The Student Room Group

Black person moans Taiwan has no diversity.

Guys this is my first post, since I just found this forum. I've been living in Taiwan since last april, and as an african-american it certainly was a bizarre experience. I'm originally from Detroit, MI, and had the opportunity to teach some english abroad. Long story short my being here is very common to most of you. That said, I have to say I'm shocked at the lack of diversity in Taiwan. It's almost all asians, a few whites and hardly any blacks. It's hard for me to see how this little island is going to progress if it keeps this up. I'm sure you all know the emotional outbursts that are a dime a dozen here, but with my skin color being so visible it seems to have an exaggerated effect whenever something like this happens to me. I wish the local government here has the courage and foresight to do more to include and welcome more diversity. I don't get how a country that's international allies are all islands filled with black people makes so little effort to understand/accommodate them. It's very frustrating, and sometimes I'm tired of being suffocated by all the Taiwanese people. Anyway, just my first post and brief summary of my feelings. What do you guys think?

http://forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=125853

my brain exploded after reading this. wtf????? can anyone make any sense what is this guy talking. What was he expecting?
I think since this guy has grown up in and lived in the US, where many people touting the word 'diversity' usually mean 'more even distribution of blacks and whites' in a country with so many races, he can't understand how a country can't be like America without taking much into account (maybe not that many blacks want to go to Taiwan to work for whatever reason, I don't know). Its like going to Japan and being surprised that 99% of the population is Japanese.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Death Grips
Always makes me lol when I see black people who live outside of the West.As a black person, your life is hard enough already in the West, why the f**k are you living in some buttf**k poverty country like Taiwan lol?

correct should go back to africa.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheArtofProtest
Black people seem to be at the bottom of the **** pile wherever they end up.

Spoiler

He isn't complaining about discrimination. . He is saying like I went to Germany and I am surprised there are so many Germans. ..? What logic does that make?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HucktheForde
Guys this is my first post, since I just found this forum. I've been living in Taiwan since last april, and as an african-american it certainly was a bizarre experience. I'm originally from Detroit, MI, and had the opportunity to teach some english abroad. Long story short my being here is very common to most of you. That said, I have to say I'm shocked at the lack of diversity in Taiwan. It's almost all asians, a few whites and hardly any blacks. It's hard for me to see how this little island is going to progress if it keeps this up. I'm sure you all know the emotional outbursts that are a dime a dozen here, but with my skin color being so visible it seems to have an exaggerated effect whenever something like this happens to me. I wish the local government here has the courage and foresight to do more to include and welcome more diversity. I don't get how a country that's international allies are all islands filled with black people makes so little effort to understand/accommodate them. It's very frustrating, and sometimes I'm tired of being suffocated by all the Taiwanese people. Anyway, just my first post and brief summary of my feelings. What do you guys think?

http://forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=125853

my brain exploded after reading this. wtf????? can anyone make any sense what is this guy talking. What was he expecting?

Western countries are the most 'diverse' in the world then.

This only makes sense once you realise that 'diversity' means more black people. People do not care if there are more jews or more polish people, not at all.
Original post by TheArtofProtest
Black people seem to be at the bottom of the **** pile wherever they end up.

Spoiler

Funded by our blanket foreign aid budget :/
As a black person, your life is hard enough already in the West, why the f**k are you living in some buttf**k poverty country like Taiwan lol?

I'm sure you're getting Taiwan mixed up with another country as I don't think you're choosing to be this dense on purpose.
Reply 7
America was founded on diversity and immigration and yet the multicultural brigade are the first to attack it. It's nice to see someone trying to export American values elsewhere...
Reply 8
Original post by balanced
Western countries are the most 'diverse' in the world then.

This only makes sense once you realise that 'diversity' means more black people. People do not care if there are more jews or more polish people, not at all.

I do, can't remember the last time I dated a pure English bird, love my Irish and Polish friends, the original meaning of diversity definitely needs to make a comeback.
Original post by MrDystopia
I'm sure you're getting Taiwan mixed up with another country as I don't think you're choosing to be this dense on purpose.

oh sheeet, thanks for red pill brah. Just discovered Taiwan's GDP per capita is 76% of the UK's. I guess it's not buttf*** poverty.

But my point still stands, bar a few exceptions like Taiwan, most of the world is backward and poverty relative to the West.
oh sheeet, thanks for red pill brah. Just discovered Taiwan's GDP per capita is 76% of the UK's. I guess it's not buttf*** poverty.

But my point still stands, bar a few exceptions like Taiwan, most of the world is backward and poverty relative to the West.

Please don't travel internationally. I beg you.

Original post by MrDystopia

first thing springs to mind is India

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest