The Student Room Group

Muslim Men of TSR

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Petulia
So a practising Muslim girl isn't doing anything wrong, just wants to post normal pictures with her friends, and interact with her friends on social media, and you think this might be a reason not to marry her?
Why are you creating a problem that isn't there? Do you think she shouldn't be allowed to post normal pictures and that she shouldn't be allowed to have social media? This has nothing to do with your religion but it's very sad that a lot of Muslim men expect their wives to give up things that men wouldn't give up themselves.

Exactly!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by Anonymous
and i called you out on your point specifically in regards to christianity which isnt necessarily correct.

no he hasnt, he believes its allowed so he isnt going against any rule. again, you can think what you like, but he disagrees with you.

Lol he's not making any sense whatsoever.

Sounds like your friend is cherry picking what rules he wants to obey from Islam.
I could be the most religious Muslim in the world, pray all day, read Quran, observe extra fasts etc. but if I drank alcohol or ate pork, does that suddenly mean the ruling changes and it's permissible to have alcohol and pork?

Your friend needs to read the copy of the Quran again and do his research because he's wrong.
Original post by FrankTeller1234
If you take two identical twins with near-identical genetics, if one of them is homosexual, the likelihood that the other is homosexual is significantly higher than if they just happened to be brothers. So, given that we know there is a very large biological component to homosexuality and people don't have a choice who they are attracted to when they are born, why would Allah bring these people into existence if he considers homosexuality an act worthy of death? He's essentially having people born so that he can have them killed if they act upon what comes naturally to them.

Thats a test for the person, having homosexual feelings is not a sin, just like being attracted to a person in a hetereosexual way. If the person does the act, just like if a man/woman does it then he will be sinful.

Likewise some people are asexual, blind, death etc. That's a test for them, one which they have the capability of passing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Provided a Muslim wife is not actively seeking out other men or trying to gain their attraction, what could possibly be morally wrong with a woman having a social-media account? Married women can have male friends in the same way that married men can have female friends. Friends does not equal sexual relationship.

And even if the husband did object to her having a social media account, in what universe is it acceptable for him to force his wife not to use it? This is 2015 Britain... women are not the slaves of their husbands... you do have individual liberty, you know.

Firstly you have to understand what khalwa(seclusion) is. If there is no seclusion then opposite genders can talk, if there is a need. However if there is no seclusion, like online messaging etc then there is a problem there.

Personally, I don't interact with females in the manner above and I have social media accounts so I would expect my wife to be the same. No one is saying you can't have these accounts, it's what you do with them that matters.

I am talking from an Islamic perspective btw, there's a famous hadith where the prophet(pbuh) said that no two people(man/woman) who are not non-marriagable kin are alone except the devil is the third. This is where it stems from.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you take two identical twins with near-identical genetics, if one of them is homosexual, the likelihood that the other is homosexual is significantly higher than if they just happened to be brothers. So, given that we know there is a very large biological component to homosexuality and people don't have a choice who they are attracted to when they are born, why would Allah bring these people into existence if he considers homosexuality an act worthy of death? He's essentially having people born so that he can have them killed if they act upon what comes naturally to them.

I'd like to congratulate you for coming up with a decent theory. However where is your proof that homo sexual is biological. Scientists and psychologists have proved eits not. No one is born GAY. A kid cant just turn out to be gay when they are younger.
Original post by Petulia
So a practising Muslim girl isn't doing anything wrong, just wants to post normal pictures with her friends, and interact with her friends on social media, and you think this might be a reason not to marry her?
Why are you creating a problem that isn't there? Do you think she shouldn't be allowed to post normal pictures and that she shouldn't be allowed to have social media? This has nothing to do with your religion but it's very sad that a lot of Muslim men expect their wives to give up things that men wouldn't give up themselves.
I don't think that Quran and Sunna have anything to say about social media

but people make up their own analogies and interpretations : and, as usual, females are specifically targeted. As in all patriarchal societies
Would you marry a Muslim girl (hijabi, practicing) who has social media, and posts pictures of herself and friends online (not inappropriate pictures just normal pictures) and interacts with other guys and girls online?

No, I want a girl from the Flintstones that has never seen a lightbulb in her life so that I can impress her with my magical abilities of using electrical wizardry.
go fudge yourself, how is this even a question?! aren't women humans too?!
(and this is coming from a feminist hater!!)
That paints a rather malevolent image of Allah, does it not? He makes the conscious choice to burden people with debilitating mental and physical illnesses as a way of "testing" them? Given that chastity is forbidden in Islam, why would he ask it of homosexual Muslims? Can you imagine, as a heterosexual person, being asked to contain your sexual urges for your entire lifetime and never being allowed to act upon them without fear of being hung by the neck and burned in hell for all of eternity? If he issues these sorts of lifetime punishments on people, he presumably always chooses to make certain people born with extreme - often crippling - conditions? Why are some people completely paralyzed? Why are some people born with virtually zero brain capacity? What is the purpose of their existence if their brain isn't even capable of acknowledging the fact that the Qur'an exists or a religion called Islam exists? Even if it *was* a test, they wouldn't understand it.

To me, it's far more likely that your god does not exist, that the Qur'an is a man-made text written at a time when humans were still trying to understand the world around them and that these unfortunate occurrences in human nature are a result of genetic mutations rather than assigned tasks.

Believe what you want.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by s_ahmed2
Believe what you want.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Believe what the dark, undeveloped world thinks.
there's a reason most muslim nations are undeveloped, (and of those that are it's mainly because of the natural resources).
Allah just doesn't give a damn.
and neither does god
you think im incorrect and i think youre incorrect. Your reason is no more valid than mine or the practising gay muslim I know. And dont bring christianity into this as the comparison is rubbish. most christians are completely accepting of homosexuality and gay sex and there are even openly gay priests etc. and 2 wrongs dont make a right.

How long has your friend been gay and practicing? Lol it sounds like a weird combination since his/her acts are being condemned in the book he/she believes in.
Original post by HedgehogsRulz
Believe what the dark, undeveloped world thinks.
there's a reason most muslim nations are undeveloped, (and of those that are it's mainly because of the natural resources).
Allah just doesn't give a damn.
and neither does god

That's funny.

I guess, like I always say, you will see after death.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you allowed to be gay in Islam

Nope you are not.
Story of loot clearly indicates being gay is an actual sin , and performing sexual acts takes you out of the fold of Islam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Think People
Nope you are not.
Story of loot clearly indicates being gay is an actual sin , and performing sexual acts takes you out of the fold of Islam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You guys need to do more research.
Shows the ignorance of ppl nowadays.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by revisionbasher21
I'd like to congratulate you for coming up with a decent theory. However where is your proof that homo sexual is biological. Scientists and psychologists have proved eits not. No one is born GAY. A kid cant just turn out to be gay when they are younger.

They have not proved its not. Genetic factors contributing to homosexuality have been found, including genes Xq28 and 8q12 on the X chromosome. It's likely that homosexuality is due to a combination of genetic and environmental factors and by environmental it's referring to things like the levels of testosterone a foetus is exposed to in the womb. So either way it's not a choice.

To even say it is is ridiculous. Loads of people in history have been killed and committed suicide because of their homosexuality, proving it's not something that can be changed, otherwise they would have simply just decided to be straight. Ask yourself when you consciously chose to be attracted to the opposite sex and whether you could just make yourself be attracted to the same sex.
Original post by s_ahmed2
That's funny.

I guess, like I always say, you will see after death.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If there is nothing after death then we won't "see" anything as this presupposes that an afterlife of some kind exists, when there is not an iota of evidence for one.
That paints a rather malevolent image of Allah, does it not? He makes the conscious choice to burden people with debilitating mental and physical illnesses as a way of "testing" them? Given that chastity is forbidden in Islam, why would he ask it of homosexual Muslims? Can you imagine, as a heterosexual person, being asked to contain your sexual urges for your entire lifetime and never being allowed to act upon them without fear of being hung by the neck and burned in hell for all of eternity? If he issues these sorts of lifetime punishments on people, he presumably always chooses to make certain people born with extreme - often crippling - conditions? Why are some people completely paralyzed? Why are some people born with virtually zero brain capacity? What is the purpose of their existence if their brain isn't even capable of acknowledging the fact that the Qur'an exists or a religion called Islam exists? Even if it *was* a test, they wouldn't understand it.

To me, it's far more likely that your god does not exist, that the Qur'an is a man-made text written at a time when humans were still trying to understand the world around them and that these unfortunate occurrences in human nature are a result of genetic mutations rather than assigned tasks.

Exactly, this just demolishes the tortured logic of "life is a test" which it cannot be if Allah is all-knowing because a test only exists when there is doubt regarding an outcome which obviously cannot be applied to an omniscient creator. Your example of someone with near zero brain capacity is an excellent refutation because as you say, they wouldn't even be able to understand or acknowledge said test. Apologists have no coherent answer to the illogical "life is a test" doctrine and it indeed makes Allah look more evil than Satan.
(edited 8 years ago)
If I was a man and had to marry a woman who talked to other human beings, I would move to mars.
Original post by HS2030
OK. maybe not post pictures of themselves, because guys can get attracted to them without knowing there [sic] married

Why is that her fault?
Original post by Biryani007
Most Muslim guys and girls have insta tbh...

so there is a homo gene? or allele?
if parents are bisexual will this make it more likely for their kids to also be?
likewise if parents are homo (assuming they reproduce some laboratory way) that their kids will be homo
Original post by HAnwar
Lol he's not making any sense whatsoever.

Sounds like your friend is cherry picking what rules he wants to obey from Islam.
I could be the most religious Muslim in the world, pray all day, read Quran, observe extra fasts etc. but if I drank alcohol or ate pork, does that suddenly mean the ruling changes and it's permissible to have alcohol and pork?

Your friend needs to read the copy of the Quran again and do his research because he's wrong.

he may not make sense to you but you don't make sense to him, simples. he is extremely religious and says that the Quran is meant to be taken with a pinch of salt and adapted to modern times which is a viewpoint that many Muslims in the world have.

How long has your friend been gay and practicing? Lol it sounds like a weird combination since his/her acts are being condemned in the book he/she believes in.

Probably around 5-6 years now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending