The Student Room Group

Very confused

I'm really struggling with GCSE German!! I feel like I don't know anything and my teacher isn't very helpful. We are currently preparing for our speaking assessment about school but mine is too short and I don't know what to put in it! I would be so grateful if anyone could help
Hi :smile: Is this one of your controlled assessments?
Reply 3
Original post by Elliesavage
I'm really struggling with GCSE German!! I feel like I don't know anything and my teacher isn't very helpful. We are currently preparing for our speaking assessment about school but mine is too short and I don't know what to put in it! I would be so grateful if anyone could help

Hey whats the topic you gotta discuss? I would suggest looking through specifoc vocab words and seeing if you could expand upon them.
I don't do GCSE German, but I do GCSE and AS French

The first piece of advice I can give is to think of sentences which you know pretty well, and then add in different words which relate to what you need to talk about. For example-

"Ich kanne nicht die Deutsche sprachen" [I cannot speak German)
(I don't know if that's perfect though)

You could change it to something like
"Ich könne ins Kino gehen, aber gehe ich ins Bekleidungsgeschäft"
(I could go to the cinema, but I go to the clothes shop)

That's just an idea which helps some of my classmates.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by TeenPolyglot
I don't do GCSE German, but I do GCSE and AS French

The first piece of advice I can give is to think of sentences which you know pretty well, and then add in different words which relate to what you need to talk about. For example-

"Ich kanne nicht die Deutsche sprachen" [I cannot speak German)
(I don't know if that's perfect though)

You could change it to something like
"Ich könne ins Kino gehen, aber gehe ich ins Bekleidungsgeschäft"
(I could go to the cinema, but I go to the clothes shop)

That's just an idea which helps some of my classmates.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It would be; Ich kann Deutsch nicht sprechen [would normally say Ich spreche kein Deutsch but in this case we can change that], but your idea is good :smile: You could expand upon that by introducing a reason why, or by changing the words (so instead of 'i can't speak German', 'i find German difficult to speak and understand, because x y z) as an example.
Original post by Inexorably
It would be; Ich kann Deutsch nicht sprechen [would normally say Ich spreche kein Deutsch but in this case we can change that], but your idea is good :smile: You could expand upon that by introducing a reason why, or by changing the words (so instead of 'i can't speak German', 'i find German difficult to speak and understand, because x y z) as an example.

I dropped German 2 years ago :redface:

But this is the main idea that I was portraying- take a simple sentence, and elaborate a bit to make it more language-y as it were, so it should relate to the topic at hand.
Hallo! Try talking about your opinions of different themes e.g. School uniform for or against, subjects you like/ dislike or used to like (can use past tense of model verbs here for more marks) and may not like anymore. Also about reasons of school stress ( e.g. Exams prufungen )and your own advice (konnen Sie, in this situation, soll man ... ) also you can try talking about other people's opinions too like friends or siblings. Also describe your school building and uniform. And also try talking about your dream school ( here you can use wurde- would( u with umlaut I think) )
Hope this helps:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Elliesavage

fill it out with lots and lots of personal opinions and make sure you explain every point!!! good luck :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending