The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StegiMon
Got rejected :/

Got rejected at 1:30 today.. Applying next year again ☺. Keep your heads up high and stay positive guys!
Reply 1221
Just got an offer about 40mins ago... Sorry to everyone who got a rejection. I was a gap year student and i'd recommend trying again to any of you guys still in school... Southampton was my only chance at getting in and I risked a whole year for this one course but if i was in the same position, id make the same choice over and over again

Good luck to those still waiting
Gutted. Got rejected. Congrats those who got offers
Can you re-apply for BM6 if you have done a few semesters on another course?
My condolences to the people who got rejected. Im still waiting and I'm on a gap year too.

If your hearts set on medicine then I would really recommend a gap year too. Your application, UKCAT and interview skills will improve in general as well. If anyone wants any advice about gap year feel free to PM me, I'll be more than happy to help!

Good luck with your other choices if you haven't heard from them and smash your A-levels!

:smile:
Original post by Kirsten_Zvezda

Graduate, international applicants, and students who have previously enrolled on a higher education programme are not eligible to apply for this programme.

^ thats what it says on their website- so I don't think so
Offer! 1.30
Anybody here still waiting to hear from admissions?
Original post by StegiMon
Got rejected :/

I'm sorry. Going to reapply? Medicine is a lot of luck and gap years tend to give appllicants a boost.

Original post by Crazelfluff
Got rejected at 1:30 today.. Applying next year again ☺. Keep your heads up high and stay positive guys!

Sorry, but amazing motivation. Good luck!

Original post by Yuri3
Just got an offer about 40mins ago... Sorry to everyone who got a rejection. I was a gap year student and i'd recommend trying again to any of you guys still in school... Southampton was my only chance at getting in and I risked a whole year for this one course but if i was in the same position, id make the same choice over and over again

Good luck to those still waiting

Congrats!!

Original post by Justtryingtolive
Gutted. Got rejected. Congrats those who got offers

Sorry to hear that :frown:

Original post by Kirsten_Zvezda

As @pwijeyendram said, no. It is very hard to find med schools who do, though there are few that do.

I'm so sorry :frown:

Original post by musictutor
Offer! 1.30

Congrats!!!

So anyone firming?
Original post by Neostigmine

So anyone firming?

Yess. I still havent completed the questionnaire thing tho lol im slacking. How / when do we book accommodation?
Sorry to everyone who got rejected. Honestly, dont lose hope - improve upon everything that may have brought you down and re-apply, thats what i would do.
Original post by qwerty123A
Yess. I still havent completed the questionnaire thing tho lol im slacking. How / when do we book accommodation?

ASAP. It's not first come first served though so don't worry about that, but you can apply as soon as it opens :Yes:
When do they send the questionnaire I still haven't received mine. I got an offer yesterday so maybe it will be today?
Just called admissions and apparently all the offers have been given out for now. But the lady also said there may be a chance for offers down the line
I called back to ask if there is a waiting list and the lady said they're still making decisions on offer today. She also said they're trying to get back to everyone by Friday. So it's not over until it's over I guess
Offerrrrrrrrrrr:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
Offerrrrrrr!!! Yeeeeeeei!!! 😍😍😍😍🎉🎉🎉
I got an offer too (yesterday) well done everyone and so sorry to all tat got rejections :frown:

on the Southampton website about the bm6 programme it says "Students are required to meet specific eligibility criteria to be considered for the programme - 90% of students qualify for complete tuition fee waiver (prior to current changes)." Im not really sure what this means.. can one of the current students or anyone tell me what this means??
Original post by bublegumprincess
I got an offer too (yesterday) well done everyone and so sorry to all tat got rejections :frown:

on the Southampton website about the bm6 programme it says "Students are required to meet specific eligibility criteria to be considered for the programme - 90% of students qualify for complete tuition fee waiver (prior to current changes)." Im not really sure what this means.. can one of the current students or anyone tell me what this means??

http://www.southampton.ac.uk/uni-life/fees-funding/ug-fees-funding/financial-support.page

Quick Reply