The Student Room Group

Bleeding and the Pill

So i was wondering if, when you are on the pill, you can have your 7 day break at any point during the 21 days of pill taking. I've been on it for about 2/3 months. I'm going on holiday and will be going swimming a lot, and "coincidentally", my 7 day bleed falls into this period of time :/
Can i just start my 7 days of non-pill taking earlier, and so starting my bleed earlier and still be protected?
Original post by Anonymous
So i was wondering if, when you are on the pill, you can have your 7 day break at any point during the 21 days of pill taking. I've been on it for about 2/3 months. I'm going on holiday and will be going swimming a lot, and "coincidentally", my 7 day bleed falls into this period of time :/
Can i just start my 7 days of non-pill taking earlier, and so starting my bleed earlier and still be protected?

No you have to take that many days to be protected during the break, why not take 2 packs back to back for the holiday.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
No you have to take that many days to be protected during the break, why not take 2 packs back to back for the holiday.

Even though I wouldn't be protected would i still bleed if I started the break early?
Original post by Anonymous
Even though I wouldn't be protected would i still bleed if I started the break early?

Possibly but there's no guarantee.
Reply 4
Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest