The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nisha.sri
You've started doing past papers?? I haven't even started :colondollar: Well that is a lie i did some at school for biology and maths :smile: Lol .. leaving the past papers till Easter half term :smile:

I've been doing odd ones here and there, but I am going to try and fully commit to them tomorrow and from then on. There is no rush for you to do them though, if you want to wait until Easter then that is fine and don't panic :smile:
Original post by Thomb
Those are ridiculous grades any tips on how to improve my maths, please. :colondollar:

The best way is past papers and do every kind of question you can find. Even do them from different exam boards because the only difference between them is the layout but the topics are the same. If you need help let me know :smile: and good luck
Original post by brainzistheword
Don't apologise :smile: I couldn't agree with you more.

And it's not necessarily about just getting through GCSE but if you want to go to college then it is probably better to start developing good habits and techniques now whilst you have time to experiment. But I guess it is up to the individual and everyone learns differently and prefers to do things in different ways. :smile:

That is very true :smile:
I've been doing odd ones here and there, but I am going to try and fully commit to them tomorrow and from then on. There is no rush for you to do them though, if you want to wait until Easter then that is fine and don't panic :smile:

Ok :smile: so what are you planning to do during the easter :smile:
Reply 744
The best way is past papers and do every kind of question you can find. Even do them from different exam boards because the only difference between them is the layout but the topics are the same. If you need help let me know :smile: and good luck

I only got a C at gcse and found maths a level really hard so I dropped it now I do art history and can't do architecture at uni. I would love to do architecture but need maths. Should I start with gcse maths or try and do a level again so I can do architecture?
Well done and good luck for your exams - how do you manage your time at the moment for revision (as in, before the holidays approach)?

And is 'fluking' exams the best idea? Wouldn't it be better to have a sound understanding of everything so you can apply the knowledge to various istuations, rather than just wait and see? :smile:

Maybe my definition of a fluke is quite different. When I say fluke, I mean only revising for a day or two. Maybe a couple of hours for English because I'm quite good at it and have gotten straight A stars without much effort. At the moment I'm working on my French coursework because that's 60 percent of the course itself and I'm on course for an A star.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok :smile: so what are you planning to do during the easter :smile:

I plan to do as many past papers and notes as possible so that I know the majority of the content, that way I will have less to do on the night before the exams. I particularly want to concentrate on the essay based subjects like Enlgish, Geography and History :smile:
Lol no but cool :smile:

Lol no? What does that mean? Sorry I don't know what you mean by that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Thomb
I only got a C at gcse and found maths a level really hard so I dropped it now I do art history and can't do architecture at uni. I would love to do architecture but need maths. Should I start with gcse maths or try and do a level again so I can do architecture?

Personally I'd say try A-level again, as you have already passed GCSE at grade C. If you re-took it you would be doing that and A-level on top, so it may just be better to go into A-level, provided you are allowed to. It may be wise to start trying some GCSE papers again just to refresh yourself and rebuild the gap you may have developed.

(However, I'm only at GCSE so I don't really know what the gap is like from GCSE to A-level)
That is true about the fluking thing :smile: I mean maybe he is really like immensly clever or good at those subjects but why not just revise :smile:
For example : I recently did a Maths Exam got an A* and was my real exam for gcse but we are doing another one in June and I felt like i didnt need to revise until someone told me that i can get a better grade and the more good grades you get the better :smile:

sorry for interrupting i just had to say :smile: Lol

Don't worry folks. I have been revising but not that much. I'm seriously getting my head down now. Thanks for the help and kick up the backside.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Maybe my definition of a fluke is quite different. When I say fluke, I mean only revising for a day or two. Maybe a couple of hours for English because I'm quite good at it and have gotten straight A stars without much effort. At the moment I'm working on my French coursework because that's 60 percent of the course itself and I'm on course for an A star.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok fair enough I see what you mean. I struggle revising for English, as it is something I have to do at that moment, and can't really prepare for.

Good luck :smile:
I plan to do as many past papers and notes as possible so that I know the majority of the content, that way I will have less to do on the night before the exams. I particularly want to concentrate on the essay based subjects like Enlgish, Geography and History :smile:

Oh Ok :smile: Hope you get them all done Zoe x
Don't worry folks. I have been revising but not that much. I'm seriously getting my head down now. Thanks for the help and kick up the backside.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol :smile:
Reply 753
Personally I'd say try A-level again, as you have already passed GCSE at grade C. If you re-took it you would be doing that and A-level on top, so it may just be better to go into A-level, provided you are allowed to. It may be wise to start trying some GCSE papers again just to refresh yourself and rebuild the gap you may have developed.

(However, I'm only at GCSE so I don't really know what the gap is like from GCSE to A-level)

The gap is quite big at a level I did factorising to begin with and I enjoyed factorising at gcse but at a level it was with surds which I found really difficult. Thanks for the advice and good luck with your gcse. Do you know what you'd like to study at university?
Lol no? What does that mean? Sorry I don't know what you mean by that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha dont you worry :smile:
Lol :smile:

Woah. Are you mocking me ? 😰😰 Come on. Please don't do that.👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooh got an A* for my french Controlled assessment :smile:

Man. I actually feel like I'm getting bullied. Is this what cyber bullying feels like? I hope no one experiences this. I salute everyone that has been bullied online and has lived to tell the story.💂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Man. I actually feel like I'm getting bullied. Is this what cyber bullying feels like? I hope no one experiences this. I salute everyone that has been bullied online and has lived to tell the story.💂

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am not doing anything though
Sorry if i hurt your feelings dont worry i was born in france so i am a fluent speaker sorry :frown:
Woah. Are you mocking me ? 😰😰 Come on. Please don't do that.👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not mocking anyone to be honest i dont like mocking others. Maybe you misunderstood me :smile: it was meant to be anything rude i am sorry . I apologise :smile: I deleted the post because i think it hurt you :smile:
I didnt mean to show off i was just mean to tell you :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
I am not doing anything though
Sorry if i hurt your feelings dont worry i was born in france so i am a fluent speaker sorry :frown:

Nah. It's ok. I've always been told by my Mother that I'm a bit too sensitive. 😳😳😳

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending