The Student Room Group

Dundee Medicine 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by winterfell10
yeah i think i'll apply for either belmont or heathfield!

which is one is close to the medical school??
I'm lazy af :biggrin:
Original post by Junioh
which is one is close to the medical school??
I'm lazy af :biggrin:
i think its heathfield but they're right next to each other so there's barely any difference
Its the West Park flats that are exactly between the two locations

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redddddd
Its the West Park flats that are exactly between the two locations

Posted from TSR Mobile

So i assume the pre med course will be taught at the med school? I had a look at west park flats, seem good plus cheaper than most. :smile:
Original post by charmedwonderer
So i assume the pre med course will be taught at the med school? I had a look at west park flats, seem good plus cheaper than most. :smile:

Well I was talking to a biomed graduate at my interview and she was saying that she had premeds in her classes when she was in first year. I think since it will be sciences we get taught in premed we'll be mainly at the main campus and there maybe one or two classes that we have to attend at the med school. The med school isn't that far from the main campus anyway, around 10mins in a bus and the buses are every 7-10 mins so it wouldn't matter much where you choose to stay.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Do we apply for accommodation every year or do we apply once and that's it for the rest of the 6 years?
屏幕快照 2016-03-20 下午5.38.08.pngyeah west park flats&villas seem relatively cheap?
wait wait wait... If the cheapest accommodation is £4621.89 for 39 wks, on average that's £118.51 pw and £474.04 pm?!!!!
surely it would be cheaper to flatshare/rent? I had a quick scan on gumtree and it's between £250 pm to £450 pm?
Original post by Junioh
wait wait wait... If the cheapest accommodation is £4621.89 for 39 wks, on average that's £118.51 pw and £474.04 pm?!!!!
surely it would be cheaper to flatshare/rent? I had a quick scan on gumtree and it's between £250 pm to £450 pm?

minus the saas funding, i think staying on campus for one year and then getting a flat for the rest of your time at Dundee, would be an enjoyable experience and then at the end of your first year you can move in with some friends.
Original post by redddddd
Well I was talking to a biomed graduate at my interview and she was saying that she had premeds in her classes when she was in first year. I think since it will be sciences we get taught in premed we'll be mainly at the main campus and there maybe one or two classes that we have to attend at the med school. The med school isn't that far from the main campus anyway, around 10mins in a bus and the buses are every 7-10 mins so it wouldn't matter much where you choose to stay.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, travelling about in Dundee seems relatively easy regardless of where you choose to stay, so would you be staying at home since your local?
minus the saas funding, i think staying on campus for one year and then getting a flat for the rest of your time at Dundee, would be an enjoyable experience and then at the end of your first year you can move in with some friends.

You must be one of the six people :biggrin: Are you gonna firm Dundee?
True! Still tho! They are defo over-charging it!!!
When do we apply for sass??
Yeah, travelling about in Dundee seems relatively easy regardless of where you choose to stay, so would you be staying at home since your local?

Yup, I'll be staying at home

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Junioh

Yup that's me hahaha, high chance i will, see you there if i do:biggrin: And true i guess. I think some time in april.
I just firmed Dundee on Friday afternoon (hi everyone by the way), are we meant to get an email about accommodation straight away or not? Has anyone else got one? Thankssssss
Reply 874
Original post by Junioh
I'm gonna firm Dundee also! (pre-med)

@medap123 @redddddd see you both this september!

YAYYY JUNIOHH I knew you could do it!! See you in September :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Junioh
I'm gonna firm Dundee also! (pre-med)

@medap123 @redddddd see you both this september!

So, how many people are doing the widening access premedical year including me? I got my offer on 11th march. Perhaps we should create a group chat on facebook so we can get to know each other better and discuss things like accomodation.
Original post by Da_Don_1997
So, how many people are doing the widening access premedical year including me? I got my offer on 11th march. Perhaps we should create a group chat on facebook so we can get to know each other better and discuss things like accomodation.

I can't have facebook and I don't wanna miss out if you guys make one :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Junioh

Junioh - first of all congratulations! so happy for you :smile:

Regards accomodation - most people take halls for first year and then move out and flat share in 2/3rd year when you get to know people better and know who you want to live with. You would be living with mostly medics and life scientists.

The Pre-med year only takes about 6-7 people because you guys are incorporated into the Life Sciences degrees for the first year and that is the maximum number of pre-meds people life sciences takes. My friend did it and was with us for the first year and then having passed was allowed to progress to medicine. I do believe they have changed/are aiming to change the pre-med year a bit though and have now got a few extra more clinical based things for you guys as that was a major complaint but I could be totally wrong.
Original post by BourbonBeluga1
I just firmed Dundee on Friday afternoon (hi everyone by the way), are we meant to get an email about accommodation straight away or not? Has anyone else got one? Thankssssss

You'll get the opportunity to apply in the coming months because currently the current students have the early bird offer. There is limited places for current students and pretty much all of you will get accomodation if you apply in the time frame you are supposed to
Original post by Junioh

SAAS opens for applications around the 30th of April. I suggest doing that sooner rather than later because the paperwork can be stupidly tedious and their customer service department is a joke if you need help. They have to have your funding and loans in place if you do it by 30th June so you have 2 months to do it to be guaranteed :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending