The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MezmorisedPotato
I know right! I have friends just like that who mock me about revision! But I just follow the idea a good work ethic can create wonders!

Yep! Couldn't agree more. Only issue is that I feel that some of my teachers mock me like my friends do - but I wonder if they still will be mocking me after results day. If I get my way they won't be :smile:

Keep up the great work - you have a fabulous work ethic :biggrin:
Original post by brainzistheword
Haha I really like em - just don't tell my friends or I'll never hear the end of it :smile:

Just out of curiosity. Are you male or female? I ask this because I've found that mostly girls like Nickelback. I'm the only boy in the school that listens to this kind of music and everyone says I should go out with certain girls because they listen to the same type of music. It's kind of annoying now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep! Couldn't agree more. Only issue is that I feel that some of my teachers mock me like my friends do - but I wonder if they still will be mocking me after results day. If I get my way they won't be :smile:

Keep up the great work - you have a fabulous work ethic :biggrin:

I can revise for hours if I've got the right music playing in the background. As soon as I hear my sister listening to some rubbish pop song, I get distracted. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
UPDATE FOR 20/03/16 I spoke to Zoe about everyone uploading the amount of revision they do per day and she kindly said ‘yes’therefore here it is. I didn’t do a lot today because I was out for a while andspent an hour washing my hair but managed to still do some.

1. did a past paper on English Language and I got an A for 2 hours
2. Finished statistics coursework conclusion.
3. Did few notes on Psychology topic C managed to memorise key terms
4. Looked at key themes and characters on Of Mice and Men
5. French Controlled Assessment (Finally finished it)
6. Notes on Physics Unit 1
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
I can revise for hours if I've got the right music playing in the background. As soon as I hear my sister listening to some rubbish pop song, I get distracted. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah. There's only one teacher that mocks me. He says that I need to stop being a Maverick. I told him to stop being Goose. I hope you get the joke.🙏

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nisha.sri
UPDATE FOR 20/03/16 I spoke to Zoe about everyone uploading the amount of revision they do per day and she kindly said ‘yes’therefore here it is. I didn’t do a lot today because I was out for a while andspent an hour washing my hair but managed to still do some.

Well done. When you guys say unit 1 are you talking about Physics P1 out of 7 or are you guys talking about something else?Is this a different examining board?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just out of curiosity. Are you male or female? I ask this because I've found that mostly girls like Nickelback. I'm the only boy in the school that listens to this kind of music and everyone says I should go out with certain girls because they listen to the same type of music. It's kind of annoying now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a girl but it shouldn't matter what gender listens to what music really - if you like them you like them :smile:

My dad likes them (not that it's much consellation)

I'm the only girl in my classes who likes Bon Jovi though, so it doesn't really matter I guess. I also like country and boy do I get mocked for liking that!!

I completely get why it is getting annoying for you :smile:
I'm going to keep you guys up to date on my ball busting 2 week revision session.

I'm going to start from this Friday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha lol - luckily my brother has these things called headphones :wink: which saves me the agony of his music taste :biggrin:
I'm a girl but it shouldn't matter what gender listens to what music really - if you like them you like them :smile:

My dad likes them (not that it's much consellation)

I'm the only girl in my classes who likes Bon Jovi though, so it doesn't really matter I guess. I also like country and boy do I get mocked for liking that!!

I completely get why it is getting annoying for you :smile:

You like Bon Jovi 😍😍😍 Do you like the cure ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nisha.sri

You've done a lot well done - just wondering though - how can someone spend an hour washing hair (I dont think I've ever spent more than about 20 minutes on it:biggrin:)
Yeah. There's only one teacher that mocks me. He says that I need to stop being a Maverick. I told him to stop being Goose. I hope you get the joke.🙏

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yes I do :smile:

I'm going to keep you guys up to date on my ball busting 2 week revision session.

I'm going to start from this Friday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please do - I'd love to know how you get on

You like Bon Jovi 😍😍😍 Do you like the cure ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I like Bon Jovi and Guns N Roses. I have heard a few songs by The Cure and they aren't too bad, they sound quite similar to the Killers I think?

Metallica ain't bad either :smile:
Haha yes I do :smile:

Please do - I'd love to know how you get on

Yeah I like Bon Jovi and Guns N Roses. I have heard a few songs by The Cure and they aren't too bad, they sound quite similar to the Killers I think?

Metallica ain't bad either :smile:

Man. You're my type of girl in terms of taste in music. I love all of those bands. Have you heard of The Calling?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Man. You're my type of girl in terms of taste in music. I love all of those bands. Have you heard of The Calling?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha that's nice to know :smile: and when you say The Calling you mean the same band who did Wherever You Will Go? I've heard of them and I quite like em
Haha that's nice to know :smile: and when you say The Calling you mean the same band who did Wherever You Will Go? I've heard of them and I quite like em

Yep. That's the one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep. That's the one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:biggrin:

I've only heard a few of theirs like Wherever You Will Go, Anything and Our Lives (I think that's their names) and I like them so far - might have to go and have a look for some more on YouTube :smile:
:biggrin:

I've only heard a few of theirs like Wherever You Will Go, Anything and Our Lives (I think that's their names) and I like them so far - might have to go and have a look for some more on YouTube :smile:

Unstoppable, could it be any harder and things don't always turn out that way are my favourite.

Posted from TSR Mobile
And wherever you will go as well😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unstoppable, could it be any harder and things don't always turn out that way are my favourite.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And wherever you will go as well😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will definitely have to check them out :smile:
Well done. When you guys say unit 1 are you talking about Physics P1 out of 7 or are you guys talking about something else?Is this a different examining board?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The board i do for science is aqa and because i do triple science there is e.g Biology Unit 1,2,3 and Physics 1,2,3 and chemistry 1,2,3
Basically 9 exams for science overall yayy -not

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending