The Student Room Group

I'm fed up with the daily mails islamophobia and racism

The daily mail is constantly publishing anti refugee or anti muslim articles like this one to try and portray all muslims as barbaric savages. Despite the fact these muslims are a small minority of extreme shia (like president Assad who the mail supports), they are trying to stir up trouble against the muslim population as a whole which is why the UK is becoming such a racist uncomfortable place to be recently.

Additionally their rhetoric about the refugees has made the attitude in this country to the greatest humanitarian crisis since World war two disgusting. They generalise all refugees as rapists and Jihadis just because of a few bad apples and for some reason seem to believe that because some refugees are male they are cowards and for some reason incapable of fleeing Assads barbarity.

A combination of these two factors has made it so the UK has not had a serious response to the refugee crisis making the plight of these poor people even worse. I am fed up with this rag and think it should be banned for inciting hatred, anyone else agree?

Scroll to see replies

What do you expect?

Why are you paying attention to the DM anyway?
The only people who read DM are plebs and builders. Who cares what rubbish they tell them?
Original post by intelligent con
The daily mail is constantly publishing anti refugee or anti muslim articles like this one to try and portray all muslims as barbaric savages. Despite the fact these muslims are a small minority of extreme shia (like president Assad who the mail supports), they are trying to stir up trouble against the muslim population as a whole which is why the UK is becoming such a racist uncomfortable place to be recently.

Additionally their rhetoric about the refugees has made the attitude in this country to the greatest humanitarian crisis since World war two disgusting. They generalise all refugees as rapists and Jihadis just because of a few bad apples and for some reason seem to believe that because some refugees are male they are cowards and for some reason incapable of fleeing Assads barbarity.

A combination of these two factors has made it so the UK has not had a serious response to the refugee crisis making the plight of these poor people even worse. I am fed up with this rag and think it should be banned for inciting hatred, anyone else agree?

There is no point trying to reason with DM stuff.
Reply 4
Sounds about right. The Daily Mail must have a correspondent on Migration. It also bashes people on benefits. The DM runs on phobia and hate.

I agree, its really piss taking! But who gives a f about the Daily Mail. We know the truth that is all that matters on judgement day!
Then don't read it. Simple.
Reply 7
Their comment section is something to laugh about though, if I do say so myself.
Don't you love it when a bunch of bigots gather around to sprout their hatred?
Reply 8
Daily Hate Mail have two goals: make people angry, and make other people miserable. Reporting credibility is weak in the face of agenda.

How they stay in business is a joke the universe shares with no one.
You speak as though Islamaphobia is irrational???
Original post by A$aprocky
The only people who read DM are plebs and builders. Who cares what rubbish they tell them?

Because they still have a right to vote.

And I'm sick of the media that tries to cover up or downplay crimes which are committed by migrants/muslims. What should we do?
Original post by subject1
It is as rational as any other phobia based on a certain group of people.

It also means the hatred of Islam which can be entirely justifiable.

Whilst I think DM is a terrible paper full of propaganda your response is quite offensive as you are stereotyping people you don't like and therefore saying they are DM readers.

lol What planet do you live on? DM is known as the middle-class housewives' paper. Builders?! Where did you get that from?

Builders are good men who have a valuable trade, work long and hard for their living, and will always be useful both in the workplace and outside of it. Unlike young adults (who are really kids) who decide to study sociology or history or even worse, women's studies, at liberal universities for four years.
(edited 8 years ago)

That's a really stupid thing to say. It's a trick to fool idiots into thinking that disliking Islam is similar to hating people such as homosexuals (homophobia). The obvious difference being that hating people based on what they cannot help is bad and could be a phobia (as it is irrational) but hating on Islam (a dogma and set of beliefs) is hardly the same. Plus Muslims choose to be Muslim. They choose to follow the dogma of Islam.

What you're doing (and what those who shriek about "Islamiphobia" are doing) are attempting to shut down all criticism and debate about the dogma of Islam. Only retards fall for it fortunately.
Reply 17
i agree.

Is Naziphobia irrational?
Original post by drbluebox
Whilst I think DM is a terrible paper full of propaganda your response is quite offensive as you are stereotyping people you don't like and therefore saying they are DM readers.

Original post by KimKallstrom
lol What planet do you live on? DM is known as the middle-class housewives' paper. Builders?! Where did you get that from?

Original post by SirMilkSheikh
Builders are good men who have a valuable trade, work long and hard for their living, and will always be useful both in the workplace and outside of it. Unlike young adults (who are really kids) who decide to study sociology or history or even worse, women's studies, at liberal universities for four years.

I'm sorry if i've offended anyone, my point is that people who read the tabloid garbage probably read it for its simplicity and sensationalism that other less biased papers fail to give. Its all fine until the idiots who read it believe the rubbish.

Quick Reply

Latest