

1) Gym clothes. ( :heart: buying more better quality + different designs #gymshark #alphalete )
2) Regular clothes.
3) Trainers.
4) Headphones
5) Perfumes.
Original post by PQ
I thought you liked my sandals:frown:

Your sandals are the exception. Worth every damn penny.
I understand the importance of quality and would spend up £1000 on a coat, but that is because it is functional and not purely for the status symbol.

Original post by whorace
She'd rather buy a crap little bag no one cares about than go on holiday?

If it lasted like 5 winters and looked amazing sure.

Decent leather jacket from say, Schot NYC, will last you more like a lifetime.
Original post by Precious Illusions
Your sandals are the exception. Worth every damn penny.

2 job interviews 2 job offers. You can't argue with those kind of stats.
Way too low, closer to £30 at the very least.

I was counting in things like underwear and socks too but okay :tongue:

My view is skewed anyway because anything that's not Primark is 'normal - end' to me

Lemme change that
(edited 8 years ago)
I was counting in things like underwear and socks too but okay :tongue:

My view is skewed anyway because anything that's not Primark is 'normal - end' to me

Lemme change that

Socks aren't cheap and neither is underwear, especially if you are a woman.
Original post by Death Grips
Was just on the phone with my gf and she told me she has saved up £4k for like the past 10 years (money from birthdays, allowance from parents etc) just to save up to buy a Chanel handbag.

And her friends are the same - they all go gaga over designer handbags, clothes, shoes etc (they're obsessed with Dior, LV, Chanel, Prada etc)

Plus on the commute every day to work, I always see a different woman with an LV handbag. Why do women fixate on luxury items like this?

i am a guy and love designer stuff i have a versace suit, a hugo boss tie, a hugo boss raincoat, a barbour jacket, a tom ford suede jacket and a buffalo leather jacket
women love this stuff as this is there equivalent to sports cars and quality watches they have designer items and diamond jewellery

not to mention that i sell a lot of this stuff for a living i have sold a lot of designer stuff including several handbags from gucci and a stella mccartney to mulberrys and louis vuittons (mostly cheaper ones) but i have my eye on a lot of designer jewellery from cartier and tiffany to versace and louis vuitton pieces

Spoiler

Just want to say... Let them females be crazy, it is good for my business :colondollar:
Socks aren't cheap and neither is underwear, especially if you are a woman.

Not if you look in the right places at the right times.

Good on you for having so much money!

Quick Reply

Latest