The Student Room Group

White Privilege

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wdkmwd

And yes I've heard of Mombasa, and no it's not even remotely a major country.

You can't hold a candle to my education.

I think the point he was making is that Mombasa isn't a country.:rolleyes:
Reply 81
Original post by loveleest
I was talking about white privilege in regrades to white policeman shooting down unarmed blacks for no reason... I don't know why you felt it was necessary to type all of that.

Just because a person is unarmed doesn't mean they aren't criminals you moron.

Do you even know basic law?

If a person shoots another person and tosses his weapon into the gutters and he's later killed by police would you say the killing was unjustified because he was unarmed?
Original post by Mathemagicien
That surprises me - source?

There was the October 2015 bombing and the March 2016 one, no record of any other successful terrorist attacks there over the past year.
Original post by wdkmwd
I'm not supporting the murder of the little kid, but why would a 12 year old kid be playing with a toy gun?

And why didn't he listen to the officers when they told him to drop the weapon and get on the floor.

How were the officers supposed to tell the difference?

You are really problematic and disgusting. He is a ****ing little kid. I see plenty of little kids playing with toy guns, big deal.

I can't believe you said that to justify your shitty argument, you sound embarrassing.
????? Drop what weapon It was a ****ing toy gun you moron.
Get on the floor for what? he did nothing wrong. Maybe the racist police cops should have investing the 'crime' scene attentively before shooting down a 12 year old innocent black boy.
Original post by NeoconZionist
Paris terrorist attacks in the past year and a half = 2

Turkey terrorist attacks in the past year and a half = 11

I said Ankara, not Turkey as a whole. You should be able to tell the difference.
Reply 85
Original post by WBZ144
The caller could have been anyone. Is it really that easy to get a kid shot by the police in America? Are you in your right mind to say that shooting a child to kill is justified based on a phone call?

These justifications just prove what the OP has been trying to say.

The officers were told there was a gun would you wait until shorts are fired if it was your life on the line? I wouldn't.

How does this prove white privilege? if I was a police officer and responded to a report of a gun I would shoot of there was even a hint of movement towards me no matter what the race of the boy was.
more like black privilege these days lol
Original post by wdkmwd
Just because a person is unarmed doesn't mean they aren't criminals you moron.

Do you even know basic law?

If a person shoots another person and tosses his weapon into the gutters and he's later killed by police would you say the killing was unjustified because he was unarmed?

wow, your ignorance is disturbing me.
They are unarmed, scrolling down in the middle of the streets and then a police shoots them and you are trying to justify that?
Even if they are criminals, they shouldn't have been shot, I don't believe in the death penalty.

You are clearly a racist so I have no idea why I am continuing a conversation with you.
Original post by wdkmwd
I'm not supporting the murder of the little kid, but why would a 12 year old kid be playing with a toy gun?

And why didn't he listen to the officers when they told him to drop the weapon and get on the floor.

How were the officers supposed to tell the difference?

i commend you for hurting the feelings of many special snowflakes on this thread

they do not like logic :frown:
Reply 89
Original post by WBZ144
:lol: that coming from someone who can't tell non-Western countries apart!

1 year could mean any year, I chose last year. That does not change the fact that these cities are generally peaceful and stable. The so-called War on Terror hardly affected Turkey at all.

Sure, Kenyans would not consider their second largest city to be a major city at all. I hope you are trolling, because it's sad to think that someone could really be this clueless.

You have to be a complete dullard to think that Turkey and Lebanon's main cities are "generally peaceful and stable"

I could right now pull out articles that provide lists of terrorist attacks in both these "generally peaceful cities"

Infact i will.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_attacks_in_Lebanon

https://www.worldnomads.com/travel-safety/turkey/the-threat-of-terrorism-in-turkey

"generally peaceful cities"

Yeah right
Original post by JamesN88
I think the point he was making is that Mombasa isn't a country.:rolleyes:

No one but him called it a country.
Reply 91
Original post by loveleest
wow, your ignorance is disturbing me.
They are unarmed, scrolling down in the middle of the streets and then a police shoots them and you are trying to justify that?
Even if they are criminals, they shouldn't have been shot, I don't believe in the death penalty.

You are clearly a racist so I have no idea why I am continuing a conversation with you.

How is that racist? Race isn't mentioned.
Original post by joecphillips
How is that racist? Race isn't mentioned.

He is trying to justify shooting a 12 year old unarmed black boy.
Original post by wdkmwd
You have to be a complete dullard to think that Turkey and Lebanon's main cities are "generally peaceful and stable"

I could right now pull out articles that provide lists of terrorist attacks in both these "generally peaceful cities"

Infact i will.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_attacks_in_Lebanon

https://www.worldnomads.com/travel-safety/turkey/the-threat-of-terrorism-in-turkey

"generally peaceful cities"

Yeah right

I specified two cities, not the countries as a whole and not their history. It's not my fault that you cannot tell the difference between a city and a country. That's like saying that New York is not a peaceful and stable city because of all the mass shootings in America.
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi
I think white privilege definitely exists, especially in Western societies, because white people are nearly never excluded, murdered, or treated badly, (etc, etc) because of the mere fact that they are white. I don't think anyone can deny that racism exists. White people are privileged by seldom being the target of racism.
Reply 95
Original post by WBZ144
I specified two cities, not the countries as a whole and not their history. It's not my fault that you cannot tell the difference between a city and a country. That's like saying that New York is not a peaceful and stable city because of all the mass shootings in America.

A simple Ctrl + F on the Lebanon article will point you out to ver 30 attacks in Beirut alone.

The "generally peaceful city" you were ignorantly praising.
Is it not majority privilege as opposed to White privilege? Can't see many White Zimbabweans thinking they're particularly privileged.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Fair enough; its usual to want to discuss differing opinions in order to get a better understanding - but I respect you backing out, rather than drawing/getting drawn into a long discussion. TSR is full of people too willing to take disagreements to dozens of pages.

I do wonder though why you respond to others and not me?

Yeah, I know but I think it has to be a agree to disagree. I didn't respond merely because I am already with 3 other arguments with guys who disagree with me and I didn't want you to be the 4th one.

I didn't agree with what you said, but I couldn't be bothered to explain...
That's the simplest way I can put it.
Even if we obliterated "White Privilege" out the face of the earth, there will still be other kinds of "Privileges" that we would need to destroy before life could be considered as fair.

Let's use a straight white male with good grades, a black lesbian with better grades and a white male employer.

First we destroy white privilege, the white male still might get employed over the black female due to male privilege. Now, we destroy male privilege, the white male may still get employed over the black female due to their sexual preference.

What I'm trying to say is, if one type of privilege has to be destroyed, then all other forms of privileges must be as well. You can't say that one privilege is bring you down while denying the others that are bringing you up.

Do I be sole white privilege exists? Yes, but that's mainly due to people's preferences and assumptions on life.
(edited 8 years ago)
I think it exists but probably more in the US than here

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending