The Student Room Group

Scariest Movie Ever!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Khadijah489
The Purge is probably the most freakiest, **** scary movie I've seen, by far lol I mean, think about it, imagine all crime being legal for 12 hours, including murder :frown: They look scary with those creepy masks lol The second one was a'ight, can't wait for the third one which is coming out soon :smile:

Lol after I watched that I spent like two days on sketchup designing a saferoom :P
Reply 61
Original post by SophieSmall
I'm always disappointed by horror films. They don't scare because they are far too predictable. I can spot a jump scare from a mile off, ruins it.

Watch zodiac

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Giratina

seen it...it's not a horror film?
seen it...it's not a horror film?

It defo has horror elements.

Your demands for what counts as horror are impossible to meet, Miss Fusspot.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
It defo has horror elements.

Your demands for what counts as horror are impossible to meet, Miss Fusspot.

How is it a horror at all? It's just a crime film. Like wtf. I don't understand you people at all, what is scary about it?
How is it a horror at all? It's just a crime film. Like wtf. I don't understand you people at all, what is scary about it?

The scene when the killer drives the mother and the baby.....suddenly he says to the mother....'b4 i kill you im gna throw your baby out the window'.... that was scary

Posted from TSR Mobile

So was Scream :beard:

Silence of the Lambs is a lot about a woman trying to solve a crime.

Wiki calls it a thriller/mystery.

It's continuum and I said it contains horror elements.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by GothicShield
The scene when the killer drives the mother and the baby.....suddenly he says to the mother....'b4 i kill you im gna throw your baby out the window'.... that was scary

Posted from TSR Mobile

I disagree.
I disagree.

Hmm wow... well ur tougher than me i guess :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So was Scream :beard:

Silence of the Lambs is about a woman trying to solve a crime.

Wiki calls it a thriller/mystery.

It's continuum and I said it contains horror elements.

Fair enough it's some sort of continuum, and opinions differ.

I also personally don't seem silence of the lambs as a horror, instead a thriller.

But I personally in no way shape or form found that film (zodiac) scary or saw any horror elements in it. It didn't incite any horror in me.
(edited 8 years ago)
Fair enough it's some sort of continuum, and opinions differ.

But I personally in no way shape or form found that film scary or saw any horror elements in it. It didn't incite any horror in me.

Definition of film techniques and labelling forms of cultural does not revolve around what it incites in a certain Sophie -.-
Definition of film techniques and labelling forms of cultural does not revolve around what it incites in a certain Sophie -.-

No, but I didn't even feel like it was supposed to make me scared.

I mean would you say the TV show criminal minds has horror elements? Because Zodiac felt a lot like that show to me.
Reply 72
Original post by thefatone
this **** is fear inducing also i get shivers whenever i see this

:sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
What' s the scariest movie you've watched? And what was scary about it?

For me it was The Conjuring.
It took me about 5 hours to watch it. Spent most of the time pausing, looking around my room, behind the door, checking if anyone was at home.

Scariest part of the movie was when the little girl saw the ghost behind the door

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Changing Skies
The Conjuring didn't really scare me, which is strange as I hear many people say it's the scariest film they've seen.

Sinister is one that springs to mind, it was just so difficult to watch, though it was more freaky than scary :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Neither of those had any effect on me - I was literally laughing at bits of The Conjuring

Tbh The Grudge is the only film to have scared me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Oh crap...this again

Posted from TSR Mobile

Huh?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, but I didn't even feel like it was supposed to make me scared.

I mean would you say the TV show criminal minds has horror elements? Because Zodiac felt a lot like that show to me.

:dontknow:
I can't watch horror films, I've seen enough actual gore on the web that seeing fake gore doesn't phase me and I don't really react to jump scares.

I think the scariest films I watch are when characters are high up near a ledge and they seem like they might fall, that makes me uncomfortable. I honestly find even non-thriller scenes, like literally a casual scene of a character on top of high building is scarier to me than any horror film I've ever seen.
2 girls 1 cup
Original post by Dinasaurus
I can't watch horror films, I've seen enough actual gore on the web that seeing fake gore doesn't phase me and I don't really react to jump scares.

I think the scariest films I watch are when characters are high up near a ledge and they seem like they might fall, that makes me uncomfortable. I honestly find even non-thriller scenes, like literally a casual scene of a character on top of high building is scarier to me than any horror film I've ever seen.

Boooo !

Bet that scared you.

Quick Reply

Latest