The Student Room Group

Girl I'm talking to online won't meet up with me

Hey so I matched with this girl on tinder last summer, and we started talking and then after a while we got each others Facebook, we talk on there almost everyday, things go well we got each other snapchats and talk on there too, says im funny etc, but whenever I ask to meet up with her she says she's busy, or she cancels last minute and will never meet me. But we've been talking for like 8 months quite a lot and I don't see why she wouldn't want to meet me? We have such common interests, and she says i make her laugh a lot. But I've asked her 10+ times for us to meet up, the first time she said yes but cancelled last minute, from then onwards she always says she's busy or has to study etc..

I now feel like I'm pestering her to meet me so I've stopped asking as much but how can I get her to meet me?

We live so close as well, like a 20 minute walk.

Any advice please
She clearly doesn't want YOU.

If you want a good relationship both you need to want one another. I imagine she gets a lot ranting to you and speaking to you whenever she whims but I doubt she ever will want to meet you.

In the event that she does you may find she's extremely insecure, highly unpredictable and generally everything you don't want in a girlfriend. I recommend moving onto other dating prospects, keep her as an online friend. And perhaps make such obvious - tell her you're off out on a date with another lady. See how she reacts.
catfish.com
Reply 3
Original post by TorpidPhil

If you want a good relationship both you need to want one another. I imagine she gets a lot ranting to you and speaking to you whenever she whims but I doubt she ever will want to meet you.

In the event that she does you may find she's extremely insecure, highly unpredictable and generally everything you don't want in a girlfriend. I recommend moving onto other dating prospects, keep her as an online friend. And perhaps make such obvious - tell her you're off out on a date with another lady. See how she reacts.

The games we play. Because they work.
Reply 4
Catfish
Original post by whorace
The games we play. Because they work.

Yes man. It's true.

P.S I find myself repping you nearly daily. I hope you aren't just repping me for the sake of it. I'm not one too keen on circle-jerking kinds of behaviour.
Please move on asap. I was in the girl's position 2 years ago and no matter what her reason is if she won't meet up with you when you've directly asked THAT many times then leave the bubble you've created with her. I was an insecure brat and a guy became infatuated with me, we were an hour train journey away and I wouldn't even skype him. There's no hope in hanging on to her and as hard as it will be you'll be better off blocking her completely. Don't drag out the heartbreak - (whether it's platonic or not you're still attached.)
As above, she could be hiding something, perhaps she's a catfish. Or she just isn't that into you. If you live that close there is honestly no reason to have not met yet. Move on.
Reply 8
Original post by TorpidPhil

Thanks for the advice - I guess you're right, and ok sure, I will send her a snapchat of me and another girl and see if she says anything.

Original post by insert-username
catfish.com

haha could be but we've sent a lot of snapchats and she is really hot imo plus her instagram you can see bikini pics and she has a great body

Original post by Onion Ring
Please move on asap. I was in the girl's position 2 years ago and no matter what her reason is if she won't meet up with you when you've directly asked THAT many times then leave the bubble you've created with her. I was an insecure brat and a guy became infatuated with me, we were an hour train journey away and I wouldn't even skype him. There's no hope in hanging on to her and as hard as it will be you'll be better off blocking her completely. Don't drag out the heartbreak - (whether it's platonic or not you're still attached.)

Oh I see - why wouldn't you skype him, you was too nervous?
Thanks for the advice - you're most likely right.

Just annoying as I felt we get along so well - like whenever I say we should meet up shes like yeah we should so then I say are you free this week/end for a drink she says no shes busy, so ill ask again the week after like do you wanna go see a movie and shell say yeah sure then ill be like this week? - as you expect "busy" no one can be that busy for gods sake

we're currently speaking atm, but she usually goes bed around 11 so hasn't replied to my lasted message
Reply 9
Original post by Precious Illusions
As above, she could be hiding something, perhaps she's a catfish. Or she just isn't that into you. If you live that close there is honestly no reason to have not met yet. Move on.

Yeah I don't understand why she wouldnt want to - its annoying.

Defo not a cat fish so I take it she just isn't into me
Reply 10
Dograbbit
Original post by Anonymous

Oh I see - why wouldn't you skype him, you was too nervous?
Thanks for the advice - you're most likely right.

Just annoying as I felt we get along so well - like whenever I say we should meet up shes like yeah we should so then I say are you free this week/end for a drink she says no shes busy, so ill ask again the week after like do you wanna go see a movie and shell say yeah sure then ill be like this week? - as you expect "busy" no one can be that busy for gods sake

we're currently speaking atm, but she usually goes bed around 11 so hasn't replied to my lasted message

Hmm given you said about the instagram pics it sounds like maybe she gets very lonely and likes having someone there if she needs them 24/7. I don't think insecurity would come into play if she was posting bikini pics, she at least has confidence. Either way if she's not willing to meet up then you're not on the same page and you should definitely try n ease yourself away from her. I don't think sending snapchats of other girls will do much good, but then if you do have these girls available why are you spending time talking that online nut?
Reply 12
Offer to take her to Bethlehem.
Original post by whorace
Dograbbit

:rofl:
Original post by Anonymous
Hey so I matched with this girl on tinder last summer, and we started talking and then after a while we got each others Facebook, we talk on there almost everyday, things go well we got each other snapchats and talk on there too, says im funny etc, but whenever I ask to meet up with her she says she's busy, or she cancels last minute and will never meet me. But we've been talking for like 8 months quite a lot and I don't see why she wouldn't want to meet me? We have such common interests, and she says i make her laugh a lot. But I've asked her 10+ times for us to meet up, the first time she said yes but cancelled last minute, from then onwards she always says she's busy or has to study etc..

I now feel like I'm pestering her to meet me so I've stopped asking as much but how can I get her to meet me?

We live so close as well, like a 20 minute walk.

Any advice please

I don't think she is interested in you if she can't be bothered to meet up and it's been 8 months now.
She might be dating other matches?

Also chatting every day is a bit too much you haven't given her a chance to think of you or miss you.

Although I have chatted to this guy we both were flirty but I had no interest in meeting him as he seemed like a creep so I ended up ignoring his messages until he sent me 5 one morning asking where I was and when I replied to him he would turn things sexual so I ended up blocking him.
8 months??? With online dating a person doesn't exist until you meet them in real life. Have a bit more self respect and cut contact with people who are going to waste your time.
I'm in a similar situation but not as long as what you've dealt with 8 months is a long time. I've been talking to this girl met her on tinder, we exchange numbers etc and we talked just that normal stuff. However, I've tried to set up a meet up for twice already and she would cancel on the day of the meet up. I think after my vacation I'll ask her what she really wants out of this or if she's even interest in me. Every time when she cancels on me like that it really makes me feel like crap and I'm feeling like a loser for the whole night. it sucks..
Just cut the cord, man. Ask her if she wanna meet you. If she denies it, let go. She's keeping you as a "nice" guy so she doesn't feel like she's a waste. Block her and move on.

Latest