The Student Room Group

When do you say 'I love you'?

How long do you usually wait before you say I love you? Vote on the poll!
I said it to my dog the other day, #foreveralone
Before I eat the cake with dramatic music playing, tears rolling down my face. Raining heavily

In reality, I don't know
Reply 3
When and only when you mean it, the more you say it the less value it has, the quicker you say it the less value it has.
Reply 4
According to some of the TSR couples I have seen: 43 seconds into the relationship is the norm to say "I love you".
Reply 5
Original post by Davalla
According to some of the TSR couples I have seen: 43 seconds into the relationship is the norm to say "I love you".

Cheap cheap cheap. Booooooooo!! Shame
Original post by whorace
When and only when you mean it, the more you say it the less value it has, the quicker you say it the less value it has.

PRSOM :grumble:

You say it when the time is right and when you mean it. If you're not sure that you should be saying it, perhaps you shouldn't say it :nah:
Anyone else wishing they had problems like this?
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone else wishing they had problems like this?

Lol it's quite serious, too quickly or too long and it can ruin a relationship, depends on the people involved.
Where's the poll?
When it feels right, when there have been enough dates and I know enough about them to actually mean it.
When the time is right, though don't expect the other person to say it and actually mean it
the same time when you say it.

Everyone is different.
whenever you want to ??
why does it have to be so deep
Never
If you have been 'in love' enough times that you can have a 'usual' time when it happens, you havent been in love, just infatuated.

I think we say 'i love you' when we are infatuated someone for a while, which is fine because it does feel like love, but it's not until you get past the honeymoon period that you can tell if it was true love or not, i think.
When I've taken the first bite of the chocolate bar:yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending