The Student Room Group

Does rape culture exist? (POLL)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kates David
Statistics concern themselves either with claims, or otherwise, with legal outcomes, not always with actual realities. The truth is this, that the vast majority of men in a relationship with a female, perhaps as many as 90%, are physically stronger than their partners. Men are typically able to restrain attacks from females, therefore an attack by a man on a female should typically be considered infinitely more serious. Look for statistics which suggest that girls are killing as many men as men are killing girls. Then look for statistics which suggest that girls are raping as many men as men are raping girls. You might be surprised with what you find?
"Girls and young women should always ask for a reference from a potential dates previous partner" This for reasons of reducing their exposure to risk. Even if grown men were at greater risk from girls, females are the weaker sex, still, so this is where it must begin. I have already explained in depth why.
Disapproval from men to my proposal is a reasonably certain yardstick for benefit to females. However, there is nothing to stop a man adopting the same approach should he consider that the girl he is about to date might be physically capable of regularly beating him up. Girls are not commonly attracted to guys that are more fragile than themselves however, so this should but seldom be a serious concern for him.
When it comes to statistics like these claims are everything. Likely a large majority of females do not even show up, because they make no formal complaint. Likely a very significant percentage of abusive men start making formal complaints from that time they are first injured by a girl in trying to fend him off. Men like this, many are psychopaths, usually win on every single last level. Our legal system actually fosters psychopaths, unfortunately. It is in a man`s nature to try and play down his risk.
Girls are being beaten black and blue, and some to near death, others beaten and raped too, and most of the time this occurs in their own homes. One of my lodgers was treated such, by a psychopath, the said same psychopath that has been awarded main carer for her children, and is officially innocent. They do not lose, they are psychopaths. Whereas he made official complaints about her violent conduct, she never made a single complaint about his. She was virtually killed by him on two occasions, and now he routinely threatens to kill her children. Unfortunately we are a complaint culture. As many times it is the person making the complaint whom should be first examined, and many times that will be the man.

It's almost universally shown report rates by men are much lower. Also many statistics showed.

studies have shown that women who assault their male partners are more likely to avoid arrest than men who attack their female partners, and that female perpetrators of IPV are often viewed by law enforcement agencies and the courts as victims rather than offenders. As such, men fear that if they do report to the police, they will be assumed to be the aggressor, and placed under arrest. The 1985 U.S. National Family Violence Survey, carried out by Murray A. Straus and Richard J. Gelles on a nationally representative sample of 6,002 couples, found that when a woman called the police to report IPV, the man was ordered out of the house in 41.4% of cases. However, when a man called, the woman was ordered out of the house in 0% of cases. When a woman called, the man was threatened with immediate arrest in 28.2% of cases; when a man called, the woman was threatened with arrest in 0% of cases. When a woman called, the man was threatened with arrest at a later date in 10.7% of cases; when a man called, the woman was threatened with arrest at a later date in 0% of cases. When a woman called, the man was arrested in 15.2% of cases; when a man called, the woman was arrested in 0% of cases. In fact, in 12.1% of cases when the man called, the man himself was arrested.

A Home Officer study in 2010-2011 report found that whilst 27% of women who experienced IPV reported it to the police, only 10% of men did so, and whilst 44% of women reported to some professional organization, only 19% of men did so. In a 2005 report carried out by the National Crime Council in the Republic of Ireland, it was estimated that 5% of men who had experienced IPV had reported it to the authorities, compared to 29% of women.

Also your claim of less men are victims of a higher level of violence is misconstrued. Study after study have shown despite a similar form and type of violence being used there are some notable differences. Men are more likely to choke or strangle, women are more likely to kick, punch, bite throw objects and use weapons. The main difference arises through injury rates which only comes for official crime stats, the main flaw of which is the fact they have to be reported as domestic violence injuries in the first place. It's a weird contradiction tbh and one yet to be explained, men and women experience similar levels and seriousness of violence, but women are much more likely to be killed or seriously injured, despite the fact women aren't technically that much weaker than men (aka a woman and man of similar mass are actually very similar in terms of strength).
Original post by DanB1991
It's almost universally shown report rates by men are much lower. Also many statistics showed.

studies have shown that women who assault their male partners are more likely to avoid arrest than men who attack their female partners, and that female perpetrators of IPV are often viewed by law enforcement agencies and the courts as victims rather than offenders. As such, men fear that if they do report to the police, they will be assumed to be the aggressor, and placed under arrest. The 1985 U.S. National Family Violence Survey, carried out by Murray A. Straus and Richard J. Gelles on a nationally representative sample of 6,002 couples, found that when a woman called the police to report IPV, the man was ordered out of the house in 41.4% of cases. However, when a man called, the woman was ordered out of the house in 0% of cases. When a woman called, the man was threatened with immediate arrest in 28.2% of cases; when a man called, the woman was threatened with arrest in 0% of cases. When a woman called, the man was threatened with arrest at a later date in 10.7% of cases; when a man called, the woman was threatened with arrest at a later date in 0% of cases. When a woman called, the man was arrested in 15.2% of cases; when a man called, the woman was arrested in 0% of cases. In fact, in 12.1% of cases when the man called, the man himself was arrested.

A Home Officer study in 2010-2011 report found that whilst 27% of women who experienced IPV reported it to the police, only 10% of men did so, and whilst 44% of women reported to some professional organization, only 19% of men did so. In a 2005 report carried out by the National Crime Council in the Republic of Ireland, it was estimated that 5% of men who had experienced IPV had reported it to the authorities, compared to 29% of women.

Also your claim of less men are victims of a higher level of violence is misconstrued. Study after study have shown despite a similar form and type of violence being used there are some notable differences. Men are more likely to choke or strangle, women are more likely to kick, punch, bite throw objects and use weapons. The main difference arises through injury rates which only comes for official crime stats, the main flaw of which is the fact they have to be reported as domestic violence injuries in the first place. It's a weird contradiction tbh and one yet to be explained, men and women experience similar levels and seriousness of violence, but women are much more likely to be killed or seriously injured, despite the fact women aren't technically that much weaker than men (aka a woman and man of similar mass are actually very similar in terms of strength).

There is nothing here which I have not already covered, and I have explained why statistics cannot be relied upon, yet you merely give me more of the same? Your fascination is over what might be argued as being broadly fair, come unfair, whilst I`m in the business solely of female protection, I`m discussing the rest purely for fun, for as I have said, rape is a far more important issue. Where rape is concerned what we do know is that 90% of the time men are still getting away with it, likely nearer a 100%. If they can get away with rape virtually all of the time then why not less serious acts of violence?

I`m already well aware of the excuses men will make for having not complained at an earlier time. When they argue that they had felt ashamed they are already winning the argument for having been at the receiving end. Statistics are largely the product. of successful claims, not for what occurred. Statistics for how many claim having been regularly beaten up and raped are totally meaningless, as such information is impossible to resource by any means.

I`m already aware of the statistics, and this is precisely why I have been making this stand. I do n`t trust them. They likely have a lot to say for what men would wish girls to believe however, and on this level I believe that our world is still heavily male dominated. Statistics can turn the entire world upside down, and have the majority of people believing it. You only have to have a good understanding for how your specie operates to realize where the real world. is in this. I understand my specie better than to believe that girls are virtually the same physical threat to men, as men are to girls. Take a close look at the typical female victim of a male abuser, and then compare the damage to that typically dished out by a girl.

I`m a personal trainer, and I can tell you, females are only very seldom of equal muscle mass, and that it is very uncommon for any female of any size to possess the strength of an average male. Mad is of exceptional strength for a female, and she`s my build. She is 24, and I`m 60 yrs. I can bend a spenby bar 110 times to her one half of one single time. She is great on endurance, females are, but unless they sport a beard they do n`t match our strength. Believe reality, not merely what the system/men would have one believe!

Girls that attempt to kill their partners do so because they experience no other alternative/because they have been abused and beaten to it, both by their partner, and by the system, most often more men. By this time it becomes desperately hard for any just minded individual even to blame them.
(edited 8 years ago)
There is nothing here which I have not already covered, and I have explained why statistics cannot be relied upon, yet you merely give me more of the same? Your fascination is over what might be argued as being broadly fair, come unfair, whilst I`m in the business solely of female protection, I`m discussing the rest purely for fun, for as I have said, rape is a far more important issue. Where rape is concerned what we do know is that 90% of the time men are still getting away with it, likely nearer a 100%. If they can get away with rape virtually all of the time then why not less serious acts of violence?

I`m already well aware of the excuses men will make for having not complained at an earlier time. When they argue that they had felt ashamed they are already winning the argument for having been at the receiving end. Statistics are largely the product. of successful claims, not for what occurred. Statistics for how many claim having been regularly beaten up and raped are totally meaningless, as such information is impossible to resource by any means.

I`m already aware of the statistics, and this is precisely why I have been making this stand. I do n`t trust them. They likely have a lot to say for what men would wish girls to believe however, and on this level I believe that our world is still heavily male dominated. Statistics can turn the entire world upside down, and have the majority of people believing it. You only have to have a good understanding for how your specie operates to realize where the real world. is in this. I understand my specie better than to believe that girls are virtually the same physical threat to men, as men are to girls. Take a close look at the typical female victim of a male abuser, and then compare the damage to that typically dished out by a girl.

I`m a personal trainer, and I can tell you, females are only very seldom of equal muscle mass, and that it is very uncommon for any female of any size to possess the strength of an average male. Mad is of exceptional strength for a female, and she`s my build. She is 24, and I`m 60 yrs. I can bend a spenby bar 110 times to her one half of one single time. She is great on endurance, females are, but unless they sport a beard they do n`t match our strength. Believe reality, not merely what the system/men would have one believe!

Girls that attempt to kill their partners do so because they experience no other alternative/because they have been abused and beaten to it. By which time I do n`t even blame them...

You don't trust statistics then use a statistic that the only people who have given have an agenda.

So you admit your ideas are sexist as they ignore a huge amount of victims.

Exactly believe that women are just as violent as men that is reality, you seem to be detached from it once again I suggest getting out in the real world.

Woman attacks a man she is a victim, man attacks a woman he is scum.

You are literally victim blaming, you complain about victim blaming then do it yourself is it acceptable to blame victims or not your stance on every issue is sexist.
Original post by joecphillips
You don't trust statistics then use a statistic that the only people who have given have an agenda.

So you admit your ideas are sexist as they ignore a huge amount of victims.

Exactly believe that women are just as violent as men that is reality, you seem to be detached from it once again I suggest getting out in the real world.

Woman attacks a man she is a victim, man attacks a woman he is scum.

You are literally victim blaming, you complain about victim blaming then do it yourself is it acceptable to blame victims or not your stance on every issue is sexist.

I cannot respond as there exists no further content. I have covered all these points in considerable depth. You are entitled to your position, meanwhile, I am equally entitled to my own. If you have something to say to girl kind do what I do, and say it. There is no need to consult me first. Yes, men that attack women are scum, every single last time, but even scum can on rare occasion redeem itself. My best guess is that you have attacked a female at least on one occasion.
(edited 8 years ago)
I cannot respond as there exists no further content. I have covered all these points in considerable depth. You are entitled to your position, meanwhile, I am equally entitled to my own. If you have something to say to girl kind do what I do, and say it. There is no need to consult me first. Yes, men that attack women are scum, every single last time, but even scum can on rare occasion redeem itself. My best guess is that you have attacked a female at least on one occasion.

I do say it you are a sexist who needs to get out in the real world as nobody would just simply laugh at your ideas which are simply sexist and then you go on to blame victims.

I have had fights with my sister when I was young but everyone with a sibling has, my guess about you is that you are the type of person who in divorce cases you would encourage the woman to report him for domestic violence as you think there is no innocent man just men who haven't been violent yet.
It has nothing to do with fights with sisters as children, at this time when you are still developing. It is all you have got, I appreciate that. You consider it sexist, but actually, in reality, it is likely merely levelling the playing field. I cannot understand your first sentence???
(edited 8 years ago)

Original post by joecphillips
I do say it you are a sexist who needs to get out in the real world as nobody would just simply laugh at your ideas which are simply sexist and then you go on to blame victims.

I have had fights with my sister when I was young but everyone with a sibling has, my guess about you is that you are the type of person who in divorce cases you would encourage the woman to report him for domestic violence as you think there is no innocent man just men who haven't been violent yet.

Joe.... I think the obvious troll is obvious now
Joe.... I think the obvious troll is obvious now

We thought that you might think that, after all there are at least three of you, and only one of me, plus of course the hundreds following whom I speak on behalf of.. Likely though, what with you being a stickler for statistics, you believe that I`m the only person in the world of my opinion? Well, this is how far some statistics take you.
How is it that I claim to know a little about this subject you may ask. I`m the next port of call after a women`s refuge. There are 256 for women in the U.k, and only five for men, most of them gay men. Are you beginning to get there yet? There is always a significantly higher proportion of younger women frequenting them. Girls are at even higher risk than young women. I always collect my information from the actual rock face where possible. This is what is happening on the ground, and so infinitely more reliable than what people say is happening, infinitely more, trust me.
(edited 8 years ago)
We thought that you might think that, after all there are at least three of you, and only one of me, plus of course the hundreds following whom I speak on behalf of.. Likely though, what with you being a stickler for statistics, you believe that I`m the only person in the world of my opinion? Well, this is how far some statistics take you.
How is it that I claim to know a little about this subject you may ask. I`m the next port of call after a women`s refuge. There are 256 for women in the U.k, and only five for men, most of them gay men. Are you beginning to get there yet? There is always a significantly higher proportion of younger women frequenting them. Girls are at even higher risk than young women. I always collect my information from the actual rock face where possible. This is what is happening on the ground, and so infinitely more reliable than what people say is happening, infinitely more, trust me.

:congrats:

You do realise the reason more women go to shelters for women is because men are banned from entering!

There are roughly 7,500 places open to women in shelters and 60 places open to men..... so even if men needed to go to shelters in reality there isn't anywhere for them to go!

Just look at Erin Prizzy who was pretty much chased out of the UK in the 70's by feminists for trying to open shelters for men after she realised women generally were responsible for a similar level of violence and quite often initiated. And yes, that's the same women who also opened the first shelters for women too!

There was a tragedy locally where a 20 year old man was stabbed 24 times and killed by his long abusive girlfriend. He didn't have anywhere to go or have any help open to him because of disgustingly horrific sexist attitudes like yours!

It's only when men are murdered does anyone take domestic violence against men seriously! It doesn't help that men are often demonized despite the fact women have an equal capacity for harm, suffering and cruelty. Domestic violence is not a gendered issue.

You do realise the reason more women go to shelters for women is because men are banned from entering!

There are roughly 7,500 places open to women in shelters and 60 places open to men..... so even if men needed to go to shelters in reality there isn't anywhere for them to go!

Just look at Erin Prizzy who was pretty much chased out of the UK in the 70's by feminists for trying to open shelters for men after she realised women generally were responsible for a similar level of violence and quite often initiated. And yes, that's the same women who also opened the first shelters for women too!

There was a tragedy locally where a 20 year old man was stabbed 24 times and killed by his long abusive girlfriend. He didn't have anywhere to go or have any help open to him because of disgustingly horrific sexist attitudes like yours!

It's only when men are murdered does anyone take domestic violence against men seriously! It doesn't help that men are often demonized despite the fact women have an equal capacity for harm, suffering and cruelty. Domestic violence is not a gendered issue.

I don't think they realise their sexist attitude as well as lack of anywhere for men to go to means that men don't go anywhere like this so her stat is completely misleading and she says stats can be misleading.

And these places for women and girls seem like a nice impartial source

Of course they are not mixed, men have their own, which is what I just said (?), and they likely exist significantly by demand. They exist for females because females have to stand outside of them until somebody lets them in, and longer term,until another is forced into opening.. Men are not doing this, at least not to escape girls. However, there is a massive problem where it concerns other men. Men are likely near as often the victim of domestic violence when you factor in other men, and only then do the statistics come true. Yes, men do require far more refuges. We agree on this one.

Where it concerns females the man`s version of events is too often either distorted, or exaggerated to think that any meaningful measure can be taken here. When attacking girls they tend to automatically consider themselves both blameless, and on the receiving end. I have never come across even one exception to this rule, not when it comes to the nail. So all of this one obviously factors in. On the other hand, I have never knowingly, and I`often have inside information, come across even a single female prepared to significantly distort the events in her favor, She can have a hard enough time being believed as it is, men also. The system is still overly male dominated in my view. however. As this is my area where is the logic in dictating to me, explain that????

The places represent the demand! Looking up figures here is of no use to you whatsoever. There is only a similar level of recorded violence. In the real world it is only you that is sexist. Thousands of girls are being beaten by men every single day, and there exists no numbers for this. Statistics are not a measure for anything, merely for a process. I`ve always been of the view that female violence on men should be taken seriously, but not that male violence on women as a for runner to it should be ignored. This has been your approach.

The vast majority of females that use violence seem to be those that are led by violence, or otherwise, disgusting treatment at the hand of the male. I have never come across a single exception to this. Girls and young women are having to fight for their very lives, trust me n this! They use it in a desperate final bid for defence, or otherwise because the man has trapped them in a relationship from which they cannot escape. Girls but very seldom attack genuinely loving males/males that always put their partners needs before their own. Males commonly attack genuinely loving females, females which put their partners needs before their own.

Your last line, quoted from whom. Quote in brackets at the end of the line does not exist in the English language? Females do not have the same capacity, simply apply common sense, and for every 100 beaten females I`d accept that there may be as many as ten females genuinely beating up their man. I`ve never come across a case which I considered was "truly" genuine! Men can generally take much more punishment without lasting damage by the way.

You are sexist in the real world. .I would be very proud to be considered sexist, a male making a stand for the terrible plight of females, for I`m proud to be standing in line for the sex which chivalry has long forgotten here - Hitting a male is as nothing to hitting a female. Forget this and we become no better than animals.

Where relative strengths are concerned, it certainly does narrow into typical middle age. It does not need to, it should not do, but there exists this tendency. Many females begin a process of turning into men, and likewise, many men begin a process of turning into women. Should one take samples from well inside of this group the difference in strength wont be marked. If you want a result to favor the men being victims then this is precisely what you would do. This is where one might expect male researches to go.. Move beyond mere words, move beyond mere numbers, and look inside those doors!

Females are but very seldom even attracted to males that are physically females! Clapping me is much appreciated, thank you. I`ve just put up another world record attempt on You Tube. The address to follow with my next post. Thank you for following me here.
(edited 8 years ago)
Of course they are not mixed, men have their own, which is what I just said (?), and they likely exist significantly by demand. They exist for females because females have to stand outside of them until somebody lets them in, and longer term,until another is forced into opening.. Men are not doing this, at least not to escape girls. However, there is a massive problem where it concerns other men. Men are likely near as often the victim of domestic violence when you factor in other men, and only then do the statistics come true. Yes, men do require far more refuges. We agree on this one.

Where it concerns females the man`s version of events is too often either distorted, or exaggerated to think that any meaningful measure can be taken here. When attacking girls they tend to automatically consider themselves both blameless, and on the receiving end. I have never come across even one exception to this rule, not when it comes to the nail. So all of this one obviously factors in. On the other hand, I have never knowingly, and I`often have inside information, come across even a single female prepared to significantly distort the events in her favor, She can have a hard enough time being believed as it is, men also. The system is still overly male dominated in my view. however. As this is my area where is the logic in dictating to me, explain that????

The places represent the demand! Looking up figures here is of no use to you whatsoever. There is only a similar level of recorded violence. In the real world it is only you that is sexist. Thousands of girls are being beaten by men every single day, and there exists no numbers for this. Statistics are not a measure for anything, merely for a process. I`ve always been of the view that female violence on men should be taken seriously, but not that male violence on women as a for runner to it should be ignored. This has been your approach.

The vast majority of females that use violence seem to be those that are led by violence, or otherwise, disgusting treatment at the hand of the male. I have never come across a single exception to this. Girls and young women are having to fight for their very lives, trust me n this! They use it in a desperate final bid for defence, or otherwise because the man has trapped them in a relationship from which they cannot escape. Girls but very seldom attack genuinely loving males/males that always put their partners needs before their own. Males commonly attack genuinely loving females, females which put their partners needs before their own.

Your last line, quoted from whom. Quote in brackets at the end of the line does not exist in the English language? Females do not have the same capacity, simply apply common sense, and for every 100 beaten females I`d accept that there may be as many as ten females genuinely beating up their man. I`ve never come across a case which I considered was "truly" genuine! Men can generally take much more punishment without lasting damage by the way.

You are sexist in the real world. .I would be very proud to be considered sexist, a male making a stand for the terrible plight of females, for I`m proud to be standing in line for the sex which chivalry has long forgotten here - Hitting a male is as nothing to hitting a female. Forget this and we become no better than animals.

Where relative strengths are concerned, it certainly does narrow into typical middle age. It does not need to, it should not do, but there exists this tendency. Many females begin a process of turning into men, and likewise, many men begin a process of turning into women. Should one take samples from well inside of this group the difference in strength wont be marked. If you want a result to favor the men being victims then this is precisely what you would do. This is where one might expect male researches to go.. Move beyond mere words, move beyond mere numbers, and look inside those doors!

Females are but very seldom even attracted to males that are physically females! Clapping me is much appreciated, thank you. I`ve just put up another world record attempt on You Tube. The address to follow with my next post. Thank you for following me here.

Now you're deluded. I've researched domestic violence for around 3 years, helped in a shelter and spoken with men and women on both sides of the violence. By large the vast majority of domestic violence is not one sided, however yes, the worst injuries generally speaking occur against women but that is usually in more cultures or societies with less gender equality (and has a massive problem in regards to how domestic violence against men is recorded).

It's long been known, since the 70's infact, that most violence was reciprocal... that wasn't due to studies questioning men.... that was studies asking the women themselves.

Findings regarding bidirectional violence are particularly controversial because, if accepted, they can serve to undermine one of the most commonly cited reasons for female perpetrated IPV; self-defense against an aggressive male partner. Despite this, many studies have found evidence of high levels of bidirectionality in cases where women have reported IPV. For example, social activist Erin Pizzey, who established the first women's shelter in the U.K. in 1971, found that 62 of the first 100 women admitted to the centre were "violence-prone," and just as violent as the men they were leaving. The 1975 National Family Violence Survey found that 27.7% of IPV cases were perpetrated by men alone, 22.7% by women alone and 49.5% were bidirectional. In order to counteract claims that the reporting data was skewed, female-only surveys were conducted, asking females to self-report, resulting in almost identical data. The 1985 National Family Violence Survey found 25.9% of IPV cases perpetrated by men alone, 25.5% by women alone, and 48.6% were bidirectional.

In 1997, Philip W. Cook conducted a study of 55,000 members of the United States Armed Forces, finding bidirectionality in 60-64% of IPV cases, as reported by both men and women. The 2001 National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health found that 49.7% of IPV cases were reciprocal and 50.3% were non-reciprocal. When data provided by men only was analyzed, 46.9% of cases were reported as reciprocal and 53.1% as non-reciprocal. When data provided by women only was analyzed, 51.3% of cases were reported as reciprocal and 49.7% as non-reciprocal. The overall data showed 70.7% of non-reciprocal IPV cases were perpetrated by women only (74.9% when reported by men; 67.7% when reported by women) and 29.3% were perpetrated by men only (25.1% when reported by men; 32.3% when reported by women). The 2006 thirty-two nation International Dating Violence Study "revealed an overwhelming body of evidence that bidirectional violence is the predominant pattern of perpetration; and this [...] indicates that the etiology of IPV is mostly parallel for men and women." The survey found for "any physical violence," a rate of 31.2%, of which 68.6% was bidirectional, 9.9% was perpetrated by men only, and 21.4% by women only. For severe assault, a rate of 10.8% was found, of which 54.8% was bidirectional, 15.7% perpetrated by men only, and 29.4% by women only.

It's an incredibly common claim that women mostly commit violence in self defence.... but it's not backed up by 'any' data. Several studies have found evidence that only a small proportion of female perpetrated IPV is prompted by self-defense. For example, in a 1996 study of 1,978 people in England, 21% of women who admitted to committing IPV gave self-defense as a reason. More prevalent reasons were "Get through to" (53%), "Something said" (52%) and "Make do something" (26%). In a 1997 survey of college students in Canada, Walter DeKeseredy and Martin D. Schwartz found that 62.3% of women who had committed IPV did not cite self-defense as a factor at all, whereas only 6.9% cited it as the primary factor. In a five-year study of 978 college students from California, concluded in 1997, Martin S. Fiebert and Denise M. Gonzalez found an IPV rate amongst women of 20%. Within this group, perpetrators were asked to select reasons as to why they assaulted their partner, with the option to choose multiple reasons. The breakdown of reasons had "my partner wasn't sensitive to my needs" as the most prevalent (46%). Also found more frequently than self-defense were "I wished to gain my partner's attention" (44%) and "My partner was not listening to me" (43%).

Hell what about the claim that female on male violence is caused by discrimination of women in a patriarchal society? In 1992, a random sample of 1,257 Canadians found that 39% of female participants reported committing minor IPV and 16.2% reported committing severe IPV. Their main reasons were confidence that their male partner would not hit back, psychological disturbance and alcohol abuse. In 2006, Rose A. Medeiros and Murray A. Straus conducted a study using a sample of 854 students (312 men and 542 women) from two American universities. They identified fourteen specific risk factors common amongst both males and females who had committed IPV; poor anger management, antisocial personality disorders, borderline personality disorders, tendency to dominate relationships, substance abuse, criminal history, posttraumatic stress disorders, depression, communication problems, jealousy, sexual abuse as a child, stress, and a general attitudinal approval of partner violence. In 2014, a study involving 1,104 male and female students in their late teens and early twenties found that women are more likely than men to be controlling and aggressive towards their partners, more likely to demonstrate a desire to control their partners, and more likely to use physical aggression in ensuring that control. The main author of the study, Elizabeth Bates, wrote "this suggests that intimate partner violence may not be motivated by patriarchal values and needs to be studied within the context of other forms of aggression, which has potential implications for interventions."

Sorry for the wall of text, but statistics do not agree with your claims. TLDR version is as follows:

Point 1) Stats show Men and women both state roughly similar amounts of blame of actions and

Point 2) Stats also show Self defence and a Patriarchal mind set is not the main cause of female on male violence.

Point 3) CBA to search for more text seeing I doubt it will sink in, but no reliable data is available in regards to same-sex domestic violence stats due to generally small convenience samples. Generally speaking those in lesbian relationships have a similar chance, if not slightly higher, to be victims of domestic abuse. Gay men by comparison generally have a lower chance, albeit bi-sexual men have a higher chance. From what I have learned in my time researching domestic violence the closest scale in terms of risk of being a victim of domestic violence is Bisexual>Homosexual>Heterosexual.
Of course the violence is reciprocal, but the female is dealing with a man, not another female. Her "violence" is only but very seldom genuine violence. Yes, I agree they are both human, with human frailty of mind, but one is a girl, the other a comparative beast. You don`t even begin to know any truth from statistics., in fact they can take you in the other direction. The vast majority of violence is not recorded/there are no statistics for it, and you can use statistics, dependent upon only how they were compiled, to support any claim you wish to make. Additionally, it is not only what one claims, it is how honest one is in claiming. My position has been that girls are very significantly more apt to be honest than guys over their incidents of lashing out, because guys are thought bastards, and girls simply strong. This has been my experience.
Some girls are total bastards, but that`s no excuse for beating them up, and raping them. I`ll leave you with your God, your statistics, in reality another name only for numbers, but one that cons people into believing that they necessarily represent reality.

Point one makes no sense. If you are asked to point the blame you point the blame, The vast majority of incidents don`t come to the surface and so they are not asked. Useless information!

Point two: Much of self defence would n`t even be considered a violent act when directed towards a male, because generally speaking they are not powerful enough for it to be deemed so. It is generally about just putting your hands up. Self defence would otherwise get them seriously hurt, or otherwise killed. Patriarchal mindset?? - Did anyone ever think so? The need for control is the biggest single factor.

There is no such thing as statistics for whether it is self defence, only as to whether the self defence were applied at the actual time of being beaten. Even girls cannot do self analysis. Are you telling me this was under hypnosis then? Self defence may have to be used at the only time it is possible to use it, not generally when most expected. Not unless you have a death wish. Female on male violence is not anything near so serious.

As for punching and kicking, girls are too weak to punch meaningfully, at least not without hard training. Their chest muscles are under formed. As for kicking, at least you would be on your feet, for they are generally, apart from incredible hulks, not strong enough to put you on the ground. Half the time the guy would grab their leg, and they would topple over.

I have no interest to read that solid block of statistics,. You have your position, that`s great, and I have my own. I`m both abundantly happy and proud of my stand.here. I have another room to be filled by another victim, and my time is better served back in the real world with her. Please continue with the so called evidence though. If girl kind want to take my advice at least they have been made aware of it here. Thank you for listening. Take every precaution over whom you date. Good luck!
(edited 8 years ago)
Now you're deluded. I've researched domestic violence for around 3 years, helped in a shelter and spoken with men and women on both sides of the violence. By large the vast majority of domestic violence is not one sided, however yes, the worst injuries generally speaking occur against women but that is usually in more cultures or societies with less gender equality (and has a massive problem in regards to how domestic violence against men is recorded).

It's long been known, since the 70's infact, that most violence was reciprocal... that wasn't due to studies questioning men.... that was studies asking the women themselves.

Findings regarding bidirectional violence are particularly controversial because, if accepted, they can serve to undermine one of the most commonly cited reasons for female perpetrated IPV; self-defense against an aggressive male partner. Despite this, many studies have found evidence of high levels of bidirectionality in cases where women have reported IPV. For example, social activist Erin Pizzey, who established the first women's shelter in the U.K. in 1971, found that 62 of the first 100 women admitted to the centre were "violence-prone," and just as violent as the men they were leaving. The 1975 National Family Violence Survey found that 27.7% of IPV cases were perpetrated by men alone, 22.7% by women alone and 49.5% were bidirectional. In order to counteract claims that the reporting data was skewed, female-only surveys were conducted, asking females to self-report, resulting in almost identical data. The 1985 National Family Violence Survey found 25.9% of IPV cases perpetrated by men alone, 25.5% by women alone, and 48.6% were bidirectional.

In 1997, Philip W. Cook conducted a study of 55,000 members of the United States Armed Forces, finding bidirectionality in 60-64% of IPV cases, as reported by both men and women. The 2001 National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health found that 49.7% of IPV cases were reciprocal and 50.3% were non-reciprocal. When data provided by men only was analyzed, 46.9% of cases were reported as reciprocal and 53.1% as non-reciprocal. When data provided by women only was analyzed, 51.3% of cases were reported as reciprocal and 49.7% as non-reciprocal. The overall data showed 70.7% of non-reciprocal IPV cases were perpetrated by women only (74.9% when reported by men; 67.7% when reported by women) and 29.3% were perpetrated by men only (25.1% when reported by men; 32.3% when reported by women). The 2006 thirty-two nation International Dating Violence Study "revealed an overwhelming body of evidence that bidirectional violence is the predominant pattern of perpetration; and this [...] indicates that the etiology of IPV is mostly parallel for men and women." The survey found for "any physical violence," a rate of 31.2%, of which 68.6% was bidirectional, 9.9% was perpetrated by men only, and 21.4% by women only. For severe assault, a rate of 10.8% was found, of which 54.8% was bidirectional, 15.7% perpetrated by men only, and 29.4% by women only.

It's an incredibly common claim that women mostly commit violence in self defence.... but it's not backed up by 'any' data. Several studies have found evidence that only a small proportion of female perpetrated IPV is prompted by self-defense. For example, in a 1996 study of 1,978 people in England, 21% of women who admitted to committing IPV gave self-defense as a reason. More prevalent reasons were "Get through to" (53%), "Something said" (52%) and "Make do something" (26%). In a 1997 survey of college students in Canada, Walter DeKeseredy and Martin D. Schwartz found that 62.3% of women who had committed IPV did not cite self-defense as a factor at all, whereas only 6.9% cited it as the primary factor. In a five-year study of 978 college students from California, concluded in 1997, Martin S. Fiebert and Denise M. Gonzalez found an IPV rate amongst women of 20%. Within this group, perpetrators were asked to select reasons as to why they assaulted their partner, with the option to choose multiple reasons. The breakdown of reasons had "my partner wasn't sensitive to my needs" as the most prevalent (46%). Also found more frequently than self-defense were "I wished to gain my partner's attention" (44%) and "My partner was not listening to me" (43%).

Hell what about the claim that female on male violence is caused by discrimination of women in a patriarchal society? In 1992, a random sample of 1,257 Canadians found that 39% of female participants reported committing minor IPV and 16.2% reported committing severe IPV. Their main reasons were confidence that their male partner would not hit back, psychological disturbance and alcohol abuse. In 2006, Rose A. Medeiros and Murray A. Straus conducted a study using a sample of 854 students (312 men and 542 women) from two American universities. They identified fourteen specific risk factors common amongst both males and females who had committed IPV; poor anger management, antisocial personality disorders, borderline personality disorders, tendency to dominate relationships, substance abuse, criminal history, posttraumatic stress disorders, depression, communication problems, jealousy, sexual abuse as a child, stress, and a general attitudinal approval of partner violence. In 2014, a study involving 1,104 male and female students in their late teens and early twenties found that women are more likely than men to be controlling and aggressive towards their partners, more likely to demonstrate a desire to control their partners, and more likely to use physical aggression in ensuring that control. The main author of the study, Elizabeth Bates, wrote "this suggests that intimate partner violence may not be motivated by patriarchal values and needs to be studied within the context of other forms of aggression, which has potential implications for interventions."

Sorry for the wall of text, but statistics do not agree with your claims. TLDR version is as follows:

Point 1) Stats show Men and women both state roughly similar amounts of blame of actions and

Point 2) Stats also show Self defence and a Patriarchal mind set is not the main cause of female on male violence.

Point 3) CBA to search for more text seeing I doubt it will sink in, but no reliable data is available in regards to same-sex domestic violence stats due to generally small convenience samples. Generally speaking those in lesbian relationships have a similar chance, if not slightly higher, to be victims of domestic abuse. Gay men by comparison generally have a lower chance, albeit bi-sexual men have a higher chance. From what I have learned in my time researching domestic violence the closest scale in terms of risk of being a victim of domestic violence is Bisexual>Homosexual>Heterosexual.

If you already know everything why have you wasted both our time having this debate with me. I disagree with the statistics, and you already have my position. It is understandable, unlike your own, and I would far rather be wrong on the side of the fairer sex than making a stand for men. There is a lot up there which I have never even disagreed with.
If you already know everything why have you wasted both our time having this debate with me. I disagree with the statistics, and you already have my position. It is understandable, unlike your own, and I would far rather be wrong on the side of the fairer sex than making a stand for men. There is a lot up there which I have never even disagreed with.

You prefer to use statistics that drive an agenda than be correct and fair.
You should just come out and say you support women who abuse men and say all men are violent rather than pretend that you care about victims of domestic violence.
What, but I have n`t used statistics>??? Refuge, numbers of, is not the rock face, I exaggerated, but it is closer than statistics. Do you mean "If you" I am correct and fair! Do n`t be silly, supporting women is n`t supporting women that for no reason attack men.??? That is not even related to anything I`ve alluded to? "All men are violent" What? - Why not adopt the approach of listening to what somebody is actually saying, trying to follow it, and then believe that it is what they are actually saying. What is wrong with that approach? We disagree, that is all. Yes, I could go through all the data with you and give my interpretation of it, but it would take too long. I care, but I care far more about the plight of girls being beaten and raped by men than I care about men that are being "beaten up" by their girlfriends. Know, I do n`t consider that to be even remotely sexist, just decent. Men on men is another thing, and this should be taken far more seriously than it is currently being. Top of the agenda is the fact of rape! Girls are not even attracted to men that are more female than themselves in the first place! If they were it would be a different story. The level of suffering is not measured by these statistics, and this is all that exists in the real world. The rest only exists on paper, where it does exist that is. Seems like you are only here to wish thoughts my way. There are a multitude of shades of grey! No matter what the circumstances both parties want to justify themselves, and to be the innocent one. The only reliable statistics have to be those correlated behind those closed doors. I house the victims of domestic violence! Girls weakest muscle group are their pectorals, so all this punching you speak of, it might be unpleasant, but on the grand scale of things amounts to virtually nothing.
(edited 8 years ago)

Okay enough is enough..... you've literally just stated, that against all available evidence you're going to support one sex over another because you view women as better than men....

You're either an amazing troll or unbelievably sexist.
Rape is clearly an eminent part of muslim culture
I`m still waiting for some evidence. Statistics are not evidence. I was taught this in second grade. In fact the way I interpret your "evidence" only goes to reinforce my own position. You wish It were evidence, I appreciate that. The only evidence remains where it always was, behind those closed doors, and the statistics only begin to suggest to anything when accompanied by very considerable, both insight, and common sense. The circumstances are not even counting related, they are measured only in terms of degrees in.suffering. You believe that which the system would have one believe, whereas, I have made my own journey, and found an entirely different reality out there.

"Girls punch and kick", But they cannot punch, and when they kick you simply grab their leg. "Girls don`t attack in self-defence": Few do, but when they do attack it has often been calculated by them to be the safest moment in avoiding a very severe beating, or possibly death. Girls are not equal to males physically, this is not sexist yet, because it is still very much fact. When girls find younger men more attractive, it is not ageist, younger men are more attractive. I believe that guys get a higher proportion of the early complaints in because unlike their victims they are not too frightened to complain. It is also an obvious answer for covering your own back, and it works.. Girls that defend attack guys in the moment are putting themselves at even greater risk - The only answer may be to take the children and flee.

When defence no longer works defend attack is sometimes a better option than a hospital bed, but not in that moment, obviously. This taking it of course that such action works. More especially if there are children to protect. Dominant males are dominant on every level of accountability. For the same reason psychopaths are all around us but officially very seldom exist. Statistics massively favor dominance/those that can control and manipulate others, and are capable of always taking the appropriate actions. First and foremost they make sure to cover their own backs through that which they utter from their lips. Girls do the same, obviously, but most girls are girls, and most men are men.

The internet is a tiny place, not one follower in the whole world! Only one badge??
(edited 8 years ago)
ofcourse not, only in muslim countries

Quick Reply

Latest