The Student Room Group

My friend go so drunk... Help!

The other day my friend who I met only 2/3 months ago when I started uni got so drunk and he overheard me whispering to my other friend that we should walk him back to his flat because he was falling everywhere. This pissed him off and he called me a 'dickhead', I told him I was sorry but he was having none of it and he started letting out his frustrations of everything that I've done wrong to him ever since I met him which really upset me cause I felt so bad after, it was so tense my other friend had to sit between us.

I spoke to him the next day and he didn't remember anything as he had such a bad hangover (I didn't bring it up to him). However, I feel so awkward whenever I'm with him now cause I can't stop thinking about it and I just feel like such a bad friend.

How do I stop feeling so awkward and overcome this problem? He seems fine with me but I just can't stop thinking about it and does him venting to me whilst he was drunk mean anything? :frown:
tell him the things he said to you while he was drunk, it'll be off your chest that way
Reply 2
Original post by alkaline.
tell him the things he said to you while he was drunk, it'll be off your chest that way

I was thinking of doing this but he's the type of friend who I'm not really that close too yet like most of our conversations are basic and minimal so if I told him the things he said it would make it so awkward between us but you do have a point.
Original post by Anonymous
I was thinking of doing this but he's the type of friend who I'm not really that close too yet like most of our conversations are basic and minimal so if I told him the things he said it would make it so awkward between us but you do have a point.

its already awkward, for you anyway (and he made it awkward/difficult by saying these things), may as well make it awks for him too or at least give him a chance to explain
Reply 4
Talk to him, but don't try to make him feel bad, tell him you'd like to talk about last night, explain what he said, maybe if there is any truth that he really feels that way you can talk about it and make things better. maybe say sorry to each other, you might have upset each other without knowing.

Don't become angry and don't fight fire with fire, talk to him calmly and with respect, he'll see you are trying and probably try to help back.
If you're a girl then he might fancy you or it's just the only way he can be open about himself by drinking.
If you're not close friends and your conversations keep to small talk, I'd recommend just stating out of his way and forgetting about it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending