The Student Room Group

What's your top 5 to 10 top goals in life?

Scroll to see replies

1. Graduate with a 1st.
2. Become an actuary.
3. Run the Bath half marathon.
4. Earn enough money to let my mum live in Japan and my dad to do some property investments.
5. Travel and see the world.
6. Find that special someone and have kids, or failing that, dogs and cats and other pets :tongue:
7. Direct a film about something or write a novel.
8. Become a famous viner :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Good question, hmm, lets think..

To find happiness
To find a job that suits me in the future, hopefully one that makes a difference
To complete my degree
Get a dog
Get a place of my own
To find love
To combat my anxiety and depression
Original post by richpanda
Wilshere vs Norwich

Alli vs Crystal Palace

Ibra vs England

RVp vs Man City

Martina vs Arsenal, Boxing Day 2015
Original post by Changing Skies
My unrealistic hopes are things like a Shetland pony, pygmy goat, a sheep, chickens, ducks, dogs, rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, a hedgehog etc. :tongue: I'd need acres of land for what I want tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What about me? :frown:

Original post by stefano865
Adopt me instead. :tongue:

I'm even cuter. :u:

You can be my servant if you want
Reply 25
1. Travel the world.
2. Have a distinguished career in public service.
3. Marry a decent person.
4. Have decent children.
5. Have a house in a decent community and make a name for myself.

I should also like to fight in at least one war, not out of desire but out of public service and to experience what real evil is.
(edited 8 years ago)
Not in order:
1.) Be truly happy - with a happy family, friends etc.
2.) Become a doctor.
3.) Help those in need all around the world by volunteering- have medical missions to help those who can't afford proper healthcare, help less fortunate children get education etc.
4.) Be able to get everything my parents need and want to live the rest of their life happy and without stress.
5.) Travel the world.
6.) Be healthy and make sure my my family are healthy too.
7.) Make a big difference in saving the planet/looking after the environment.
9.) be able to afford things without having to worry about running out of money.
10.) Be a "better Christian", build a closer relationship with god.
Be happy.
Have a huge library in my home.

Spoiler

The latter contributes significantly to the former goal in life. :u:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by whorace

I should also like to fight in at least one war, not out of desire but out of public service and to experience what real evil is.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard
Reply 29
Original post by SentryE3D
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard

Not any dumber than useless criticism with a pretense of superiority. Why exactly? I don't have any illusions about difficulty, but it's also true that war is an important part of society and life and I should like to experience it in some form.
Original post by whorace
Not any dumber than useless criticism with a pretense of superiority. Why exactly? I don't have any illusions about difficulty, but it's also true that war is an important part of society and life and I should like to experience it in some form.

You're right, it isn't any dumber than my baseless criticism, but it's still dumb anyway. Go paintballing instead.
Reply 31
You're right, it isn't any dumber than my baseless criticism, but it's still dumb anyway. Go paintballing instead.

I've already been paintballing. I get why you might say it is dumb, putting yourself in a position to suffer is by all accounts stupid, but it's because of this that I should like to experience it, a chance of experiencing what it really means to be suffering, I don't wish it upon myself but it is a testimony of millions of people who have fought for our rights and I think I might learn something from it.
Goals:
Have a successful career (maybe even start up my own business)
Move to Canada
Find my dream girl
Travel the world and watch motorsport
Become more confident
Learn lots of new skills
Become a better human being
Original post by whorace
I've already been paintballing. I get why you might say it is dumb, putting yourself in a position to suffer is by all accounts stupid, but it's because of this that I should like to experience it, a chance of experiencing what it really means to be suffering, I don't wish it upon myself but it is a testimony of millions of people who have fought for our rights and I think I might learn something from it.

It's a very different ball game now to the rose-tinted stories of heroism from WWI & WWII you hear. In fact, we lose our rag if we're still in work after 10am on a friday
Reply 34
It's a very different ball game now to the rose-tinted stories of heroism from WWI & WWII you hear. In fact, we lose our rag if we're still in work after 10am on a friday

Well I never said I would work for the army :tongue:
Short term ones:

1) get great exam results in August (beat my friend!!!)
2) be happier
3) hold no grudges
4) get good skin
5) actually have a life

Long term ones:

1) get my degree and become a teacher
2) become confident
3) pick up German again
4) become more outgoing
5) make a difference
Getting married to my dream girl
Having a book on the Classics published
Delivering one of those 'iconic' speeches in the Commons
Introducing a bill that benefits a lot of people
Becoming a Professor
Original post by whorace
Well I never said I would work for the army :tongue:

Yeah, I don't...
Reply 38
Original post by Changing Skies
My unrealistic hopes are things like a Shetland pony, pygmy goat, a sheep, chickens, ducks, dogs, rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, a hedgehog etc. :tongue: I'd need acres of land for what I want tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is quite a menagerie move to Wales theres loads of cheap land here for stuff like that.
Hmm...
1) Get A*s at A-Level
2) Start swimming seriously again
3) Become fluent in French and at least one other language
4) Graduate from uni with a first
5) Travel and live abroad
6) Be successful in whatever career I end up in- do interesting, useful stuff and make money
7) Meet someone I want to spend the rest of my life with and do so
8) Become less socially anxious and more comfortable in my own skin
9) Write a fantasy novel
10) Do volunteer work that directly helps people

Quick Reply