The Student Room Group

World Twenty20 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

well deserved, Virat kohli is a monster
Original post by moment of truth
I'm guessing you go to UCL? Haha fair enough then. I realised that my uni societies are watching it together, but I'm gonna watch it at home :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I do :smile: Aww that sounds nice! :biggrin:
Just seen the result and I'm happy we won! :biggrin: Virat Kohli is just amazing :heart:
About the game today..

Well, deeply disappointed and saddened at the fact that we lost, especially knowing that Pakistan played extremely good today. I could not believe those chakkas one after the other by Malik and Akmal. Much love and respect for my Green guy Shoaib Malik. He played really well. Will NEVER forget those wickets by Sami! Especially when the wicket came out and when Yuvraj was to do a chakka and then Sami catched it. Some great and proud moments for Pakistanis today from the match.

But...

Here comes the criticisms:

Fielding on the part of Pakistan was better but not good enough to win the match. Pakistan started off pretty good and in fact there were less balls and more scores for India to make. However, fielding failed hence the outcome.

India played okay. Last time they played extremely well against Pakistan. I gave them credit. However, I was a bit shocked at India's fielding and scoring game today. The scoring game only changed after the partnership of Kholi and Dhoni.

Overall, Congrats India!

Pakistan, I love you so much and I must say I'm disappointed yet again but this time I was really expecting something since you guys played extremely well. I saw unity, better fielding and partnership within you guys. However, this was not enough to win. I'm still proud of you my guys! You guys improved. Better luck next time and please win for once for all of the loyal fans of yours, including me!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Indeterminate
Just seen the result and I'm happy we won! :biggrin: Virat Kohli is just amazing :heart:

:colonhash:

Well done!:colonhash::h:

I don't like Kholi:angry: But..he's a great player:colonhash::h:

Omg the struggle to remain clam:colonhash::h:
I feel like India relied too much on Kohli in their batting. Win was deserved but had Pakistan got his wicket early on (after Sami's double), I think it would have been over.
Beats me why the Pakistanis are so disappointed rn - shouldn't you be used to it by now? :tongue:

Original post by Student403
x

That offer of combining Pakistani batting and Indian bowling still stands btw (just so we (Indians) see how it feels :tongue:)
:rofl::rofl:
Looks like the scores are 1-1

Pakistani Women and Indian Men :lol:
rekt
Well, as @CoolCavy said to me at least @Indeterminate is happy. Trust me, Cavy, only that keeps me going on!:p: :colondollar:

Also, my soni @Eternalflames. Happy for you too! :frown: :smile: omg #Mixedemotions:colonhash:
(edited 8 years ago)
Well played India, if it wasn't for Kohli I reckon it would've been closer. Oh well, we're still second. :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel like India relied too much on Kohli in their batting. Win was deserved but had Pakistan got his wicket early on (after Sami's double), I think it would have been over.

I agree. Apart from Yuvraj, none of the other batsmen managed anything meaningful. So while their limited-overs credentials are unquestionable, India certainly have work to do if they want to live up to their pre-tournament billing :yep:

Re. Kohli: His chasing stats suggest that it's very difficult to get him out cheaply in the 2nd innings of a limited-overs game. He's just something else entirely :ahee:
Original post by Enginerd.
Well played India, if it wasn't for Kohli I reckon it would've been closer. Oh well, we're still second. :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

All this time during the match, I was just praying for Kholi to get out cos he is the REAL danger:colonhash:
I agree. Apart from Yuvraj, none of the other batsmen managed anything meaningful. So while their limited-overs credentials are unquestionable, India certainly have work to do if they want to live up to their pre-tournament billing :yep:

Re. Kohli: His chasing stats suggest that it's very difficult to get him out cheaply in the 2nd innings of a limited-overs game. He's just something else entirely :ahee:

Well said. I think that scare they had at the beginning of the tournament is long gone. They will be all fired up after this game

Its was a garbage score that india had to chase, even I and my 5 friends would chase that score in 10 overs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AsandaLFC
Its was a garbage score that india had to chase, even I and my 5 friends would chase that score in 10 overs

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you watch the match?
Original post by AsandaLFC

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I agree, the score by Pakistan was pretty bad. It should have been at least 150 or so. But only Kholi played well in Indian team. So credit goes to Kholi:colonhash::h:
Original post by BrokenLife
Yeah I agree, the score by Pakistan was pretty bad. It should have been at least 150 or so. But only Kholi played well in Indian team. So credit goes to Kholi:colonhash::h:

Kohli!
Kohli!

Rn in such a bad mood but Kohli..sorry for spelling it wrong:redface:
Original post by BrokenLife
Rn in such a bad mood but Kohli..sorry for spelling it wrong:redface:

No it's fine lol - I understand :smile:

:console:

Quick Reply

Latest