The Student Room Group

Can you be racist to a White Person? (POLL)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IAmNero
So if I said the n word (normally I would use it but mods) then people would have an issue, but apparently gringo is okay because it's slang?

The N word is a play on the word negro, which is the word for black, so by all definition that is simply just slang!

Yes but 'negro' (feel horrible even writing it!) was also used to describe black people as slaves which is massively offensive so you shouldn't say it. Surely you already know that?
Original post by PrincePaul56777
Since when have I lumped all white people together ?

Remember it is whites who draw the line between themselves and everyone else. They are the ones who apply the colour line and all the injustice that goes with it. They are making themselves White and yet they do not want to be seen as White.

Are you being serious? Literally in this post.

"Remember, it is whites who...'
Original post by kkboyk
Anyone that says no are an idiot, and do not know the definition of racism.

but what is an example of a way you can be racist to a white person? in my opinion you cant be racist to a white person. Clearly you yourself do not know the definition of racism. "Racism refers to a host of practices, beliefs, social relations and phenomena that work to reproduce a racial hierarchy and social structure that yields superiority and privilege for some, and discrimination and oppression for others." So please supply me with an example of how this has happened to a white person?
Original post by chitamara42
but what is an example of a way you can be racist to a white person? in my opinion you cant be racist to a white person. Clearly you yourself do not know the definition of racism. "Racism refers to a host of practices, beliefs, social relations and phenomena that work to reproduce a racial hierarchy and social structure that yields superiority and privilege for some, and discrimination and oppression for others." So please supply me with an example of how this has happened to a white person?

where is that definition from?
The dictionary definition of racism is
"the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races."
Lol i could say about 30 racist thing about white people, so yes is the answer
One of he first stages of genocide is dehumanization. Whites are dehumanized and this is proof.

What is it people believe Whites should feel guilty of, that other people are not? this it... they teach you to self criticize our history, but not others. You can bring up slavery of Black people but so many other people involved from Jews, Arabs... that largely goes ignored.

Whites themselves were captured and made slaves, and women often made sex slaves. It may not have been in huge numbers compared to some others but it was still a sizable amount.

We are all grouped as White and therefore we are bought up being told we are guilty. We've done nothing! you have made it a crime to be born a White person.

Also I'd like to remind people that Whites like other races are made up of many different ethnic groups with our own history. I'm Polish and don't see what is it I should feel guilty about?

If you are saying Whites cannot not victims of racism, then that of course that means that in the extreme cases genocide against us is permissible.

That many Whites and other races are being taught that you can't be victims of racism is frightening and it often comes from the Left.
Original post by LiberalTears
One of he first stages of genocide is dehumanization. Whites are dehumanized and this is proof.

What is it people believe Whites should feel guilty of, that other people are not? this it... they teach you to self criticize our history, but not others. You can bring up slavery of Black people but so many other people involved from Jews, Arabs... that largely goes ignored.

Whites themselves were captured and made slaves, and women often made sex slaves. It may not have been in huge numbers compared to some others but it was still a sizable amount.

We are all grouped as White and therefore we are bought up being told we are guilty. We've done nothing! you have made it a crime to be born a White person.

Also I'd like to remind people that Whites like other races are made up of many different ethnic groups with our own history. I'm Polish and don't see what is it I should feel guilty about?

If you are saying Whites cannot not victims of racism, then that of course that means that in the extreme cases genocide against us is permissible.

That many Whites and other races are being taught that you can't be victims of racism is frightening and it often comes from the Left.

There is nothing remotely close to White genocide today. Funny that your name is "LiberalTears" when that post of yours is full of tears and self-induced victimhood. Maybe it will console you to look at the way that white skin is all but worshipped in many, many parts of Asia, Africa, the Middle East, the Caribbean etc? Will that help you to dry them away and stop creating scenarios that make you oppressed in your head?
Original post by joecphillips
where is that definition from?
The dictionary definition of racism is
"the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races."

http://sociology.about.com/od/R_Index/fl/Racism.htm
Yes obviously - but it's not as 'insulting' to a white person if they get called a white whatever than it is to someone who is not white being insulted.
Original post by GeologyMaths
Lol i could say about 30 racist thing about white people, so yes is the answer

please supply some examples which would compare to being called a negro and being killed in the streets because of your race, I would love to be enlightened.

So your argument is based on one woman's belief which she supplies no evidence to support and completely ignores the definition of the word which she is defining.
So your argument is based on one woman's belief which she supplies no evidence to support and completely ignores the definition of the word which she is defining.

my argument is based on that, among many other articles I have read, maybe you should read a few and get back to me on this.
my argument is based on that, among many other articles I have read, maybe you should read a few and get back to me on this.

Maybe you should go look for the actual definition of racism rather than looking for a definition that ignores the actual definition to support your stance
please supply some examples which would compare to being called a negro and being killed in the streets because of your race, I would love to be enlightened.

What about white people in South Africa? How many black people are murdered on the streets nowadays because of their race?
Original post by WBZ144
There is nothing remotely close to White genocide today.

While not strictly "today", every heard of the holocaust?
Original post by WBZ144
Maybe it will console you to look at the way that white skin is all but worshipped in many, many parts of Asia, Africa, the Middle East, the Caribbean etc? Will that help you to dry them away and stop creating scenarios that make you oppressed in your head?

And there are also many areas where there is a large about of post-colonial anger towards Whites. Like most cases of discrimination it depends on where you and who you are. Being less likely to be a victim of racism, does not mean those victims don't actually exist.
Original post by LiberalTears
I'm Polish and don't see what is it I should feel guilty about?.

As a point Slavics and Eastern Europeans in general are discriminated against in the West, and then conversely told that they are privileged because they are white.

What's funny is that some peoples (those claiming whites cannot be discriminated against) obsession with grouping everyone into factions based on their skin colour completely miss the fact that ethnic discrimination goes deeper than that (e.g Hutu/Tutsi conflicts).
Racism isn't an institution. I really dislike this new postmodern redefinition of it. An institution can be racist, but racism not itself an institution; it is an attitude, a behaviour, a quality.

The whole power + prejudice thing is mostly garbage, too. You don't need to have much power to do or say something racist. You can discriminate, mock, or mistreat somebody on racial grounds regardless of who you are and what colour your skin is. What's worse is that this power dynamic is defined collectively, and essentially makes broad assumptions about the backgrounds, experiences, and capabilities of individual persons based on their racial characteristics. They do the exact same thing they say is immoral. Identity politics is the worst. It robs people of their individuality and their agency, and is hypocritical to the core.
Maybe you should go look for the actual definition of racism rather than looking for a definition that ignores the actual definition to support your stance

OK. Let's break it down.

Let's use the dictionary definition that you are obsessed with, that racism "is the belief that once race is superior to another"

So. OK. How do you prove that ? And how is that played out ?
Reply 357
Original post by Prince_Paul_246
OK. Let's break it down.

Let's use the dictionary definition that you are obsessed with, that racism "is the belief that once race is superior to another"

So. OK. How do you prove that ? And how is that played out ?

The dictionary is written by the academia of the world and has to be peer accepted by them. This group are multi cultural.
Original post by IAmNero
The dictionary is written by the academia of the world and has to be peer accepted by them. This group are multi cultural.

What has that got to do with what I just said ?
Everyone who voted "No" in this poll is basically supporting white genocide.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending