The Student Room Group

Are there many non-biracial mixed race people?

I mean obviously there's a lot but I mean in the UK or in the West in general? I find it very annoying when I want to see mixed race people, all of them seem to be biracial.

Is anyone else here, mixed but not biracial?
Why do you find it annoying? lol
Reply 2
Original post by Legendary Quest
Why do you find it annoying? lol

Because I literally never find non-biracial mixed people, if I search mixed race, they are always biracial. I go on the mixed race subreddit and it is all catered to biracial people (and even then mainly half white half other ethnicity), I don't have a problem with people like that, I have family like that and so on. But it seems the mixed race narrative is for biracial people, a lot of blog posts all preach a similar message.

If you say you're mixed race, someone's first question is always what are your parents, not what are you. But this is only a simple question if you are biracial.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Dinasaurus
Because I literally never find non-biracial mixed people, if I search mixed race, they are always biracial. I go on the mixed race subreddit and it is all catered to biracial people (and even then mainly half white half other ethnicity), I don't have a problem with people like that, I have family like that and so on. But it seems the mixed race narrative is for biracial people, a lot of blog posts all preach a similar message.

What's the difference and why the interest with it?
Wait a generation or two, biracial people will be having kids together :tongue:

I'm half Japanese and half Irish (sorry!) so my children will undoubtedly be mixed race :tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by Thomb
What's the difference and why the interest with it?

The difference is your parents could be mixed race as well and not the same mix as each other which makes you not biracial.

Because it is assumed that if you are mixed race you are biracial, which isn't always the case. I understand it is maybe less likely but I feel I've never met anyone who shares this with me (other than my own family I guess or people from my country but I don't see them at all). The interest is
Reply 6
Original post by Dinasaurus
The difference is your parents could be mixed race as well and not the same mix as each other which makes you not biracial.

Because it is assumed that if you are mixed race you are biracial, which isn't always the case. I understand it is maybe less likely but I feel I've never met anyone who shares this with me (other than my own family I guess or people from my country but I don't see them at all). The interest is

oh right.
Reply 7
Original post by SeanFM
Wait a generation or two, biracial people will be having kids together :tongue:

I'm half Japanese and half Irish (sorry!) so my children will undoubtedly be mixed race :tongue:

I don't have a problem with biracial people lol, biracial people are necessary for their to be non biracial mixed people.

Sorry if it came across that way, I just wanted to see if there were others like me.

Quick Reply

Latest