The Student Room Group

How are your a-levels going?

Scroll to see replies

Honestly finding them great, I've had a few slip ups but French and German are really easy for me, English is ehh but still predicted an A (optimistic), General Studies is a breeze, and Classics is okay EXCEPT WE HAVE AN ENTIRE PLAY LEFT
Oh, and I have four exams on one day
under 3 months to exam time and I'm feeling the least motivated than I have since reception tbh *sighs*
Reply 42
Original post by Student403
Ask about any doubts and don't push it over.

Sounds simple but it really helps to look up little things you don't understand instead of thinking "Oh it's fine it won't come up in the exam". A) You'll guarantee understanding of the full syllabus B) You'll probably find out a hundred other new things - some of which are very useful to know

brill! thank you :h:
Reply 43
Original post by cookiemunch
under 3 months to exam time and I'm feeling the least motivated than I have since reception tbh *sighs*

tbh I find myself less motivated this year than last, teachers say its one last push really but still. Perhaps I am just so used to my school - day in day out the same thing been there 7 years and my final year is this year, hope to find my full motivation sometime soon!!!
Every day is a challenge :redface: but I'm getting there, Maths is a pain in the backside though lol
Hey there! My A-levels are going pretty well, although Psychology is killing my soul. Too much memorising to do.... Wishing everyone luck with their upcoming exams btw!!! May we all survive.... :borat:
I haven't slept for 18 hours straight because I left a coursework project until literally the last day.
Reply 47
Original post by Parasite
Hey there! My A-levels are going pretty well, although Psychology is killing my soul. Too much memorising to do.... Wishing everyone luck with their upcoming exams btw!!! May we all survive.... :borat:

ah psychology I feel your pain, as or a2? currently studying a2 myself
Reply 48
Original post by Asiimov
I haven't slept for 18 hours straight because I left a coursework project until literally the last day.

oh my :eek:
Original post by aimsnaywux
brill! thank you :h:

You're welcome :smile:
Amazing
me trying to get "C" grades....
ah psychology I feel your pain, as or a2? currently studying a2 myself

A2 aha... how are you coping with Unit 4 at the moment?
Reply 53
A2 aha... how are you coping with Unit 4 at the moment?

unit 4 if I am correct involves research methods? my teacher taught the units the other way around. If so unit 4 I'm doing good with I think, yourself?
Yeah I'm doing good with Unit 4 although we just started research methods which kinda sucks so I'm slightly nervous. We did Unit 3 first :'(, I would have preferred it to be the other way round!! What Unit 3 and 4 topics are you doing? Mine are:

Unit 3: Relationships, Sleep and Gender
Unit 4: Addiction, Schizophrenia and, of course, research methods

Hopefully these exams bless us so good luck! :biggrin:
I feel l like I'm on the cusp of something big- either complete failure or actually doing well. I'm so close to everything finally clicking together. It's really frustrating, as at least in year 12 I actually had my life together...and this time, my university prospects and entire future is depending on me getting my **** together. :eek:
pretty meh lol
Reply 57
Well my A-levels are going well i guess. Maths is going great like i'm pretty sure i'll get and a at the end of AS. With Chemistry it's somewhat tricky sometimes and I think i'll get at least a B if I put in all the work and do the recent past papers and in the Easter holidays go to the library in the morning and come back in the evening. Where as Physics is super hard and I think I'll get a B but I might be pushing it. However I know if i push my self and ask the teacher for help whenever he's available I'll get at least a B at the end of AS. btw i'm doing the as exams for chem and physics.
Reply 58
Title says it all really, how are your a-levels going? strengths and challenges you're finding? feel free to share anything about how are your a-levels going.

Really well actually, which is a surprise since I thought I would be terrible at everything. I think I chose the right subjects which is making it a LOT easier, I love all of my subjects: Art, Photography, Film Studies and RS. The hardest one is RS for sure but I'm just about coping with the homework load:closedeyes:
Reply 59
Yeah I'm doing good with Unit 4 although we just started research methods which kinda sucks so I'm slightly nervous. We did Unit 3 first :'(, I would have preferred it to be the other way round!! What Unit 3 and 4 topics are you doing? Mine are:

Unit 3: Relationships, Sleep and Gender
Unit 4: Addiction, Schizophrenia and, of course, research methods

Hopefully these exams bless us so good luck! :biggrin:

Unit 3: relationships, eating behaviour and aggression.
Unit 4: Schizophrenia, media and research methods.

Good luck also :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest