The Student Room Group

Anybody else here waiting for USA university decisions?!

I'm kind of nervous as 1st April is coming up..time sure does fly by.

Got rejected by MIT on Pi day so there's that lol. Rejected by Columbia as well and just waiting for Stanford now... >.<But I have no hope for that either, but yeah guess it will be either LSE or UCL for me :3
Anyone else in this "situation" :P?
Original post by frognation22
I'm kind of nervous as 1st April is coming up..time sure does fly by.

Got rejected by MIT on Pi day so there's that lol. Rejected by Columbia as well and just waiting for Stanford now... >.<But I have no hope for that either, but yeah guess it will be either LSE or UCL for me :3
Anyone else in this "situation" :P?

What were you SAT/ACT scores?
Original post by zetamcfc
What were you SAT/ACT scores?

I chose to take the ACT! Got a solid 12 for the essay part, and a 33 in total. Did you take the SAT?
I chose to take the ACT! Got a solid 12 for the essay part, and a 33 in total. Did you take the SAT?

Pretty decent score that isn't? And no, I have not taken it, but I am always curious of different exam systems :smile:

Any idea why you were rejected? According to Google your ACT score is way above average
Original post by anonwinner
Any idea why you were rejected? According to Google your ACT score is way above average

Sadly, I've no idea. I agree, it is a well-above average ACT score, but for schools like MIT and Columbia, nearly all of their students have received at least 33 on their ACT examinations

I think its partly because they have around 35k applicants, with 95% of whom have just as stellar academics. With that in mind and the low number of students they accept (and their undergraduate admissions is central so all applicants are subject to the same admissions rate :/ ), they have to really be able to distinguish students through reference letters, extra-curriculars, university essays :/

So I guess I wasn't able to compete with the rest of the applicants in that sense. >.<

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending