The Student Room Group

Can I write the AQA A PSYA3 exam in pencil ?

I REALLY want to write the psya3 exam for A2 psychology in pencil because I can write a lot faster in pencil compared to pen. Will my paper still be marked ???? Help
pencil will not appear when scanned for the examiners to mark unfortunately
Unit 3 is normally not marked on computer so you might be, I know that's the case with other sciences. Search it on google?
Reply 3
Original post by aimsnaywux
pencil will not appear when scanned for the examiners to mark unfortunately

Are you sure about this ?
Reply 4
Original post by Squishy•
Unit 3 is normally not marked on computer so you might be, I know that's the case with other sciences. Search it on google?

I've tried but nothing really comes up, I think I will ring up AQA myself tomorrow and ask them....
Original post by fefssdf
Are you sure about this ?

thats what I have always been told in my school by teachers however like you said you may ring up, so ring up for sure
Reply 6
Original post by aimsnaywux
thats what I have always been told in my school by teachers however like you said you may ring up, so ring up for sure

I just can't see how a sophisticated scanner wouldn't be able to pick up pencil as long as it wasn't really faint, and for maths exams they always say to use pencil for graphs ect so idk
Original post by fefssdf
I just can't see how a sophisticated scanner wouldn't be able to pick up pencil as long as it wasn't really faint, and for maths exams they always say to use pencil for graphs ect so idk

That is true what she said, you aren't normally supposed to write your questions in pencil because it doesn't show up well at all on computer however for majority of AQA sciences they allow you to write in pencil for unit 3 as it isn't marked on computer.
Reply 8
Original post by Squishy•
That is true what she said, you aren't normally supposed to write your questions in pencil because it doesn't show up well at all on computer however for majority of AQA sciences they allow you to write in pencil for unit 3 as it isn't marked on computer.

I'm so confused because on the exam it says ' write in black pen ' but then apparently you can use pencil ? And also is psychology considered a science ...
Yeah you can i used all sorts of pens and pencils they will just have to request an actual copy rather than mark it online.
Original post by fefssdf
I'm so confused because on the exam it says ' write in black pen ' but then apparently you can use pencil ? And also is psychology considered a science ...

Yeah psychology is a science but not a traditional one.
I really want to fold a waffle up and bite through it.
Reply 11
Original post by Lawbringer
Yeah you can i used all sorts of pens and pencils they will just have to request an actual copy rather than mark it online.

Ok so did you write this actual AQA psya3 exam in pencil and it was still marked ?
Original post by fefssdf
I REALLY want to write the psya3 exam for A2 psychology in pencil because I can write a lot faster in pencil compared to pen. Will my paper still be marked ???? Help

Don't waste your and their time ringing AQA, the instructions on the front of A PSYA3 paper clearly say:

Instructions Use black ink or black ball-point pen

Find a better pen instead.
Original post by fefssdf
Ok so did you write this actual AQA psya3 exam in pencil and it was still marked ?

Just save yourself the hassle and use a pen. They won't like give you a 0, but if you make life hard for them.

Quick Reply