The Student Room Group

Should I tell him I like him???

So I've liked this guy for about a year now and I'm relatively certain he likes me to but he is very shy! I have stupidly missed my chance to tell him how I feel in person and now won't see him for about eight weeks or so! I was thinking of telling him by message because I really don't want to miss my chance but at the same time I'm worried it seems creepy or weird!? I was thinking of saying something along the lines of

"hey! I realise this is probably quite unexpected and I'm not certain why I'm telling you this but I like you and have for a while now! I know we don't know each other very well but I didn't want to ignore how I felt anymore! Sorry if this makes you feel uncomfortable but I wanted to be honest with you! "

So what do you guys think? Is it weird to send that message? Guys what would you think of a girl that sent you that?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
So I've liked this guy for about a year now and I'm relatively certain he likes me to but he is very shy! I have stupidly missed my chance to tell him how I feel in person and now won't see him for about eight weeks or so! I was thinking of telling him by message because I really don't want to miss my chance but at the same time I'm worried it seems creepy or weird!? I was thinking of saying something along the lines of

"hey! I realise this is probably quite unexpected and I'm not certain why I'm telling you this but I like you and have for a while now! I know we don't know each other very well but I didn't want to ignore how I felt anymore! Sorry if this makes you feel uncomfortable but I wanted to be honest with you! "

So what do you guys think? Is it weird to send that message? Guys what would you think of a girl that sent you that?

Sounds good, but maybe you could change your strategy.

Get chatting to him, find out a bit about him, and then tell him how you feel if you're still feeling it and then maybe, closer to the time, you'd like to see him again in person.
maybe get rid of some of the exclamation marks but yeah definitely do it :biggrin:
Reply 3
I like you will do, none of this other stuff, I was so bored by the time you confessed your love for me I was flirting with another girl on fb
Reply 4
Original post by whorace
I like you will do, none of this other stuff, I was so bored by the time you confessed your love for me I was flirting with another girl on fb

Haha okay I see what you mean! I just thought it seemed really random and needed some justification. 😄
Reply 5
Original post by defenestrated
maybe get rid of some of the exclamation marks but yeah definitely do it :biggrin:

Okay will do! Thanks for your opinion. 😃
Reply 6

Could you include things you like about him? Also maybe saying you would like to get to know him better. You could say 'i wanted to tell you in person but couldn't and i didn't want to wait 8 weeks to say this, i think you are amazing etc.... if you tell him what you like about him might sound very sweet.

Let us know how it goes think its cute what you doing :smile:
Reply 7
I agree with these other folks, tell him and get it over with. As another shy guy I can tell you he'd be delighted to read that message whether he likes you back or not
JUST DO IT - Shia Laboeuf
Reply 9
Original post by C-rated
I agree with these other folks, tell him and get it over with. As another shy guy I can tell you he'd be delighted to read that message whether he likes you back or not

Okay thank you! That has made me feel better about doing this! 😃
Original post by chikane
Could you include things you like about him? Also maybe saying you would like to get to know him better. You could say 'i wanted to tell you in person but couldn't and i didn't want to wait 8 weeks to say this, i think you are amazing etc.... if you tell him what you like about him might sound very sweet.

Let us know how it goes think its cute what you doing :smile:

That's a good idea actually. I think I will definitely say something like that. Thank you! 😄
Please do it OP. I love reading these 'I like him but he's too shy' stories.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seriously just tell him.
Original post by aware1
Go for it, though I think its much better in person than over message. I would also trim the message, remove the exclamation marks into this instead

"hey! I realise this is quite unexpected, I'm not certain why I'm telling you this but I like you and have for a while now. I know we don't know each other very well. Sorry if this makes you feel uncomfortable but I wanted to be honest."

You could also ask if they wanted to have a coffee or lunch. That usually works well.

Okay thank you. I realise it would have been better in person but my nerves got the better of me and now it will be a while before I see him in person again.
Original post by qwerty_mad
Please do it OP. I love reading these 'I like him but he's too shy' stories.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah im definitely going to tell him this time. I don't want to regret never telling him how I feel. 😃
Original post by Rock Fan
Seriously just tell him.

So as a guy you wouldn't mind a girl telling you like that?
Could be awkward.

But if he is shy he will probably appreciate it.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. :wink:
Original post by stefano865
Could be awkward.

But if he is shy he will probably appreciate it.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. :wink:

Will it still be awkward if he likes me back? Anything I can do to make It less awkward?
Will it still be awkward if he likes me back? Anything I can do to make It less awkward?

Get him a bit drunk? :tongue:

On second thoughts I think telling someone you 'like' them is not ideal tbh.

Ask him out on a date. This will obviously make your interest clear.

Then eventually show him how much you 'like' him with a nice kiss. :h:

It's only awkward really if you don't know him and you're just popping up like "hey I like you" out of no wear. Just say what you were going to say and add "do you want to go out for drink/lunch whatever" since its 8 weeks

Quick Reply

Latest