The Student Room Group

Sciences Po PSIA Applications for 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by micological
Congratulations! Which program did you get admitted to? :smile:

Your student number came quite fast. I've yet to receive mine.

And thank you !
Reply 181
I'm wondering if anyone got into any dual degree programme between PSIA and another university?
Reply 182
Was anyone admitted for PSIA/journalism
Original post by Assan
Was anyone admitted for PSIA/journalism

I thought the interviews would be held in May ?

Btw, is is true that at least 3 years of professional experience is required for this joint degree ?

Seeing how selective the programme seems to be (only 15 students per year), I didn't want to try my luck. But I think I would eventually go down the same path with a separate degree in Journalism from another university.
Reply 184
[QUOTE=prohairesis;63552207]I thought the interviews would be held in May ?

Btw, is is true that at least 3 years of professional experience is required for this joint degree ?

Seeing how selective the programme seems to be (only 15 students per year), I didn't want to try my luck. But I think I would eventually go down the same path with a separate degree in Journalism from another university.

I haven't applied. Just stalking the thread in preparation for my application two years from now. I'd like to know what it takes :smile:. I really like NYU as well, and Columbia, but it seems hard to find training in writing, technical/digital skills, and an academic focus all in the same place.

I understand the reluctance. 15 is ridiculously selective. Where else have for you applied for then, and what did you apply for at Sciences Po?

Also, if you don't get into the dual degree, are you considered for one or the other programme or do they just reject you altogether?
Original post by Assan
I haven't applied. Just stalking the thread in preparation for my application two years from now. I'd like to know what it takes :smile:. I really like NYU as well, and Columbia, but it seems hard to find training in writing, technical/digital skills, and an academic focus all in the same place.

I understand the reluctance. 15 is ridiculously selective. Where else have for you applied for then, and what did you apply for at Sciences Po?

Also, if you don't get into the dual degree, are you considered for one or the other programme or do they just reject you altogether?

I was about to apply to King's College London (War Studies MA) when I got the admit mail for the Human Rights and Humanitarian Action programme. I intentionally didn't apply for a dual degree programme, because I thought it would be better to stay in one place and have the time to really explore the subject area, as well as benefit from the "SciencesPo experience". Also, I was scared that there might not be much cohesion between the programmes of each respective institution (whichever they are).

Hmm, you raise an interesting question. My understanding is that they would reject you altogether from the dual degree, but the good thing is that you can also choose a standard SciencesPo degree at the same time when applying. So that acts as a safeguard.

You're definitely right about there not being many programmes that allow you to take Journalism as well as take up an area of expertise at the same time. But I actually prefer to get a separate part-time degree from Columbia. That way, I may also work at the same time and that would feed into my studies. Also, I've always wanted to go to New York.

Would you happen to know what the acceptance rate for PSIA is in general (not talking about dual degrees or the joint Journalism & International Affairs degree) ? I haven't been able to find the stats anywhere.
I applied January 24th, and haven't received an email update from them. When should I expect to hear an answer? I also have not received an "admissible" email either.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by prohairesis
I was about to apply to King's College London (War Studies MA) when I got the admit mail for the Human Rights and Humanitarian Action programme. I intentionally didn't apply for a dual degree programme, because I thought it would be better to stay in one place and have the time to really explore the subject area, as well as benefit from the "SciencesPo experience". Also, I was scared that there might not be much cohesion between the programmes of each respective institution (whichever they are).

Hmm, you raise an interesting question. My understanding is that they would reject you altogether from the dual degree, but the good thing is that you can also choose a standard SciencesPo degree at the same time when applying. So that acts as a safeguard.

You're definitely right about there not being many programmes that allow you to take Journalism as well as take up an area of expertise at the same time. But I actually prefer to get a separate part-time degree from Columbia. That way, I may also work at the same time and that would feed into my studies. Also, I've always wanted to go to New York.

Would you happen to know what the acceptance rate for PSIA is in general (not talking about dual degrees or the joint Journalism & International Affairs degree) ? I haven't been able to find the stats anywhere.

When did you submit an application to Sciences Po? I did in January and I am terribly nervous!
Reply 188
Hey guys,

I've been accepted for both the HRHA programme and the dual degree with LSE, and I'm having trouble deciding which one suits me better. Does anyone have any contacts who did the dual degree that I could get in touch with? I would love to hear their opinions before deciding.
Anyone else put in the waiting list for the Emily Boutmy scholsrahip? :frown: Do you think there is a chance?
Original post by shannon1706
When did you submit an application to Sciences Po? I did in January and I am terribly nervous!

I submitted my application on November 23rd and was informed of their decision on January 6th. My understanding is that it will take longer to process applications after the Christmas holidays. Also, I believe he Sciences Po Admissions team sometimes does not set the 'admissible' and just sends you the decision directly. It was the case last year also for people who applied after the new year (probably because there are more applications to process, time constraints on their part, etc.)

Good luck !
Reply 191
What are your criteria/what are you looking for in a degree?
Hello! People who have been admitted to the Master of Human Rights & Humanitarian Work, do you have any previous experience of such an area? Like interships, previous studies, etc? I sent my application in 23rd February and I haven't heard back from Science Po T.T I was a Philosophy undergraduate with high marks and I have language skills from Portuguese, French, Persian and Japanese, but I have no idea if I'll get in!
Hi everyone! Have any of you applied to the Eiffel or the Master Ile-de-France scholarships? Have you heard back yet or have any idea when we will get the results?

I want to accept my offer so much, but I need the scholarship results :/
Reply 194
[QUOTE=studenting;63685961]Hi everyone! Have any of you applied to the Eiffel or the Master Ile-de-France scholarships? Have you heard back yet or have any idea when we will get the results?

Hi studenting,
I had applied for the Eiffel scholarship and already heard back from Campus France last week. I had not applied for the Ile-de-France scholarship, so I have no idea about it.
Reply 195
Original post by studenting
Hi everyone! Have any of you applied to the Eiffel or the Master Ile-de-France scholarships? Have you heard back yet or have any idea when we will get the results?

Hi, studenting! I'm not sure about Île-de-France, but Eiffel results already got released last week. You can access the results here: http://www.campusfrance.org/fr/resultats

Good luck! :smile:
Original post by billiecody94
Hello! People who have been admitted to the Master of Human Rights & Humanitarian Work, do you have any previous experience of such an area? Like interships, previous studies, etc? I sent my application in 23rd February and I haven't heard back from Science Po T.T I was a Philosophy undergraduate with high marks and I have language skills from Portuguese, French, Persian and Japanese, but I have no idea if I'll get in!

Hi billiecody94, I have been admitted to the Master in Human Rights & Humanitarian Action at Sciences Po. I have some previous experiences (internships), not necessarily in the field of human rights though. However, my previous study has background in human rights - I suggest you to wait a bit by the first week of April. If you still have not heard anything, I might consider sending them an email if I were you! Good luck!
Hi everyone, I have been admitted to the Master in Human Rights & Humanitarian Action programme at Sciences Po. I am currently waiting to hear from KSP Scholarship.

Have any of you applied to this scholarship/ heard back from the Kuwait Program?
Hi everyone, I have one quick question, did anyone apply for the Kuwait excellence scholarship? Did you receive any updates, because they said results would be released by mid march.. and I havent heard from them so far..
Original post by indrigita
Hi everyone, I have been admitted to the Master in Human Rights & Humanitarian Action programme at Sciences Po. I am currently waiting to hear from KSP Scholarship.

Have any of you applied to this scholarship/ heard back from the Kuwait Program?

Oh! sorry I didn´t see your post before!! I applied as well for the KSP scholarship, and I haven´t received anything yet, we have to be patient I guess..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending