The Student Room Group

Studying in Scotland?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ethereal World
So many great people live in Scotland :five:

but you're all in Glasgow :noway:

What do you study?

Glasgow is the place to be.

English Lit and English Language :smile: yourself?

Original post by Carolina19699
Yeah I was already planning on doing that :smile: How is the city like?

The nightlife is great, some awesome bars, restaurants etc too. The people are mostly friendly in my experience, it's great for shopping and all that jazz too. And it has it's pretty parts, though looks wise it can't really be compared to somewhere like Edinburgh.
Original post by Jenx301
Have you heard the chicken wing song ethereal, it's gonna be our wedding song :h:

[video="youtube;pS7AvFMS4uY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS7AvFMS4uY[/video]

Bet you sound like that girl that sings the song as well. :angry:
Original post by greatguy396
That will be a wedding made in hell.

I will do all I can to ruin it.

I really can't wait. I spent all my days just waiting for you to return to TSR so we can talk more about my fave topic
No you not great enough to get free accommodation. :unimpressed:

I want free accommodation.

Spoiler

Family friend type thing. Is the easy answer. They own the place and I'm a great tenant so why make me pay?! :colone:
Original post by Jenx301
I really can't wait. I spent all my days just waiting for you to return to TSR so we can talk more about my fave topic

Any time I make a thread I have that dreading feeling that you are going to pop up from nowhere like 'chicken wing chicken wings'.

How did this all even start? out of everything you could have picked why did you pick chicken wings?
Original post by Precious Illusions
Glasgow is the place to be.

English Lit and English Language :smile: yourself?

The nightlife is great, some awesome bars, restaurants etc too. The people are mostly friendly in my experience, it's great for shopping and all that jazz too. And it has it's pretty parts, though looks wise it can't really be compared to somewhere like Edinburgh.

Oooo nice on the English front. Do you prefer lit or Lang? Are you Scottish or just move to Glasgow for university? Also you live on your own.... That's the dream. :teehee:

I am not studying atm. I got my undergrad in Biology at Bath and moved here for relationship which is now over :rip: but have a job and a good place to live so imma stay.

I'm sad because I'm meant to be leaving this amazing country for London in September as I'm going back to law school. :sad:
Family friend type thing. Is the easy answer. They own the place and I'm a great tenant so why make me pay?! :colone:

Lucky.

Spoiler

Oooo nice on the English front. Do you prefer lit or Lang? Are you Scottish or just move to Glasgow for university? Also you live on your own.... That's the dream. :teehee:

I am not studying atm. I got my undergrad in Biology at Bath and moved here for relationship which is now over :rip: but have a job and a good place to live so imma stay.

I'm sad because I'm meant to be leaving this amazing country for London in September as I'm going back to law school. :sad:

I think Lang is definitely more interesting. Lit can be a drag as you're forced to read some horrendously dull texts. I'm from London, likewise I moved here for a relationship originally but in doing so I was eligible for free tuition so I can't complain :-) and I can actually afford to live by myself here unlike in London! Sorry to hear about your relationship though :frown:

Oh Woops sorry just read your first comment! London is a great place though. Just so expensive.
Any time I make a thread I have that dreading feeling that you are going to pop up from nowhere like 'chicken wing chicken wings'.

How did this all even start? out of everything you could have picked why did you pick chicken wings?

I like chicken wings and u kept insulting me so I thought it would be funny one day to write chicken wings on one of your threads when I was drunk - then you kept getting really mad and it amused me so I just kept doing it :rofl: u luv me really i know u do
Your house I think?! That's what I put on the invite.

But prob GLA.

Yours can come to my mansion if yours want. PBut do you actually think people will turn up?

Is there a Scottish meet up now? Do we have enough folk now haha

And OP- I study at Edinburgh. Clearly the best university in Scotland. One of the good things about Scottish unis is that they have a very broad first year (and to a lesser extent second year), where you can choose many outside courses and study anything you want pretty much. This gives you more flexibility in case you realise you prefer something else.
Original post by Asklepios
Is there a Scottish meet up now? Do we have enough folk now haha

And OP- I study at Edinburgh. Clearly the best university in Scotland. One of the good things about Scottish unis is that they have a very broad first year (and to a lesser extent second year), where you can choose many outside courses and study anything you want pretty much. This gives you more flexibility in case you realise you prefer something else.

Yeah we need a Scottish meetup :smile:
Original post by apronedsamurai
Yeah we need a Scottish meetup :smile:

Make a thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Asklepios

Would that be ok?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending