The Student Room Group

Third class degree, what next?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lawliettt
Then you should realise that "lovely area" is the last thing anyone would use to describe it. That alone is the reason why I don't believe you.

But back on the establishment, for a RG uni, it's below average. For unis in the UK, it's decent. (just not worth the 9k a year when there are better unis asking for the same or lower grades. And for mechanical engineering it's relatively poor. Hence why i said getting a third in mechanical engineering at liverpool is a double loss

Okay :thumbsup:. I'm just going to leave you to talk rubbish to someone who cares.

He had a famous name
He went to Oxford
He entered the job market in the 1960's a much different place than the present day.

Not saying he cant go on to be highly successful, but its a much tougher sell.
Original post by Smack

You can't even use Unistats correctly. Click on the "more on employment and accreditation" link and it gives you a more detailed breakdown of what those who went into employment are doing.

It's not really. I think if someone has the word "engineer" in their job title it's a good indication of what they are working as.

Why?

Some did, as Unistats says, but most didn't.

The.Statistic.You.Posted.Doesn't.Look.At.Relevant.Sectors.

I don't know how many times i have to say it. The 90% or w.e you said about liverpool and 80% at Manchester met is employment everywhere. There may be a more detailed statistic somewhere, true. But the amount that go into graduate roles at Liverpool is NOT that high. It's not 90%. Please stop lying to everyone by posting this statistic. It's not 90% at any Uni in england.

And i now know there's no point of attempting to take you seriously. You don't need engineer in the title for it to be relevant. Where the hell did you get that from?

If you need me to explain to you why it doesn't take a simpleton to realise 80% of manchester ****ing metropolitan graduates go straight into mechanical engineering graduate jobs then clearly you're not intellectual enough to use this site. I recommend logging off and visiting 9gag.

And for the part you keep spamming in bold, I've already answered. Kill 2 birds with one stone. Look at the rankings where Liverpool has relatively poor ratings for mechanical engineering in ( aka all of them. I'm not even making this up) then look at what they used to assess the Unis. You can ignore international reputation.

I don't know why you're dragging this on. Every source agrees with me. Whatever the employment may be, as a faculty, mech eng is mediocre at Liverpool. There's no reason to go there when there's better options in better locations for lower grades and costs.

Original post by *Stefan*
Are you being serious or are you pretending not to understand?

Rankins do not measure how good a university is -

In this table, Greenwich is higher than LSE for economics.
http://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2015/may/25/university-league-tables-2016#S360

Are you going to say that it is better than LSE and LSE ranks low?

.... are you purposely being an idiot or are you trolling? Please learn to read. I have said said times that if it's just one ranking it may not be significant. But every single UK ranking? That's not a coincidence. Greenwich isn't above LSE in every ranking in the UK.

Mech eng at liverpool however, is ranked badly in every ranking in the UK. International ones too. Please learn to read

Original post by somethingbeautiful
Okay :thumbsup:. I'm just going to leave you to talk rubbish to someone who cares.

Or in other words "I realise that claiming Liverpool of all places was a nice location is stupid but I can't let go of my pride and admit I was wrong!"

It also have one of the worst crime rates in the UK. Js
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 63

.... are you purposely being an idiot or are you trolling? Please learn to read. I have said said times that if it's just one ranking it may not be significant. But every single UK ranking? That's not a coincidence. Greenwich isn't above LSE in every ranking in the UK.

Mech eng at liverpool however, is ranked badly in every ranking in the UK. International ones too. Please learn to read

Ah, these knee-jerk reactions are hilarious. The only idiot here is you.

You linked the Guardian table to supposedly support your idiocy, thinking it will do you favours.

Okay then, let's play your game:
Another table -
http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Mechanical+Engineering

12- Herriot Watt
21- Swansea
26- UCL

Realise what an ignorant idiot you are now? Stop making a fool of yourself.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm frankly amazed how someone can argue for so long about something they have no idea about. That takes a very certain type of stubbornness to achieve.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The.Statistic.You.Posted.Doesn't.Look.At.Relevant.Sectors.

I don't know how many times i have to say it. The 90% or w.e you said about liverpool and 80% at Manchester met is employment everywhere. There may be a more detailed statistic somewhere, true. But the amount that go into graduate roles at Liverpool is NOT that high. It's not 90%. Please stop lying to everyone by posting this statistic. It's not 90% at any Uni in england.

And i now know there's no point of attempting to take you seriously. You don't need engineer in the title for it to be relevant. Where the hell did you get that from?

If you need me to explain to you why it doesn't take a simpleton to realise 80% of manchester ****ing metropolitan graduates go straight into mechanical engineering graduate jobs then clearly you're not intellectual enough to use this site. I recommend logging off and visiting 9gag.

And for the part you keep spamming in bold, I've already answered. Kill 2 birds with one stone. Look at the rankings where Liverpool has relatively poor ratings for mechanical engineering in ( aka all of them. I'm not even making this up) then look at what they used to assess the Unis. You can ignore international reputation.

I don't know why you're dragging this on. Every source agrees with me. Whatever the employment may be, as a faculty, mech eng is mediocre at Liverpool. There's no reason to go there when there's better options in better locations for lower grades and costs.

Did you just use a random word generator for this reply or do you seriously think that it is a valid response to ... well ... anything?

I even gave you fairly explicit instructions into how to use Unistats to get a breakdown of the types of employment that graduates go into. Okay, you're not interested in what the stats say because you have an irrational dislike of a certain university's department in an area that you do not study or work in, fine, but at least click on the button I told you to.
Ah, these knee-jerk reactions are hilarious. The only idiot here is you.

You linked the Guardian table to supposedly support your idiocy, thinking it will do you favours.

Okay then, let's play your game:
Another table -
http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Mechanical+Engineering

12- Herriot Watt
21- Swansea
26- UCL

Realise what an ignorant idiot you are now? Stop making a fool of yourself.

Not at all. Engineering is UCLs worst department. Just browse the engineering subforum on TSR if you don't believe me. You've only made yourself look even more retarded.

And for the 5th time, thatwas just an example. Every ranking agrees liverpool is relatively poor for engineering. Stop being assblasted. I can only assume you attend Liverpool Uni. There's no other reason you'd be this butthurt.

Don't argue with me. Go and email literally every ranking in the UK which claimed the course was poor.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Smack

Lmfao. It seems like you're the one who didn't click the button since it agrees with me. 55% got jobs in the relevant engineering field. Not the big 90% advertised on the main unistat page.

What a suprise, I was right. The original stat is inflated as it shows all types of jobs.
Lmfao. It seems like you're the one who didn't click the button since it agrees with me. 55% got jobs in the relevant engineering field. Not the big 90% advertised on the main unistat page.

What a suprise, I was right. The original stat is inflated as it shows all types of jobs.

No, you are still completely wrong. I said Liverpool MEng mechanical engineering graduates had a 100% employment/further study record (not 90% - read posts harder pls), of which 90% became engineering professionals. I quoted these figures from Unistats.
Original post by Smack
No, you are still completely wrong. I said Liverpool MEng mechanical engineering graduates had a 100% employment/further study record (not 90% - read posts harder pls), of which 90% became engineering professionals. I quoted these figures from Unistats.

I think we should just leave him now.. The delusion has reached an upper bound limit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Not at all. Engineering is UCLs worst department. Just browse the engineering subforum on TSR if you don't believe me. You've only made yourself look even more retarded.

And for the 5th time, thatwas just an example. Every ranking agrees liverpool is relatively poor for engineering. Stop being assblasted. I can only assume you attend Liverpool Uni. There's no other reason you'd be this butthurt.

Don't argue with me. Go and email literally every ranking in the UK which claimed the course was poor.

So, Swansea is better than UCL, even for engineering?

Why am I even wasting my time - when someone relies on rankings, it's obvious they don't know crap about universities, let alone employers. Go study for your GCSEs instead.

And no, I do not go to Liverpool - it's just your ignorance is astounding.
Original post by Smack

I've literaly looked it up and seen that none of what you've said is true. Why do you continue to force this? And why are still arguing with me about this?

I never card about what the employment is. I simply mentioned how Liverpool mech eng is poorly ranked in every ranking. Both internationally and nationally. It seems to have gotten quite a few people butthurt. Go and argue with the websites then. Doesn't change the fact that Mech eng and the uni is mediocre.
So, Swansea is better than UCL, even for engineering?

Why am I even wasting my time - when someone relies on rankings, it's obvious they don't know crap about universities, let alone employers. Go study for your GCSEs instead.

And no, I do not go to Liverpool - it's just your ignorance is astounding.

Yes. Second time I've linked this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3681013

And that's just one student. Look up student satisfaction for engineering at UCL.

And this is something I can tell you first hand, the only good engineering branch in UCL is civil. The rest are done poorly. For every other course, especially the humanities, UCL is excellent and lives up to its reputation. For mech and chem it's mediocre (a bit like Liverpool)

Please stop arguing with me about things you know nothing about.

And you don't need to lie about not attending Liverpool. There's no other reason anyone would defend such an average course this much. You're not fooling anyone
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 73
Yes. Second time I've linked this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3681013

And this is something I can tell you first hand, the only good engineering branch in UCL is civil. The rest are done poorly. For every other course, especially humanities, UCL is excellent and lives up to its reputation.

Please stop arguing with me about things you know nothing about

Ah you poor thing... why am I even bothering.

I'm done here.
Reply 74
my mum got a third because she was pregnant with me at the time and suffered from morning sickness. She did alright has a good career in management don't give up. After the first round of employment people tend to look at the work done rather than your grades. My mum is a highly intelligent woman and a good leader. Just go for it.
Original post by A$aprocky
I dont think macdonalds would hire you, they need at least a 2:2

From Liverpool? If you believe everything that's been said recently, you'll have to do better than that.
Original post by Princepieman
I think we should just leave him now.. The delusion has reached an upper bound limit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It only takes a second, and it's not really about him (assuming it's a he), but about some of the "advice" the OP is being given.

I've literaly looked it up and seen that none of what you've said is true. Why do you continue to force this? And why are still arguing with me about this?

https://unistats.direct.gov.uk/Subjects/Overview/10006842FT-MENG_MEEN/ReturnTo/Search
Ah you poor thing... why am I even bothering.

I'm done here.

It's ironic because you're the one justifying your point with rankings now. I've said this time and time again. A good uni doesn't mean every course in the said uni is good. Another example is aerospace engineering at bath. Good uni. But you don't even learn about anything directly plane related until 3rd year. There are quite a few unis worse than bath overall yet better than Bath at aerospace. Mech Eng at Liverpool and Chemical engineering at UCL are also victims of this.

One day (maybe once you've finished your GCSE's) you'll wrap your head around this.

I've pointed out that it doesn't specify where the jobs are too many times to take you seriously and continue replying. You're clearly not capable of asking what the information you're provided with means. Must be why you seem to think 80% of manchester metropolitan graduates go straight into mechanical engineering graduate roles.

I'm done here lmao
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 78
It's ironic because you're the one justifying your point with rankings now. I've said this time and time again. A good uni doesn't mean every course in the said uni is good. Another example is aerospace engineering at bath. Good uni. But you don't even learn about anything directly plane related until 3rd year. There are quite a few unis worse than bath overall yet better than Bath at aerospace. Mech Eng at Liverpool and Chemical engineering at UCL are victims of this.

One day (maybe once you've finished your GCSE's) you'll wrap your head around this.

Peace.

Okay, seriously. This is just painful to read and ignore.

I'm using rankings to justify how crap rankings are, not how reliable they are (which is what you do).

The reason UCL is so down low is because of "student satisfaction" - do you know what a load of crap this is? Of course you wouldn't.

The fact that Mech Eng isn't the best at UCL doesn't mean it's worse than Swansea or Surrey or whatever. This logic is that of an 8 year old.

I did not say Liverpool is good or not for Mech Eng - I just pointed out how stupid it is to use the Guardian tables. I mean the GUARDIAN tables, which even placed Surrey above Imperial for Maths.

So please, do refrain from advising people on matters you are not even closely familiar with.
I've pointed out that it doesn't specify where the jobs are too many times to take you seriously and continue replying. You're clearly not capable of asking what the information you're provided with means. Must be why you seem to think 80% of manchester metropolitan graduates go straight into mechanical engineering graduate roles.

I'm done here lmao

As I have already said, you can click on the "more on employment and accreditation" button for a breakdown. I have no idea why you are finding this difficult.

https://unistats.direct.gov.uk/subjects/employment/10006842FT-MENG_MEEN

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending