The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5740
dont blame skrtel, sakho should have done better for all 3 goals conceded
****ing hell is Skrtel out of his league, I know he's been out injured and all but damn Martin.

Benteke and Skrtel certainly on their way out. Good riddance too.
Won't be a surprise if we finish bottom half this season. All the teams above us are far better side than us.
Original post by Zerforax
Skrtel comes on and we concede 3 goals and give away a penalty?

I really hate to say it but he's our weak link. This proved it.
Need to watch all the replays again for the goals.

Flanagan looked partly at fault for the first for losing the ball cheaply.

Think Skrtel went AWOL for the second. Can made a mistake for the second or third too.

Games like this where we missed the experienced head of Milner.

Like I've said before, we're either flying and amazing or just plain old ****. Nowhere in between. Really should've been able to control that game out.
No point using Skrtel as a scapegoat.
I agree he was garbage and made mistakes for most goals (in addition to conceding a penalty), however Sakho was turned and outpaced by Mane twice in addition to giving Pelle too much space on the edge of the area.

You could argue that breaking up the Lovren/Sakho partnership changed the game and the only person you can blame for that is Klopp. The change simply was not needed.
Klopp got it wrong bringing on Skirtle rather than Toure, hope he realises now that he shouldn't be anywhere near the team. At least we are bringing in Matip in the summer but worried that Toure will be making way rather than Skirtle. We also didn't adapt at all to that second half, Klopp has to take blame for that too although I'm not sure who on the bench could have made a difference or was simply adding an extra body in midfield enough considering our personnel.
(edited 8 years ago)
Too pissed off to watch anymore football today, not even the Manchester derby.

We were up 2-0 and lost 3-2. Regardless of the circumstances, that's embarrassing and I don't think anything else needs to be said.
Reply 5748
I'm not his biggest fan but I'm surprised by how quickly everyone is blaming Skrtel.

The whole team are as culpable as one another - we were sleeping and the whole of the second half was played in our half.
Don't worry you get to watch City thrash us now
Original post by Lúcio
How about you mock us after you've played your game?

Our seasons over m8, I'll mock you guys if we win or lose!!!
Original post by Lúcio
I agree he was garbage and made mistakes for most goals (in addition to conceding a penalty), however Sakho was turned and outpaced by Mane twice in addition to giving Pelle too much space on the edge of the area.

You could argue that breaking up the Lovren/Sakho partnership changed the game and the only person you can blame for that is Klopp. The change simply was not needed.

Skirtle didn't win the headers for both their last two goals and so was caught out of position and left Sakho to get burned. Klopp should have brought on an extra body in midfield to gain more control over the game, he was going to bring on Henderson but it was too late. Imo, we may have gotten away with a win if Skirtle wasn't on the field.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
This is a lovely game to watch.

Missed it for the Tyne/Wear :frown:

Original post by Brutum Fulmen
****ing disgusted. We got too complacent.

**** the United fans coming out their shells.

It's not just United fans laughing at you :awesome:
Original post by SentryE3D

It's not just United fans laughing at you :awesome:

Oh I know that alright...

I just detest how scum fans will show up laughing at us when they got thumped in the Europa and are playing like a pub team.

I'm laughing at Liverpool too... 2-0 up to 3-2 down is embarrassing.
Original post by Lúcio

Turned and outpaced because Skrtel didn't do his job and left Sakho exposed... twice.

If you come on to conceed 3 goals, you're the problem. I don't think anyone in the Liverpool shirt could've done better.
Mackay/Lucio -

Improved team under Klopp? All I see is the same **** with a new smile covering it all up.
Loling at the last 5 pages
Guys remember when we would be the team winning 3-2 off the back of a 0-2 scoreline? Good times ey. :awesome:

What a capitulation that was. I'm fuming tbh jghouiogyhfjfkjguih
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Mackay/Lucio -

Improved team under Klopp? All I see is the same **** with a new smile covering it all up.

We have improved we were just a bit tired today
We will be the best in a years time :smile:

Latest