The Student Room Group

Finished uni now bored

Scroll to see replies

Original post by redleader1
As the title says I graduated last summer with a 2.1 and now im working in a some what relevant job role, its not bad but its not demanding enough for me, the pay is decent too, my main job role would be either the police or teaching but I would rather go into the police, ive submitted my application form for a full time officer and if that doesnt work i'll do some voluntary work.

But im so bored its my day off but bloody hell instead of the relief im just sat at home, I meet my friends here and there. But I just miss that intensity of uni and the feeling of accomplishment. Fair enough its nice not to have the stress of uni but it just seems so dull.

What can I do ? Does anyone else feel like this :frown:

Find a job abroad like Dubai, Abu Dhabi?
Reply 21
Try doing some free online courses (MOOCs)? I've done a couple recently, run by Leicester and Southampton Unis. The basic content is pitched at a general audience, but the accompanying material allows you to go into a lot more depth if you want to. Interactions with the uni staff and facilitators on the discussion boards were very interesting. You can buy completion certificates if you want them, but they're otherwise free. I used FutureLearn, but there are others.
Original post by Klix88
Try doing some free online courses (MOOCs)? I've done a couple recently, run by Leicester and Southampton Unis. The basic content is pitched at a general audience, but the accompanying material allows you to go into a lot more depth if you want to. Interactions with the uni staff and facilitators on the discussion boards were very interesting. You can buy completion certificates if you want them, but they're otherwise free. I used FutureLearn, but there are others.

How exactly do they work, are there tests? And do you know how much the completion certificates are?

I had no idea these existed.
Reply 23
As the title says I graduated last summer with a 2.1 and now im working in a some what relevant job role, its not bad but its not demanding enough for me, the pay is decent too, my main job role would be either the police or teaching but I would rather go into the police, ive submitted my application form for a full time officer and if that doesnt work i'll do some voluntary work.

But im so bored its my day off but bloody hell instead of the relief im just sat at home, I meet my friends here and there. But I just miss that intensity of uni and the feeling of accomplishment. Fair enough its nice not to have the stress of uni but it just seems so dull.

What can I do ? Does anyone else feel like this :frown:

Follow your dreams of becoming a fisherman.
Original post by Eriasu
Follow your dreams of becoming a fisherman.

Fisherman ?
Reply 25
Fisherman ?

Yes my friend, follow your real dream, becoming the best fisherman there is!
x

Challenge yourself in something such as joining the gym, learning martial arts
or improving yourself in something/overcoming a fear.
Original post by Azhar Rana
Find a job abroad like Dubai, Abu Dhabi?

Na too far I would rather stay her in the UK
Na too far I would rather stay her in the UK

Alright :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by SophieSmall
How exactly do they work, are there tests? And do you know how much the completion certificates are?

I had no idea these existed.

There are occasional quick multiple choice tests, but they're just so you can check your progress if you want to. You can just skip past them if you're not interested. They don't carry formal credits, so there are no exams or anything like that.

The completion certs for the two I did were £35 each I think. I didn't bother buying them, as I was just doing them for the interest.
Doing that, its ok when I see results but its only like and hour there and then back home.

Hit Jim
Reply 31
Original post by Paktriot
Get married

He asked for advice on how to cure boredom not make it.
Original post by Paktriot
Get married

Not interested sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Start a religion and start selling tshirts on it

Posted from TSR Mobile
...i know what you mean. i'm still at uni, but, i've always wondered what would happen after it. i've always wondered what id do with myself. a downfall to the education system, is that, it's all we've ever known. we get addicted to the lifestyle. it becomes a painful, isolating (as we see our friends we have known for years, jusst drop off to chase other quests), addictive drug. after it, we feel sort of... empty. useless. unfulfilled with our lives.

for now (until i can get a better answer myself); i'd just say: to keep chasing. don't get comfortable. don't allow yourself that luxury. you've graduated? good. now see if you can obtain a masters. you have a masters? good now see if it would be worth it to obtain a phd. if not, get back to uni and study another degree that you would be interested in taking to that phd level. don't settle for mediocre.
Bloody hell its happening again.:frown:
Become pregnant... You will be so occupied with pregnancy and then the baby that boredom will become a thing of the past.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by peanutbuttercup
Become pregnant... You will be so occupied with pregnancy and then the baby that boredom will become a thing of the past.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im a guy
Try something new. Search for some hobbies you can try out. Volunteer for charities, take up a sport, do something creative, travel!
Im a guy

Oh.. Erm impregnate someone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending