The Student Room Group

I'm fed up with the daily mails islamophobia and racism

Scroll to see replies

Original post by intelligent con
The daily mail is constantly publishing anti refugee or anti muslim articles like this one to try and portray all muslims as barbaric savages. Despite the fact these muslims are a small minority of extreme shia (like president Assad who the mail supports), they are trying to stir up trouble against the muslim population as a whole which is why the UK is becoming such a racist uncomfortable place to be recently.

Additionally their rhetoric about the refugees has made the attitude in this country to the greatest humanitarian crisis since World war two disgusting. They generalise all refugees as rapists and Jihadis just because of a few bad apples and for some reason seem to believe that because some refugees are male they are cowards and for some reason incapable of fleeing Assads barbarity.

A combination of these two factors has made it so the UK has not had a serious response to the refugee crisis making the plight of these poor people even worse. I am fed up with this rag and think it should be banned for inciting hatred, anyone else agree?

So you don't like how the Daily Mail apparently generalises all Muslims as 'savages' and all the refugees as rapists and Jihadis...

YET you yourself generalise all UKIP supporters as racist: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3883705. That is the exact same thing. You're a hypocrite.

In the same thread you also say that UKIP supporters should be deported and now you want you ban the Daily Mail because you have a problem with some of their articles. It sounds to me that you just have an intolerance towards opinions that differ from your own; just like most left-wing fascists that are around nowadays.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
The daily mail is constantly publishing anti refugee or anti muslim articles like this one to try and portray all muslims as barbaric savages. Despite the fact these muslims are a small minority of extreme shia (like president Assad who the mail supports), they are trying to stir up trouble against the muslim population as a whole which is why the UK is becoming such a racist uncomfortable place to be recently.

Additionally their rhetoric about the refugees has made the attitude in this country to the greatest humanitarian crisis since World war two disgusting. They generalise all refugees as rapists and Jihadis just because of a few bad apples and for some reason seem to believe that because some refugees are male they are cowards and for some reason incapable of fleeing Assads barbarity.

A combination of these two factors has made it so the UK has not had a serious response to the refugee crisis making the plight of these poor people even worse. I am fed up with this rag and think it should be banned for inciting hatred, anyone else agree?

I suggest you do one of two things if you don't like it and neither of them is moaning about it on a student forum.

1. Start your own news organisation

2. Write a letter to moan to them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EccentricDiamond
Is Naziphobia irrational?

So you're comparing Islam to Nazis, as if to say they're one and the same. There are violent verses in the Qur'an, however there are far far more violent verses in the Bible. Should we now imply that the Bible is akin to Nazism and all Christians support a Nazi ideology?
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Hatred of Islam is perfectly acceptable and in my view it should be encouraged.

Except the DM doesn't "hate Islam" It ..hates Muslims. There's a difference.
Original post by Merfie
Let's be honest, flaying your own skin is bloody barbaric.

Whether the DM writes it or not, until the Muslim community rally round and speak out against the crimes of ISIS & European migrants, the fear of Islam is completely justifiable.

Except of course Muslims do, and very recently two Syrian refugees beat up a man who tried to rape a little girl, but hey that doesn't register with you does it?

Besides, why SHOULD Muslims have to rally round and speak out? The ordinary Muslim has nothing to do with those crimes. Should we ask all Christians to speak out when a Christian say..blows up abortion clinics in the name of Christianity?

FYI: Christians practise self flagellation too. In some parts of the world, they crucify themselves. Should all Christians now have to speak out against this?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by joecphillips
Where do you follow the news then if you find this biased?

The DM is so obviously biased
The Guardian is too
As is the Telegraph
As is the Times

etc.. etc..

If you want news "as is" then read it on Reuters.
Well you should jolly well write them a letter saying so, OP. That will almost certainly change their ways.

No, obviously they shouldn't be banned from writing whatever they wish just because it triggers you. They can say whatever they like.
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
Builders are good men who have a valuable trade, work long and hard for their living, and will always be useful both in the workplace and outside of it. Unlike young adults (who are really kids) who decide to study sociology or history or even worse, women's studies, at liberal universities for four years.

This, lol.
Original post by The_Internet
Except of course Muslims do, and very recently two Syrian refugees beat up a man who tried to rape a little girl, but hey that doesn't register with you does it?

Besides, why SHOULD Muslims have to rally round and speak out? The ordinary Muslim has nothing to do with those crimes. Should we ask all Christians to speak out when a Christian say..blows up abortion clinics in the name of Christianity?

FYI: Christians practise self flagellation too. In some parts of the world, they crucify themselves. Should all Christians now have to speak out against this?

Yes, yes they should.

The ordinary German in the 1930s and 40s had nothing to do with the Nazis, yet generations after still bear the brunt of it; they still find it to be their responsibility to say "sorry" for the damage caused.

Why are the only people openly critcising Islam non-Muslims or ex-Muslims?
The DM is so obviously biased
The Guardian is too
As is the Telegraph
As is the Times

etc.. etc..

If you want news "as is" then read it on Reuters.

"All newspapers are biased

Except for the one I read"
Original post by Brutum Fulmen
Yes, yes they should.

The ordinary German in the 1930s and 40s had nothing to do with the Nazis, yet generations after still bear the brunt of it; they still find it to be their responsibility to say "sorry" for the damage caused.

Why are the only people openly critcising Islam non-Muslims or ex-Muslims?

Who says Im Muslim? How do you know Im not ex Muslim? Criticism of religion is NOT the same as being prejudiced against someone because of their beliefs

I put it to you, Brutum, that every single time someone from your race commits a crime, it is your duty to speak out against it, and show us how this doesn't represent you, nor how these people are totally unlike you. I mean that's exactly what you're expecting ordinary Muslims to do

This is not a criticism of Islam. This is you wanting ordinary Muslims to take the blame for what some crazy person did, in the name of Islam. Again, I assume you will take me up on that? ie: you will now condemn every single crime that people do, who belong to your ethnicity/religion (if you have one) and you must now distance yourself every single time.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by StrangeBanana
"All newspapers are biased

Except for the one I read"

I read biased sources. (some left wing and right wing papers) For a totally non biased source, you head to the source that all newspapers use which is Reuters.
(edited 8 years ago)
Er.. who says Im Muslim? How do you know Im not ex Muslim? Criticism of religion is NOT the same as being prejudiced against someone because of their beliefs

I put it to you, Brutum, that every single time someone from your race commits a crime, it is your duty to speak out against it, and show us how this doesn't represent you, nor how these people are totally unlike you. I mean that's exactly what you're expecting ordinary Muslims to do

This is not a criticism of Islam. This is you wanting ordinary Muslims to take the blame for what some crazy person did, in the name of Islam. Again, I assume you will take me up on that? ie: you will now condemn every single crime that people do, who belong to your ethnicity/religion (if you have one) and you must now distance yourself every single time.

If I say "Islam is a cruel, backward and oppressive Religion. It's truest form (i.e Sharia) has no place in Western culture". Is this "prejudice" or stating fact?

I'm not asking whether you're Muslim or whatever... I'm saying that most people who speak out about how bad Islam is are non-muslims and ex-muslims.

If Muslims shouldn't take the blame, Islam should, and it has to.

When a woman gets stoned to death for "adultery", who should we blame? Of course the people who stoned her and endorse it, but also the religion that allows this kind of nonsense.

P.S When men get blamed for being aggressive and violent by countless Feminists in the West, of course I say "it's not all men", but of course that doesn't take away the fact that most school shooters and mass murderers are white men, does it?
(edited 8 years ago)
Who says Im Muslim?

you could clear this up.

Are you a muslim?
Original post by A$aprocky
That article is now outdated. And i rest my case, popularity does not mean it is reliable or unbiased. Just an online news source for the uneducated

Provide a link to demonstrate that what the Guardian said then is no longer true or your comment is meaningless.

They seemed to be doing ok last year too...

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/feb/20/mail-online-gains-17m-unique-browsers-as-newspaper-sites-bounce-back

Your second comment is just incredibly ignorant and ill informed. Ironic since that is what you accuse the Mail readership of.

Print and online UK figures includes 3,567,000 people classified as ABC1.

http://www.newsworks.org.uk/Daily-Mail
So you're comparing Islam to Nazis, as if to say they're one and the same. There are violent verses in the Qur'an, however there are far far more violent verses in the Bible. Should we now imply that the Bible is akin to Nazism and all Christians support a Nazi ideology?

Muslims assert that the Koran is the word of God. Both Jews and Christians believe that the Old and New Testaments were written by human beings.

Muslims also assert that the Koran is God's final, last, unchallengeable instruction to mankind.

So when he supposedly asserts that disbelievers should be smote on the neck (this to an alleged prophet whose favourite sword translates as "Cleaver of Vertebrae") he is going rather further than the Bible.

Are you a Muslim by the way?
Original post by A$aprocky
I'm sorry if i've offended anyone, my point is that people who read the tabloid garbage probably read it for its simplicity and sensationalism that other less biased papers fail to give. Its all fine until the idiots who read it believe the rubbish.

So you're saying that builders are simpletons who can't think for themselves. Dig deeper.

What ethnicity are you?

lol Like there aren't countless swathes of Muslims across the world going completely nuts when some no name journo draws a picture of Muhammad, some random person burns a Qur'an or something else they deem "Islamiphobic" happens. Hell, there's no shortage of Muslims in anti-Israel demos all the time. So Muslims can make noise and shout from the rooftops about their displeasure when they feel like it. But when it's time to show solidarity against this plague, it's "why should we? We dindu nuffin! You're Islamiphobic for even mentioning it!"

They often don't help themselves with that crap.
and very recently two Syrian refugees beat up a man who tried to rape a little girl,

this is not as positive as you are making out.

The mob does not deliver justice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending