The Student Room Group

HELP!!! I am unsure about what to drop for A2

I am stuck between doing biology or chemistry for next year
I know i want to do physics and maths next year
I want to do engineering at university but only need to specific subjects (maths and physics, the third one does not matter what subject just as long as i get a good grade)
Do you know which discipline of engineering you want to do?
I'd go for whichever you enjoy most/have the best grades in but if it's the same, I'd stick with Chemistry and drop Biology :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by jazzyp234
Do you know which discipline of engineering you want to do?

Probably mechanical or electronics
Reply 4
chemistry if you want to do engineering
Then I would do Chemistry as it would probably be more helpful
I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Art (I'm probably going to go on to do Physics). Next year I'm picking up AS Further Maths and not dropping anything.

I realise this isn't for everyone though, and if you really want to drop something, consider what you want to do exactly. If you want to do bioengineering, keep Biology. For any other type of engineering (including other medical types), I'd keep Chemistry.

Still, my advice is to just keep them all. Four A-levels is the normal amount that people tend to do.
Reply 7
Original post by JustJusty
I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Art (I'm probably going to go on to do Physics). Next year I'm picking up AS Further Maths and not dropping anything.

I realise this isn't for everyone though, and if you really want to drop something, consider what you want to do exactly. If you want to do bioengineering, keep Biology. For any other type of engineering (including other medical types), I'd keep Chemistry.

Still, my advice is to just keep them all. Four A-levels is the normal amount that people tend to do.

Ok, three is the normal as the college say only to do three for A2 and universities mainly tend to ask for 3 full a levels
I think chemistry would be more helpful for engineering, so I'd suggest dropping biology :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest