The Student Room Group

White Privilege

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Meh I'm out.
Reply 201
Original post by NeoconZionist
How is one supposed to gather accurate statistics on the number of people planning acts of terrorism?

It's not like they're just going to answer a YouGov survey saying "Yes, I am currently planning a terror attack in a Western country"

She probably thinks terrorists are as stupid as her and the A$AP guy.
Reply 202
Original post by WBZ144
So you don't have an actual percentage of active terrorists in the Middle East in relation to the average citizen. You should have said so before, would have saved us all lots of time.

I'm bored now.

Later.
Original post by NeoconZionist
How is one supposed to gather accurate statistics on the number of people planning acts of terrorism?

It's not like they're just going to answer a YouGov survey saying "Yes, I am currently planning a terror attack in a Western country"

If he can't get the stats then he should not be using the "millions are trying to kill us" argument to try and prove that most people in the ME hate White people.
Original post by mightybis0n
A multiracial society which no one voted for, and many wanting nothing to do with one.

White people DO own many European countries, although the grip is slipping by the year. What is wrong with wanting a majority white country? Do you lobby Japan (which is over 98% indigenous) for not being 'diverse' enough?

Define what you mean by privilege. Unless it's a buzzword for anti-white dialogue, which is what many black people and SJWs have latched on to.

I don't think it matters what anyone wants in that regard. It's just the way things have come to be. For example, I'm sure that the indigenous peoples of the Americas didn't vote for or want (what used to be) their lands and communities to be intruded upon by Caucasians.

I would think that the problem of wanting a white majority country is the mindset of perceiving a certain group of people as more valuable than another, solely because of race... Skin colour rather than other, more important human qualities. Personally, I don't think that racial diversity is bad, or undesirable in a country.

I am not lobbying any countries for not being diverse, but simply stating that white privilege exists in multiracial countries.

By privilege, I mean the large likelihood of having the advantage of being able to live a life without facing prejudice of any kind that is caused by your race.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by bottlemilk
I don't think it matters what anyone wants in that regard. It's just the way things have come to be. For example, I'm sure that the indigenous peoples of the Americas didn't vote for or want (what used to be) their lands and communities to be intruded upon by Caucasians.

I would think that the problem of wanting a white majority country is the mindset of perceiving a certain group of people as more valuable than another, solely because of race... Skin colour rather than other, more important human qualities. Personally, I don't think that racial diversity is bad, or undesirable in a country.

I am not lobbying any countries for not being diverse, but simply stating that white privilege exists in multiracial countries.

By privilege, I mean the large likelihood of having the advantage of being able to live a life without facing prejudice of any kind that is caused by your race.

So no race is privileged? You can't get away from prejudice.

Why does it have to be this way though? Shouldn't whites get a say on who should come into THEIR country?

As liberals like to point out, then was a different time. Strong>weak. What would have happened if the colonials hadn't arrived? That the indigenous population would advance at the pace the colonials did? Incredibly unlikely.

No, it would be based on pride in their fellow countrymen. In the UK other races do not integrate and immerse themselves in their own cultures, all apart. They do not mix, they do not treat each other the way countrymen should.

That's not a definition in the slightest. If you mean more likely to be associated with crime, there's a valid reason for that. 13% of the US population is black, yet they commit over 50% of the violent crime.

http://www.amren.com/news/2015/07/new-doj-statistics-on-race-and-violent-crime/
Original post by wdkmwd
I'm bored now.

Later.

Please dont come to the UK, we have too many idiots like you.
Reply 208
Original post by A$aprocky
Please dont come to the UK, we have too many idiots like you.

I'm already in the UK you retard.
Original post by wdkmwd
I'm already in the UK you retard.

Then go back to Nigeria.
White privilege, does it exist or does it not exist? That is the question.

To an extent sure. I think there are a few privileges that comes being white but it all depends on the nation, area, and people.
Original post by wdkmwd
Yup, those white homeless, jobless people on the dole in the streets certainly are enjoying their white privilege aren't they?

facepalm.jpg
Reply 212
Original post by A$aprocky
Then go back to Nigeria.

Not even from Nigeria.

Try again bro hahahaha.
Why does it have to be this way though? Shouldn't whites get a say on who should come into THEIR country?As liberals like to point out, then was a different time. Strong>weak. What would have happened if the colonials hadn't arrived? That the indigenous population would advance at the pace the colonials did? Incredibly unlikely.No, it would be based on pride in their fellow countrymen. In the UK other races do not integrate and immerse themselves in their own cultures, all apart. They do not mix, they do not treat each other the way countrymen should.That's not a definition in the slightest. If you mean more likely to be associated with crime, there's a valid reason for that. 13% of the US population is black, yet they commit over 50% of the violent crime.http://www.amren.com/news/2015/07/new-doj-statistics-on-race-and-violent-crime/

I am a person of colour born into a "white country". I speak fluent English, go to university, and have a job. I am an integrated and functional member of my society. I also feel pride in my country, and fellow countrymen, regardless of their (or my own) race. However, I still get called racial slurs --which doesn't seem like a big deal, but whites wouldn't have to deal with this because of the race they were born with. It isn't as if a white person did any sort of difficult or special task to be born white, and in this way, it is a privilege.
I never asked to be a person of colour, but I am.
Do you think that I should go back to the country of origin of my ancestors and learn their languages, culture, and ways of life instead of staying here?
I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge on this subject, but I know that I sure as hell am not privileged for being Asian -- and that you are privileged for being white.
(edited 8 years ago)
I am a person of colour born into a "white country". I speak fluent English, go to university, and have a job. I am an integrated and functional member of my society. I also feel pride in my country, and fellow countrymen, regardless of their (or my own) race. However, I still get called racial slurs --which doesn't seem like a big deal, but whites wouldn't have to deal with this because of the race they were born with. It isn't as if a white person did any sort of difficult or special task to be born white, and in this way, it is a privilege.
I never asked to be a person of colour, but I am.
Do you think that I should go back to the country of origin of my ancestors and learn their languages, culture, and ways of life instead of staying here?
I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge on this subject, but I know that I sure as hell am not privileged for being Asian -- and that you are privileged for being white.

No need for quotes around 'white country'. The UK is a white country.

I am speaking generally, there will always be outliers. Any foreigner who works, pays tax and is not a criminal, I (and I imagine many UKIP/right-wing types) have no problem with it. At all.

Hate to break it to you, but white privilege doesn't exist. Am I supposed to go around with some kind of racial label or shame just for being white? No thanks.

There will always be racists who are ignorant, and if I went to Africa/Turkey I expect I would be the target of racial slurs as well. Doesn't make it okay, but that's life.
I once had "YOU ENGLISH BASTARD!!!" screamed at me out of the window of a passing vehicle by a fellow white person(a Scotsman).

Should I have followed modern PC guidelines and reported him for xenophobic behavior?

I am speaking generally, there will always be outliers. Any foreigner who works, pays tax and is not a criminal, I (and I imagine many UKIP/right-wing types) have no problem with it. At all.

Hate to break it to you, but white privilege doesn't exist. Am I supposed to go around with some kind of racial label or shame just for being white? No thanks.

There will always be racists who are ignorant, and if I went to Africa/Turkey I expect I would be the target of racial slurs as well. Doesn't make it okay, but that's life.

Hehe, to be clear, I'm actually a citizen of Canada. I came across this site/thread while looking for time management tips...
Why does it have to be this way though? Shouldn't whites get a say on who should come into THEIR country?

As liberals like to point out, then was a different time. Strong>weak. What would have happened if the colonials hadn't arrived? That the indigenous population would advance at the pace the colonials did? Incredibly unlikely.

No, it would be based on pride in their fellow countrymen. In the UK other races do not integrate and immerse themselves in their own cultures, all apart. They do not mix, they do not treat each other the way countrymen should.

That's not a definition in the slightest. If you mean more likely to be associated with crime, there's a valid reason for that. 13% of the US population is black, yet they commit over 50% of the violent crime.

http://www.amren.com/news/2015/07/new-doj-statistics-on-race-and-violent-crime/

Brits integrate so well when they move to Spain, the UAE, and other countries where they like to refer to themselves as "expats" as opposed to migrants, which they really are. So well that they expect everyone to speak English, only hang around their fellow countrymen and are always expecting their lifestyle to be accommodated. Should those countries stop allowing arrogant Brits who refuse to integrate in?

Where in Africa? You do realise that Africa is an entire, diverse continent and not a country, so that it's ignorant to generalise a whole continent? And yes, of course you will be targetted! People hate Whites so much that women bleach their skin because they think it will look more beautiful. In the majority of African countries you can strut around like those gap year students who go over there working for so-called "charities" and thinking that they are the best thing that ever happened to the locals. No one gives them any grief. And what is your authority that Turks hate Whites?
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm from the Mediterranean area and I know that whites are not oppressed. I also know that white privilege exists but I have been oppressed by it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending