The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zKlown
Royal Armouries.

Luke, bring your sister. Mad ting.

E.
Also lol @ those saying Mata is bad.
Mata is not bad. He still spends a lot of time doing very little on the field.
Just noticed Liverpool lost. Lel.
Couldn't watch the game and didn't even have a chance to check the scoreline but just seen we won ****ing 1-0. Rashford is a legend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rk2k14
Also lol @ those saying Mata is bad.

Original post by NathanW18
Mata is not bad. He still spends a lot of time doing very little on the field.

No one has said he was bad. As Nathan has pointed out, he doesn't contribute as much on the field as say Herrera. He's a class player but for me he doesn't do much, even if he gets an ocassional goal or assist I still feel he should be doing more. Also, he disappears when the going gets tough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
No one has said he was bad. As Nathan has pointed out, he doesn't contribute as much on the field as say Herrera. He's a class player but for me he doesn't do much, even if he gets an ocassional goal or assist I still feel he should be doing more. Also, he disappears when the going gets tough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

BS statement. Put them in the same position and Mata ****s on Herrera.
Fact that he has to come so deep inside his own half to get the ball says it all. We play too deep. Get him running in the final third and he'll do the damage. Like today.
Going was tough and he delivered.

By your logic 95% of the team disappears when the going gets tough...
Reply 6767
Raaaaaaaaaaaashford!
Original post by Rk2k14
Fact that he has to come so deep inside his own half to get the ball says it all. We play too deep. Get him running in the final third and he'll do the damage. Like today.

There's so many cases where he hasn't influenced the game even in his favoured number 10 spot so I don't see how it's a BS statement. I never said he won't **** on Herrera in the same position, you seem to misunderstand my post. I said he doesn't contribute enough or the way Herrera would and he's no where close to the form he's shown for Chelsea. Continually have said this and we even had this arguement before. Its my opinion and feel free to disagree.

Yes the whole team does and only possibly Smalling, De Gea and Martial are fit to wear the United shirt. We have a team where when the pressure is on, they have usually fell apart this season. Actually possibly none of the players would even get into our 07/08 team (which is the level we should be aspiring to get back to) maybe De Gea would.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
There's so many cases where he hasn't influenced the game even in his favoured number 10 spot so I don't see how it's a BS statement. I never said he won't **** on Herrera in the same position, you seem to misunderstand my post. I said he doesn't contribute enough or the way Herrera would and he's no where close to the form he's shown for Chelsea. Continually have said this and we even had this arguement before. Its my opinion and feel free to disagree.

Yes the whole team does and only possibly Smalling, De Gea and Martial are fit to wear the United shirt. We have a team where when the pressure is on, they have usually fell apart this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Point being a player playing in a B2B position will have more influence. To use Herrera as an example is quite poor given he's worse in a no10 position.
Not influencing a game is different to not "contributing as much". His stats are amazing and even though he hasn't hit the Chelsea heights he's still done well considering he spent the majority of his United career out wide.
Original post by Rk2k14
Point being a player playing in a B2B position will have more influence. To use Herrera as an example is quite poor given he's worse in a no10 position.
Not influencing a game is different to not "contributing as much". His stats are amazing and even though he hasn't hit the Chelsea heights he's still done well considering he spent the majority of his United career out wide.

No again you misunderstand my point. I'm not comparing Mata as a number 10 and Herrera as a B2B. Also, when I said contribute I was referring to influence on a game. I'm saying I'd prefer Herrera there in the number 10 role in comparison to Mata because he'd offer more like he'd get stuck in and offer more energy. He can play killer balls like Mata (albeit not as well) and has better mobility. I understand that you'd say that isn't the requirements for a number 10 but for me I'd much prefer Herrera doing a role there. Mata feels like a luxury player who'd thrive in a ready made team full of class players but that's not what we have atm. That's just my two cents.

EDIT: I kinda understand your argument when you've said its unfair to compare those two since Herrera is conditioned to be a B2B and Mata a number 10 but I prefer the qualities Herrera would bring compared to Mata in that role, that's my argument. I feel he'd contribute (again in terms of influence) more due to his all round style of play whereas Mata will have moments of brilliance here and there to win a game. Both have their advantages but I'd personally prefer Herrera.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Valencia have lost yet again and since appointing Gary they've slipped into a relegation fight from only being a few points off top 4 before him. I hope our board see that appointing Giggs who has no experience of managing could turn out like that for us. Obviously it may be unfair to judge him like that since he hasn't been given a chance but we aren't in a position to just give him such a chance. Next manager is vital to getting us back on track or else we'll forever be stuck outside of the top 4 and not challenging for the title and trophies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good win - I hate you guys
Original post by Rk2k14

Mata was good early in the game when he had space. As soon as Fernando came on, it was the same Mata we've been accustomed to seeing.
MOTD starting with the nothing Liverpool/Southampton match rather than one of the two huge derbies or even the match involving the title challengers. Great.
I couldn't bear to watch your game after such an embarrassing loss earlier. We're you good value for the win?

Not sure whether I'd prefer you to win the FA Cup for the extra EL spot or to get top 4 for pure bants when Pep joins without CL at City :biggrin:
Original post by ozzyoscy
MOTD starting with the nothing Liverpool/Southampton match rather than one of the two huge derbies or even the match involving the title challengers. Great.

Tbf it's called exciting football.
Original post by Lúcio
Tbf it's called exciting football.

Can't you tell how excited I am watching this?

It's just shots and goals, there was nothing particularly special about the play, and it was the least important match of the day.

Which kinda goes against the title! (Pun wasn't intended.)
Not surprised Oliver bottled the penalty decision, probably worried Joe Hart would headbutt him again! City, not the first time in the last 18 months, were poor. Fully expected them to turn up in a derby game and Aguero was the only one to show some fighting spirit but didn't have his shooting boots on. We've got a real good chance to try and nab a top four place at City's expense as they are struggling massively and I don't see how they're going to pick up their performances to win games plus with injuries to Hart added to Kompany's absence. Carrick had a good game today, solid captain's performance and Rashford took his goal nicely (just me that felt Hart could have done better?). A boring international break sadly.
He will "rest" Schneiderlin and start Fellaini next game

Latest