The Student Room Group

White Privilege

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NeoconZionist
You're trying to convey the idea that Turkey is somehow equal to France in terms of the liklihood of terrorism.

It's like taking some small town in the UK and comparing it to a small town in Syria which hasn't been affected by the war - whilst both towns have had no terror incidents, it doesn't hide the fact that one country is more dangerous than the other.

Neither are small towns so that point is moot. I was comparing two cities and said nothing about terrorism in both countries as a whole. But it seems that two people on this thread cannot diffrentiate between the two.

Like I said it's like saying that a terrorist attack in the New York would go unnoticed due to all of the mass shootings that happen in the USA. We all know that this is not the case.
Reply 121
Original post by WBZ144
Straw man arguments, as this is unrelated to policemen abusing their position.

You don't know what a straw-man argument is.

At-least 3 innocent police officers were killed for no reason during the up-rising in Baltimore, why don't you care about them?
Original post by wdkmwd
I'm not saying I'm black to convey another point. I'm black because I am.

Just because I use my mind to reason and not CNN doesn't mean I'm not black.

And I've already dropped all my arguments in previous threads, if you scroll back you'll see them.

I'm still waiting for the reply from the deluded girl that said Beirut is a "generally peaceful city" LOOL.

What ignorance

Ok fine, but the purpose of an argument is to put forward your opinion and persuade others to believe in you. By being patronising, ignorant and plain rude wont achieve anything on your part and make the other person seem more intelligent and valid.
Making comments like 'read a book' but then copy bits of Wikipedia makes you seem like the idiot. White privilege can have many meanings and interpretations such as 'going through life without having your race being an obstacle', which is far more generic and more true. Don't dismiss others points just because you quickly searched 'white privilege' on Wikipedia and then constructed an argument.
>white privilege
>in predominantly white countries

If I went to Africa or Turkey, would I still be privileged?
No, it's more likely my skin colour would get me killed.

This anti-white rhetoric is embarrassing.
Original post by wdkmwd
Air- go the fact i said in a year.

Just because massive acts of terrorism took place 6,7 years ago and not as many now, doesn't mean that the city is "generally peaceful"

And a massive LMAO to you trying to equate petty gun crimes to actual wars and acts of terrorism in war torn countries.

It's like I'm conversing with a brick wall.

Do you know how many people those "petty gun crimes" have killed over the past decade? Perhaps your brain is unable to process body counts in order to comprehend that the gun violence in the US is actually a major problem.

If civil unrest which was the root cause of the violence within a city has calmed, putting an end to most attacks except for the occasional one then yes, a city is "generally peaceful".
Reply 125
Original post by A$aprocky
Ok fine, but the purpose of an argument is to put forward your opinion and persuade others to believe in you. By being patronising, ignorant and plain rude wont achieve anything on your part and make the other person seem more intelligent and valid.
Making comments like 'read a book' but then copy bits of Wikipedia makes you seem like the idiot. White privilege can have many meanings and interpretations such as 'going through life without having your race being an obstacle', which is far more generic and more true. Don't dismiss others points just because you quickly searched 'white privilege' on Wikipedia and then constructed an argument.

What's wrong with using an article from Wikipedia that clearly has a list of terrorist attacks that was directly related to my argument?

Hahaha, the hell are you talking about?

Please don't peddle that dribble about white people not having to go through life without having their race scrutinized, when MTV has a show called white privilege, social justice warriors bleeding down their necks every minute, pointless propaganda perpetuated by bought and payed for liberal outlets like CNN.

White people, black people, hispanic people, asian people are all in general victims of acts and forms of racism, the real truth is the news media picks and chooses which ones the people will react to the most.
Reply 126
Original post by WBZ144
Do you know how many people those "petty gun crimes" have killed over the past decade? Perhaps your brain is unable to process body counts in order to comprehend that the gun violence in the US is actually a major problem.

If civil unrest which was the root cause of the violence within a city has calmed, putting an end to most attacks except for the occasional one then yes, a city is "generally peaceful".

Weren't you the same person condemning me for providing statistics that traced down to last decade?

Now you are here, talking about gun violence tracing back to the past decade.

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

And please for the second time, don't talk about my brain. You can't hold a candle to my education, this thread is clear evidence of it.
Reply 127
Original post by NeoconZionist
This is a picture of the replica firearm I think we're all referring to.
If this was pointed at you, you would undoubtedly think it to be a real gun.

Yes, it's a shame Tamir Rice was shot. Doesn't change the fact that he had an almost perfect replica of a Colt 1911 and reached for it when police arrived.

"You are obviously a racist for thinking this."

Said the ignorant deluded black girl.
Original post by A$aprocky

This is someone who called Mombasa a country and cannot tell the difference between non-Western nations because they are all just "third world countries" in his eyes. Nothing more needs to be said.
Tall privilege exists.

Tall people get paid more, tall people live longer and aren't discriminated against in the way shorter people are. Do we tell tall people to feel bad about it?

Of course not. That is what this all is about. Just to further demonize White people to our deaths.

Give examples of what you believe to be proof of White privilege. If the same can be applied to other races then it kind of debunks the whole thing.
Original post by wdkmwd
Weren't you the same person condemning me for providing statistics that traced down to last decade?

Now you are here, talking about gun violence tracing back to the past decade.

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

And please for the second time, don't talk about my brain. You can't hold a candle to my education, this thread is clear evidence of it.

Over the past decade and last decade are not the same thing. Many of these gun attacks happened in the 2010s.
Reply 131
Original post by WBZ144
This is someone who called Mombasa a country and cannot tell the difference between non-Western nations because they are all just "third world countries" in his eyes. Nothing more needs to be said.

Where did I ever call Mombasa a country?

Or are you now using lies to justify your delusion because you don't have any decent points to your flawed thinking?
Reply 132
"Over the past decade and last decade are not the same thing."

Oh my God in heaven

:facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2:
Original post by mightybis0n
>white privilege
>in predominantly white countries

If I went to Africa or Turkey, would I still be privileged?
No, it's more likely my skin colour would get me killed.

This anti-white rhetoric is embarrassing.

Are you for real? Unless you are in Zimbabwe white skin is all but worshipped in most of these countries. Same goes for most of Asia and the Middle East. While I was living in the ME having a Westerner as a friend was something to be proud of, especially if they were White. So it still does exist.
Original post by wdkmwd

Oh my God in heaven

:facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2:

Now you know how I felt when you called Mombasa a country.

Over the past decade = 2006-present
Last decades = the 2000s
Reply 135
Original post by WBZ144
Are you for real? Unless you are in Zimbabwe white skin is all but worshipped in most of these countries. Same goes for most of Asia and the Middle East. While I was living in the ME having a Westerner as a friend was something to be proud of, especially if they were White. So it still does exist.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/02/africa/tunisia-terror-attack/
Original post by wdkmwd
Where did I ever call Mombasa a country?

Or are you now using lies to justify your delusion because you don't have any decent points to your flawed thinking?

You said that Mombasa was "not a major country", when in fact it's not a country at all.
Reply 137
Original post by WBZ144
Now you know how I felt when you called Mombasa a country.

Over the past decade = 2006-present
Last decades = the 2000s

I never said last decades

I said last DECADE. Without the 's'

Lying now, LOL.

You still haven't showed me where I called Mombasa a country dear.

I'm waiting.
Original post by WBZ144

You mean like in South Africa, where feral gangs hunted down and killed white people?

Even in the US dozens of black on white crimes go unreported. Have you seen the crime stats by race in America?

What you are doing is pre-judging someone to be a racist or somehow 'privileged' by their skin colour, and it's incredibly bigoted, offensive and problematic.
Original post by wdkmwd

Oh my God in heaven

LOOOOL YOU ABSOLUTE MORON

Its not the same thing, past decade implies last 10 years whereas last 10 years is the last nominal decade i.e. 2000-2009

You've embarrassed yourself enough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending