The Student Room Group

UCL vs Brunel vs Queen Mary for Mechanical Engineering

So as the title says... I have offers from all 3, and leaning towards UCL
In general UCL has a better rep but more importantly I'm going to firm it.
Reply 2
This shouldn't be a contest

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by thad33

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm assuming you're saying UCL? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by vannson
I'm assuming you're saying UCL? :smile:

Correct

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thad33

Posted from TSR Mobile

This one
Original post by vannson
So as the title says... I have offers from all 3, and leaning towards UCL

Which one do you like the best?
I'm in my third year studying mechanical engineering at Queen Mary. My view is biased however I've seen QMUL's engineering department progress quite rapidly since I've been here and I genuinely think it will rival and over take UCL in terms of rankings for mechanical engineering soon. If you want to go for a bigger name, its UCL hands down, but you rarely hear of their Engineering department being highly regarded (no offence). A close friend of mine did a foundation engineering degree at UCL and yes that isn't an accurate representation of teaching or course quality for mech eng but he did have some really strong views on why he chose to transfer to QMUL.

Anyways, the choice is ultimately yours. If you have any questions about the course structure, lectures or life at QMUL, fire away.
(edited 8 years ago)
UCL>QMUL>Brunel.

Why is this even asked as a question? :s-smilie:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
UCL>QMUL>Brunel.

Why is this even asked as a question? :s-smilie:

Because the complete university guide shouldn't taint peoples view of a university or course. It is statements like that which prevent people from making informed decisions. Don't follow the crowd, do research and make your own choice.
Original post by Quantum_Phantom
Because the complete university guide shouldn't taint peoples view of a university or course. It is statements like that which prevent people from making informed decisions. Don't follow the crowd, do research and make your own choice.

Someone's

There is a significant gap between UCL and the other 2.
I'm in a similar position. I have an unconditional for ChemEng at UCL, and UCL is the university I'd love to go to. Only problem is that their ChemEng degree/department sounds like its a total mess. So I'd hate to accept the offer and end up disliking the degree thanks to the department:colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending