The Student Room Group

How long have you gone without washing?

I think my record was about 3 days in the summer holidays. :colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Scoobaddy doopy doo!! Remind me to never try making a thread again :nodots:
I think the longest for me was like 3 days too. I was travelling and we didn't have first class seats so didn't have the option of a shower.

Baby wipes and dry shampoo kept us presentable until we could access proper washing facilities :colondollar:
Original post by Onion Ring
Scoobaddy doopy doo!! Remind me to never try making a thread again :nodots:

It hasn't been that long yet ^^

For me, it's probably around a week. At least when I was younger... Until I was about 14 I only bathed once a week, but I never seemed to sweat much then...

Shower every day now...
Reply 4
Original post by evalilyXOX
I think the longest for me was like 3 days too. I was travelling and we didn't have first class seats so didn't have the option of a shower.

Baby wipes and dry shampoo kept us presentable until we could access proper washing facilities :colondollar:

Baby wipes are a tool for life :daydreaming: Only first class had the option to wash though? :redface:
Reply 5
Original post by Boundless_x
2 days - when I went on my DofE expedition, there were no showers :afraid:

On my training trip there was only showers on the first day :colonhash: I think by the end of it you all get used to the stink of each other though. Also standing up in a shower after a long day walking didn't seem that pleasing most of the time.
Reply 6
There's a new company called Mother Dirt that says most of what causes body odor and provokes unbalanced oil production, etc., is the lack of normal healthy bacteria on your skin. They sell a variety of things that will rebuild that layer, as well as soaps that won't depopulate your biome. The founder hasn't showered for something like 30 years.

Not that this will relate to most posters' situation...
Reply 7
Original post by TorpidPhil
It hasn't been that long yet ^^

For me, it's probably around a week. At least when I was younger... Until I was about 14 I only bathed once a week, but I never seemed to sweat much then...

Shower every day now...

Bleurgh bathing. When I was a kid I used to think showers were just for fun.
You didn't sweat much when you were 14? Someone was a late bloomer. :gfight:
Reply 8
Original post by Camilli
There's a new company called Mother Dirt that says most of what causes body odor and provokes unbalanced oil production, etc., is the lack of normal healthy bacteria on your skin. They sell a variety of things that will rebuild that layer, as well as soaps that won't depopulate your biome. The founder hasn't showered for something like 30 years.

Not that this will relate to most posters' situation...

I've heard of shower gels and shampoos consisting of bacteria that will keep your skin clean and balanced, but not products that mean you don't need to shower? Are they lotions or?
I'm waiting for some guy to come on here and admit that he hasn't washed for a month.

Mine is 3 days, but I showered on the night of that 3rd day.
Baby wipes are a tool for life :daydreaming: Only first class had the option to wash though? :redface:

Yeah like in the airport, if you had first class seats you had access to the first class lounges which had showers.

Haha i know baby wipes are everyything !!! :biggrin:
Nearly two weeks I think, a few summers ago. I just stayed in bed crying:K:
5 days. Because some numpty forgot to pack soap / shower gel. :redface: :rolleyes: Baby wipes just aren't the same.

Mine's not too bad but it's a record of 3 days so far with Dofe gold practise being the cause it will be longer when i do the actual gold dofe with my school..............

Onion ring is very fitting.
Bleurgh bathing. When I was a kid I used to think showers were just for fun.
You didn't sweat much when you were 14? Someone was a late bloomer. :gfight:

Yeah, it's funny though because now I sweat profusely and have to use driclor to contain it!
about 5 days when i was ill, and you guys all shower everyday? that is so bad for your skin lol, have fun getting wrinkles early.
Reply 18
Original post by cherryred90s
Onion ring is very fitting.

They do produce quite the stench when you put them in the oven, but I suppose you would too. :innocent:
Reply 19

:h:

Would you ever consider this lifestyle change?

Quick Reply

Latest