The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Study abroad opportunities

Hello guys!I am curious wether or not there are many study abroad opportunities within university and how hard is to obtain a year abroad as a Combined Honours student (Management, Politics and International Relations) :smile:
Original post by Lalala97
Hello guys!I am curious wether or not there are many study abroad opportunities within university and how hard is to obtain a year abroad as a Combined Honours student (Management, Politics and International Relations) :smile:

Hello :smile:

You can see general information about studying abroad here: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/abroad/

I've looked at the Combined Honours page (http://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/y001/#courseoverview) and it says that study abroad is an opportunity on that course!

It says "UK and EU students who are not studying a language may also have the opportunity to study abroad through an Erasmus or non-EU exchange (depending on subject choice). You can substitute one semester of study at Newcastle for one semester abroad or add an extra year to study abroad between Stages 2 and 3.'

You could try contacting this email address: "[email protected]" to see what's available for your choice of subjects. :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by rayquaza17
Hello :smile:

You can see general information about studying abroad here: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/abroad/

I've looked at the Combined Honours page (http://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/y001/#courseoverview) and it says that study abroad is an opportunity on that course!

It says "UK and EU students who are not studying a language may also have the opportunity to study abroad through an Erasmus or non-EU exchange (depending on subject choice). You can substitute one semester of study at Newcastle for one semester abroad or add an extra year to study abroad between Stages 2 and 3.'

You could try contacting this email address: "[email protected]" to see what's available for your choice of subjects. :smile:

Thanks for the reply. Do you study there?
Thanks for the reply. Do you study there?

Yep, third year maths. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by rayquaza17
Yep, third year maths. :smile:

How do you like it there? Is there a student community or everyone is spread around the city?:confused:
How do you like it there? Is there a student community or everyone is spread around the city?:confused:

I love it. There's definitely a student community, especially on my course. The uni is based on one campus, with the business school being a short walk away, so your marketing lectures might be based over there I'm not sure. Some accommodation is right on campus whereas some is a bit more spaced out, but I live at home so can't comment on that. :smile:

You really need to visit the uni, if possible, before making a decision. The outcome of the visit could really be surprising.
I didn't expect much of the university, but visited it, loved it, firmed it.
Reply 7
Original post by 0123456543210
You really need to visit the uni, if possible, before making a decision. The outcome of the visit could really be surprising.
I didn't expect much of the university, but visited it, loved it, firmed it.

Thanks for the reply! I wish I could attend the open days, but unfortunately I have to make my decision based on the online tours and reviews :frown:
Which university do you go to?
Thanks for the reply! I wish I could attend the open days, but unfortunately I have to make my decision based on the online tours and reviews :frown:
Which university do you go to?

I am doing my a-levels now, but hopefully will go to the Newcastle Uni in September. Back to the original question, I am not sure about your dept, but when I asked a question as to the competitiveness of the year abroad (for Law students), they said that it varies greatly, last year the 'year abroad' was actually undersubscribed, yet sometimes competition is noticeable. Having said that, I am sure that if you focus on your course and achieve a 2.1 odds are in your favour.:smile:
Reply 9
Original post by 0123456543210
I am doing my a-levels now, but hopefully will go to the Newcastle Uni in September. Back to the original question, I am not sure about your dept, but when I asked a question as to the competitiveness of the year abroad (for Law students), they said that it varies greatly, last year the 'year abroad' was actually undersubscribed, yet sometimes competition is noticeable. Having said that, I am sure that if you focus on your course and achieve a 2.1 odds are in your favour.:smile:

Great! Thanks a lot! I think I will ask my Departament the same question :biggrin:
Good luck with your application!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending