The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

university of nottingham

hello, I been researching university for 2017 entry and I really want to get into Nottingham to take sociology my gcses were not great at all but I am hoping for AAB at alevel will my poor gcse (6c and 5d) affect my chances
Original post by soph1el0u1se
hello, I been researching university for 2017 entry and I really want to get into Nottingham to take sociology my gcses were not great at all but I am hoping for AAB at alevel will my poor gcse (6c and 5d) affect my chances

They certainly won't help. Did you get a C in English Language and Maths?

If you apply, make sure your referee explains your dramatic improvement from GCSE to A-level.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
try NTU?
I did get a C in both maths and English and on ucas it says that that is what is required should I be lowering my expectations for uni
I did get a C in both maths and English and on ucas it says that that is what is required should I be lowering my expectations for uni

I think you would be very well advised to have some very safe choices in your application.
well brighton and westminister only require BBC so would I have more of a chance being accepted
well brighton and westminister only require BBC so would I have more of a chance being accepted

You would be best advised to choose a range of universities. Possibly 2 at AAB 1 at ABB 1 at BBB one lower. It might be worth resitting English Language as some require a B. Check the requirements for GCSE English and Maths before applying to ensure you meet their entry standards. I suspect many will offer you places as you will meet the minimum entry standards for most and in todays climate most applicants are made offers outside a very small elite group.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending