The Student Room Group

White Privilege

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joecphillips
If someone had a gun at night I would want to be able to shoot to protect myself, are police officers supposed to wait until they get shot before they can react?

So shoot a child to kill him when there was no proof that he had an actual gun? They were going by details given to them by a caller to which the operator responded (about the boy) "is he White or Black"?
Reply 61
Original post by WBZ144
Did I say just Africa? Ankara, Beirut, and Mombasa are all considered to be major cities in their respective countries. They have all been targeted. Looks like someone is not very well informed geographically.

There have been more acts of terrorism committed in 1 year in Ankara and Beirut than in Paris in 123 years. Mombasa is not in any way a major country, do not lie or delude yourself just to pass a point across.
Reply 62
Original post by WBZ144
So shoot a child to kill him when there was no proof that he had an actual gun? They were going by details given to them by a caller to which the operator responded (about the boy) "is he White or Black"?

There was proof he had a gun the caller had seen it.

Yes let's not ask a question that can reduce the amount of suspects, we should stop giving descriptions of suspects as it is wrong for the police to look for a black boy when it is a black boy involved in the incident.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Don't you see the hypocrisy? Some policemen see a black person with a gun, and think "sh*t, he's gonna shoot us" - and some innocent black people get killed. You see a policeman and think "he's gonna murder some black people, because that's how they like to spend their time"

lol whatever.
Reply 64

Thanks for posting it.

I wanted to quote the Department of defence, but these are authentic as well.
Reply 65
Original post by loveleest
lol whatever.

It's not "lol whatever"

It's you have no argument and rely only shear ignorance and stupidity to convey your incredibly flawed points.
??? I have no idea what point you are trying to convey.
White privilege does exist- You have police shooting unarmed young black men for no reason which clearly shows that white privilege is a thing

You mean like in Baltimore, where a black police chief, a black mayor, a predominantly black city council and a predominantly black police force caused the locals to have a huge amount of rioting over the racist mostly-black police?

I don't mean that in a rude way, but merely to stop and think that there may be more than simple 'White privilege' at play that causes that.

Poverty in the modern world perpetuates poverty. That is a simple truism - Poor white boys in Britain have less than a 1/10 chance of going on to further education, as an example, and on a per capita basis, white males have less chance of getting in to Cambridge or Oxford.

Black communities tend to congregate, and tend to be poor - This tends to ghettoization, generational poverty and increased crime. This isn't unique to the black community - Look at Irish communities in the 1930s or refugee communities in Europe now.

If you are passionate about the plight of the black community - And I think you are - Look more at the causation of generational poverty and come up with a solution for it. That will help everyone - Black, white, native or any other race.

Or you can continue to blame 'White Privilege', which will not resolve the issue. You will continue to have generational poverty which will continue to cause unrest(And has in almost every large community that had self-segregation and generational poverty in history), will continue to cause civil unrest and will continue to on to your children and your children's children.

The choice is ultimately yours - Do the collective you want to change the situation or simply want to be excused for an ultimately impotent rage?
Reply 67
Are police men doing their job when they are shooting unarmed black men?

You're making it out as if the people they are shooting at aren't crime committing thugs.
Original post by wdkmwd
There have been more acts of terrorism committed in 1 year in Ankara and Beirut than in Paris in 123 years. Mombasa is not in any way a major country, do not lie or delude yourself just to pass a point across.

Paris terrorist attacks in the past year and a half = 2

Ankara terrorist attacks in the past year and a half = 2

Beirut terrorist attacks in the past year and a half = 1

These are generally peaceful and vibrant cities. Your ignorance does not turn them into hotbeds of terrorism. And just because you have not heard of Mombasa does not mean it isn't considered to be a major city in Kenya. You have already proven yourself to be very uneducated.
Reply 69
Is that all you have to say?

She's run out of bars, LOOL
Original post by joecphillips
There was proof he had a gun the caller had seen it.

Yes let's not ask a question that can reduce the amount of suspects, we should stop giving descriptions of suspects as it is wrong for the police to look for a black boy when it is a black boy involved in the incident.

The caller could have been anyone. Is it really that easy to get a kid shot by the police in America? Are you in your right mind to say that shooting a child to kill is justified based on a phone call?

These justifications just prove what the OP has been trying to say.
Reply 71
Original post by WBZ144
Paris terrorist attacks in the past year and a half = 2

Ankara terrorist attacks in the past year and a half = 2

Beirut terrorist attacks in the past year and a half = 1

These are generally peaceful and vibrant cities. Your ignorance does not turn them into hotbeds of terrorism. And just because you have not heard of Mombasa does not mean it isn't considered to be a major city in Kenya. You have already proven yourself to be very uneducated.

LOL, you are such an utter moron.

I said terrorists attacks in 1 year. I didn't say THIS YEAR.:facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2:

When you have time, go and research the amount of terrorist attacks that took place in Beirut and Ankara in 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2006, when the war on terror was in full force.

And yes I've heard of Mombasa, and no it's not even remotely a major country.

You can't hold a candle to my education.
Original post by wdkmwd
You're making it out as if the people they are shooting at aren't crime committing thugs.

You are absolutely ****ing disgusting and probably a racist.

So when a policeman shot a 12 year old playing with a toy gun was the 12 year old a committing thug you ignorant ****ing ****?

I will not peruse a conversation with you any longer as your ignorance aggravates me.
Is that all you have to say?

Yes, we clearly have different opinions so there is no point in arguing lol
Original post by studentfeed
Discuss below:

I personally believe it does.
You are entitled to your opinion and please do not get too into the discussion, thank you.

LOL No. More like Black privilege, welfare, black lives matter, reparations, EVEN THEIR ONE MONTH!!
Reply 75
Original post by WBZ144
The caller could have been anyone. Is it really that easy to get a kid shot by the police in America? Are you in your right mind to say that shooting a child to kill is justified based on a phone call?

These justifications just prove what the OP has been trying to say.

So Madam where was the coverage and massive up-roar when Bryce williams a BLACK man, shot and killed 2 white innocent news reporters in an act he claimed would spark a race war?

Why didn't the media cover the story?

Where they afraid about the fact that liberals only care about gun violence when a black person is killed by a white person?
Original post by ThatOldGuy
You mean like in Baltimore, where a black police chief, a black mayor, a predominantly black city council and a predominantly black police force caused the locals to have a huge amount of rioting over the racist mostly-black police?

I don't mean that in a rude way, but merely to stop and think that there may be more than simple 'White privilege' at play that causes that.

Poverty in the modern world perpetuates poverty. That is a simple truism - Poor white boys in Britain have less than a 1/10 chance of going on to further education, as an example, and on a per capita basis, white males have less chance of getting in to Cambridge or Oxford.

Black communities tend to congregate, and tend to be poor - This tends to ghettoization, generational poverty and increased crime. This isn't unique to the black community - Look at Irish communities in the 1930s or refugee communities in Europe now.

If you are passionate about the plight of the black community - And I think you are - Look more at the causation of generational poverty and come up with a solution for it. That will help everyone - Black, white, native or any other race.

Or you can continue to blame 'White Privilege', which will not resolve the issue. You will continue to have generational poverty which will continue to cause unrest(And has in almost every large community that had self-segregation and generational poverty in history), will continue to cause civil unrest and will continue to on to your children and your children's children.

The choice is ultimately yours - Do the collective you want to change the situation or simply want to be excused for an ultimately impotent rage?

I was talking about white privilege in regrades to white policeman shooting down unarmed blacks for no reason... I don't know why you felt it was necessary to type all of that.
Reply 77
You are absolutely ****ing disgusting and probably a racist.

So when a policeman shot a 12 year old playing with a toy gun was the 12 year old a committing thug you ignorant ****ing ****?

I will not peruse a conversation with you any longer as your ignorance aggravates me.

I'm not supporting the murder of the little kid, but why would a 12 year old kid be playing with a toy gun?

And why didn't he listen to the officers when they told him to drop the weapon and get on the floor.

How were the officers supposed to tell the difference?
Original post by wdkmwd
LOL, you are such an utter moron.

I said terrorists attacks in 1 year. I didn't say THIS YEAR.:facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2:

When you have time, go and research the amount of terrorist attacks that took place in Beirut and Ankara in 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2006, when the war on terror was in full force.

And yes I've heard of Mombasa, and no it's not even remotely a major country.

You can't hold a candle to my education.

:lol: that coming from someone who can't tell non-Western countries apart!

1 year could mean any year, I chose last year. That does not change the fact that these cities are generally peaceful and stable. The so-called War on Terror hardly affected Turkey at all.

Sure, Kenyans would not consider their second largest city to be a major city at all. I hope you are trolling, because it's sad to think that someone could really be this clueless.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending