The Student Room Group

Would you care?

I was conversing with this guy he normally has neanderthal tendencies but I told him that I normally get facials, to see how he would react, and he said that was fine. But then I sparked up a taboo subject with him which caused him to get enraged, that I was thinking about going to a salon parlour to get a manicure and pedicure, apparently it's against the "guy code, it's straight up gay, and that he wouldn't be caught dead in a salon parlour as it's fruity and feminine", and that if I enter a salon parlour I should rethink my sexuality:sigh: so I now I am thinking twice about actually entering a parlour in case I get judged and start getting all paranoid:ninja:.

But what would you think if you saw a straight male entering a salon parlour to get a manicure or pedicure? apparently it feels really good, and this female I like, likes men with clean nails. So I thought why not, but it seems to be frowned upon in the straight male community. :/
Reply 1
It's gay to do something because it's gay and using gay as an insult is gay, ygm?
no one in their right mind cares or uses gay as an insult, do whatever you want, if people are so involved in others' lives to care about stuff like that they need a hobbie tbh. Being gay involves being attracted to members of the opposite sex, not getting a manicure.
(edited 8 years ago)
how dirty are your nails that you can't cut and clean them yourself at home.......... i'm a girl and even i don't go to the salon for this......
Original post by Mr Hustle Bustle
I was conversing with this guy he normally has neanderthal tendencies but I told him that I normally get facials, to see how he would react, and he said that was fine. But then I sparked up a taboo subject with him which caused him to get enraged, that I was thinking about going to a salon parlour to get a manicure and pedicure, apparently it's against the "guy code, it's straight up gay, and that he wouldn't be caught dead in a salon parlour as it's fruity and feminine", and that if I enter a salon parlour I should rethink my sexuality:sigh: so I now I am thinking twice about actually entering a parlour in case I get judged and start getting all paranoid:ninja:.

But what would you think if you saw a straight male entering a salon parlour to get a manicure or pedicure? apparently it feels really good, and this female I like, likes men with clean nails. So I thought why not, but it seems to be frowned upon in the straight male community. :/

in response to your question, no i wouldn't care, BUT others would, they judge and assume, that's the problem, even if it's not their business they make it theirs by making a comment or giving mean looks.....
I'd probably think it was a little unusual, and then forget about it. If you like it, then it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks, and even if people did judge you for it, it's unlikely you'd ever see them again afterwards anyway
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
how dirty are your nails that you can't cut and clean them yourself at home.......... i'm a girl and even i don't go to the salon for this......

Not everyone that goes to a parlour to get their nails has had their hands in mud prior to entering a salon, they do it for a reason, because it moisturises and revitalises your nails.
Original post by Blondie987
no one in their right mind cares or uses gay as an insult, do whatever you want, if people are so involved in others' lives to care about stuff like that they need a hobbie tbh. Being gay involves being attracted to members of the opposite sex, not getting a manicure.

Yeah exactly, it's narrow minded to use "gay" as an insult.

Your sexuality has nothing to do with your hobbies or what you wear.

Wait wouldnt a male have to be in the salon himself to even care if you came in? Unless you went around with a sign on your forehead i doubt anyone would even know?

Also how exactly do your facial/nail problems define your sexuality. Saying someone is gay because they get their eyebrows done or wear skinny jean or get manicures (in your case) is laughable.
(edited 8 years ago)
they do it for a reason, because it moisturises and revitalises your nails.

[video="youtube;YaG5SAw1n0c"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaG5SAw1n0c[/video]

jk you do you boo
People will judge you for it, albeit unjustly. Most people claim to be tolerant, perhaps even liberal minded, but, in reality, we are all subject to prejudice. Fortunately this concept of gender roles and expectations is being consigned to the past.

So, yes, you might be exposing yourself to judgement, but if there is one thing I've learned in my (many) years on this planet, it's that the best thing you can do for yourself is to disregard concern for approval, and to care little for what others think.
I don't do any of that. But I'd not give a flying **** of other's remarks if I did go. Metrosexuality apparently, tell that nob head

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
I don't do any of that. But I'd not give a flying **** of other's remarks if I did go. Metrosexuality apparently, tell that nob head

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont think you have to swap sexuality, he is still heterosexual, why is there so many ******** genders and sexualitys LOL

Mate do what you want, if you want a manicure or pedicure than go get one! Doesn't matter what other people think. Don't let other people rule your life and don't try and change yourself to fit in. **** society, **** stereotypes, DO WHAT YOU WANT AND BE YOURSELF. And don't surround yourself with bad company
Original post by TSRFT8
Wait wouldnt a male have to be in the salon himself to even care if you came in? Unless you went around with a sign on your forehead i doubt anyone would even know?

Also how exactly do your facial/nail problems define your sexuality. Saying someone is gay because they get their eyebrows done or wear skinny jean or get manicures (in your case) is laughable.

I am a bit scared the people in the salon might judge me on my sexuality, or give me funny looks, as I'd most likely be the only male in that salon so I'd probably stick out like s sore thumb.

But I am probably just over thinking. :/
Original post by whorace
It's gay to do something because it's gay and using gay as an insult is gay, ygm?

Yeah I get you.:mute:
I am a bit scared the people in the salon might judge me on my sexuality, or give me funny looks, as I'd most likely be the only male in that salon so I'd probably stick out like s sore thumb.

But I am probably just over thinking. :/

Im not going to lie it would be strange, but i dont think i would really care enough to bother saying anything. Also why not go to a salon far away? You wont know anyone and will never see them again? Problem solved
Original post by TSRFT8
Im not going to lie it would be strange, but i dont think i would really care enough to bother saying anything. Also why not go to a salon far away? You wont know anyone and will never see them again? Problem solved

Yeah you are right I might have to re-locate, I know one parlour where they have a few males working in there, so it might it be less awkward for me, even though it's quite far. :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending