The Student Room Group

Freemasons?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
To gauge people's genuine reactions, they may conceal it or be biased, if they knew my identity.

That's just weird.

My Grandad was a Mason, and all the Shriners are masons and they run around with cool little hats and tiny cars and raise money for childrens' hospitals.

The ritualism and the religious aspects aside, you don't need to be secretive. We're not going to ask about the rituals because all that stuff can be found online if someone wanted to look(And disrespected the Masons' request that such things be kept sacred).

Be like the Shriners. Put on your cool fez and let your affiliation fly.
my dads a freemason, all he seems to do when he goes out with his freemason buddies is get pissed and come back home at 3am
Original post by eternaforest
my dads a freemason, all he seems to do when he goes out with his freemason buddies is get pissed and come back home at 3am

its charitable work:rolleyes:
Original post by Ishea16
its charitable work:rolleyes:

well i dont like it :frown: he also wears this masonic apron thing around the house and some masonic gloves. It's dead embarrassing so i dont have friends come round ever :tongue:
so if anyone tells me they're a freemason i'd probably shy away from them :wink:
My attitude is vaguely negative. This is partly because of their long history of secrecy and the associated suspicion that free masons gave other free masons jobs, help and assistance to the detriment of others. At times this may well have overstepped the line into illegality - there have always been a lot of Police who were free masons and historically there has been a lot of publicity about the effects this has had. Any undue favour or leniency they have ever given fellow masons is wrong and quite probably illegal. I also find anyone dressing up in odd garments and taking part in arcane rituals a bit weird -but that only puts free masons with a lot of religions. They're welcome to do it if they like, but I must be equally welcome to think the less of them for it.
Original post by Compost
My attitude is vaguely negative. This is partly because of their long history of secrecy and the associated suspicion that free masons gave other free masons jobs, help and assistance to the detriment of others. At times this may well have overstepped the line into illegality - there have always been a lot of Police who were free masons and historically there has been a lot of publicity about the effects this has had. Any undue favour or leniency they have ever given fellow masons is wrong and quite probably illegal. I also find anyone dressing up in odd garments and taking part in arcane rituals a bit weird -but that only puts free masons with a lot of religions. They're welcome to do it if they like, but I must be equally welcome to think the less of them for it.

And on behalf of those corrupt members, I apologise profusely.

If you are desiring to submit a formal complaint regarding improper conduct on behalf of a member, rest assured, I will give you the relevant details, and the issue will be dealt with seriously.
Reply 86
Original post by Compost

I personally enjoy dressing up and participating in rituals.
Reply 87
Original post by Anonymous
And on behalf of those corrupt members, I apologise profusely.

If you are desiring to submit a formal complaint regarding improper conduct on behalf of a member, rest assured, I will give you the relevant details, and the issue will be dealt with seriously.

How do you feel about the Tennessee Grand Lodge which has been in the news this week.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2016/03/24/freemasons-tennessee-vote-uphold-ban-gay-members/82209272/

Do you have an opinion?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending