The Student Room Group

Manny Pacquiao is banned from L.A.'s Grove for anti-gay comments

Scroll to see replies

I find it amazing how in the build up to his fight with Mayweather it was being billed as good Christian boy manny against woman beating Floyd and everyone just glossed over how much of an ignorant person pacquiao is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sunni money
That's around £280,000. The average UK house price is £288,000.

To have a net worth of just under £300,000 is hardly atypical for any 74 year old (given the huge increase in house prices and the fact that they would have paid off their mortgage by then), let alone one that has been in the upper echelons of elected office for decades.

If I had been an elected senator/rep in the U.S. for decades and only had assets totalling £280,000 at retirement age I would be pretty disappointed with myself in all honesty.

you meant typical right?

For a 74 year old who holds high office, it's far from normal, but he's not a normal guy. I would imagine he's one of these guys who has earned a lot of money and has had the potential to earn even more, but gave much of it to the poor because part of his personal philosophy is to take only what you need to live in a sort of modest comfort, the idea of living a simple life to help the poor.

It clearly is ideological rather than him being stupid or lazy

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/06/30/on-tax-returns-sanders-and-wife-report-200000-in-income-mostly-from-his-senate-post/
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Feel Tha Bern
you meant typical right?

"hardly atypical" = not atypical = typical... so yeah :tongue:

For a 74 year old who holds high office, it's far from normal, but he's not a normal guy. I would imagine he's one of these guys who has earned a lot of money and has had the potential to earn even more, but gave much of it to the poor because part of his personal philosophy is to take only what you need to live in a sort of modest comfort

It clearly is ideological rather than him being simply stupid or lazy

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/06/30/on-tax-returns-sanders-and-wife-report-200000-in-income-mostly-from-his-senate-post/

Agreed. Hillary Clinton was paid almost double his entire net worth just for a few speeches she gave to Goldman Sachs, which really hammers home the difference between the two.
Pacquiao is right. Homosexuality is not natural. It should be abolished.
Original post by NickLCFC.
Pacquiao is right. Homosexuality is not natural. It should be abolished.

What do you mean by "natural"? Homosexuality is widely documented in many animal species, but homophobia only exists in one. :wink:

And what do you mean by "abolished"?
Original post by sunni money
What do you mean by "natural"? Homosexuality is widely documented in many animal species, but homophobia only exists in one. :wink:

And what do you mean by "abolished"?

Homosexuality should be banned.

The statistical prevalence of homosexuality in the population is akin to that of the prevalence of major diseases, i.e. evidence that homosexuality is a disease / deformity, and is not natural.
Original post by NickLCFC.

The statistical prevalence of homosexuality in the population is akin to that of the prevalence of major diseases, i.e. evidence that homosexuality is a disease / deformity, and is not natural.

This is the best argument I have ever heard. :lol:

Similar to the prevalence of green/blue eyes, also a disease and not natural, right? :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending