The Student Room Group

Can someone please read my Law Personal statement for me?

Scroll to see replies

Isn't it common sense to not send your PS to people you don't know?
Reply 21
Original post by Legendary Quest
Isn't it common sense to not send your PS to people you don't know?

I need to give it in at 9, I didn't think anyone would create a personal statement from mine in 2 hours.

And even if they do submit in the near future, it's theirs that would be classified as the plagiarised one, not mine.
Original post by jamestg
A place at uni isn't worth the risk.

You spend years working towards it and you cock it up because someone else did something with it. How gutting would that be?

Come on, PSs are nearly identical anyway. They'd just need to change two sentences to get it back past the plagiarism checks, assuming that a third party would be so odious and spiteful to post it online or otherwise misuse it.
Reply 23
Original post by Paktriot
I need to give it in at 9, I didn't think anyone would create a personal statement from mine in 2 hours.

And even if they do submit in the near future, it's theirs that would be classified as the plagiarised one, not mine.

Dont do it.
Reply 24
Original post by Thomb
Dont do it.

Only because you said it nicely
Reply 25
Only because you said it nicely

Seriously don't do it.
I'm a third year law student about to finish my degree. If you need someone to read it i'm more than happy to read over it tomorrow. If you don't feel comfortable sending it to a stranger over the fear of plagarism then don't worry about it. Its up to you though, i'm here if you want my help.

EDIT: I just realised you said it needed to be in at 9. I could have a quick read through now if you wish. Again, your choice.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by DanielJames
I'm a third year law student about to finish my degree. If you need someone to read it i'm more than happy to read over it tomorrow. If you don't feel comfortable sending it to a stranger over the fear of plagarism then don't worry about it. Its up to you though, i'm here if you want my help.

EDIT: I just realised you said it needed to be in at 9. I could have a quick read through now if you wish. Again, your choice.

What uni?
Reply 28
Original post by Thomb
Seriously don't do it.

I won't.
Reply 29
I won't.

Some people on here are complete tossers they'll mess you up just for the LoLs.
Original post by LLB gets the V
What uni?

I don't particularly wish to say here, all I will say is that its in the South East of the country.
I don't particularly wish to say here, all I will say is that its in the South East of the country.

So it could be London Met or Cambridge.
So it could be London Met or Cambridge.

No, since London met is in London and Cambridge is near enough the midlands.
Reply 33
Original post by Thomb
Some people on here are complete tossers they'll mess you up just for the LoLs.

I understand. I'm just really desperate.
No, since London met is in London and Cambridge is near enough the midlands.

And both of them are in the South East. Kent?

Which unis are you applying to?
Reply 36

I'd just do my best and keep my fingers crossed personally.

What area of law do you want to go into?
And both of them are in the South East. Kent?

Hmmmm. I don't understand what you are getting at. The names kind of give it away. Cambridge is in Cambridge, and London MET is in London?
Reply 38
Which unis are you applying to?

I'm an international student so I'm applying through a guidance counsellor who's going to tell me my university options as soon as he's got all my relevant documents.

Original post by Thomb
I'd just do my best and keep my fingers crossed personally.

What area of law do you want to go into?

I actually want a career in politics but want to do a geberal LLB degree.

I've mentioned I want to get into politics and why getting a law degree would benefit me, but idk if that's going to offend them or something because they'd be like why don't you just study politics.
I'll happily read it and edit it for you. As @goodbloke has said (incidentally, I'm sure they read my PS about 6/7 years ago?), it's generally a pretty bad idea to send your PS to strangers but I'm a graduate and have applied to university 3 times successfully (4 if you count my LLB application which I received offers for but declined to take a gap year and apply for Philosophy). I'm starting my 2nd degree and 3rd university course this Sept so I have no reason to do anything improper with or to your PS and it wouldn't benefit me in anyway from seeing your Law statement since I'm a science student and Philosophy grad.

I've also got about 7-8 years worth of post history on TSR to prove I've already been to university and I don't need a Law statement for myself. Anyhow, if you decide to send it to a stranger, I'm one of the most trustworthy you'll find and as I've said, I've got experience of the PS and UCAS application in general.

Feel like I'm pitching on Dragon's Den here. Just don't send it to a new member with a low post count who you know absolutely nothing about. I've sent my CV and uni applications to people over TSR in the past - I just picked very carefully and it was fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending