The Student Room Group

Mums mental health problems

So my mother has been mentally unwell, mainly anxiety I think the mental health nurses said, but it's been at its worst for the past year, even the nurse said she is her worst patient.

We lived in the city most of our lives, and mum has quite a lot of friends there, but, a little over a year ago we moved away from the city and mum has been increasingly anxious and upset, she barely goes outside.. Only to take my sister to school, even then, she likes to have my dad with her.

Now, this on its own is bad enough, bearable but bad. But, someone (maybe one of her friends?) has created a fake Facebook profile of her and has liked groups like 'Smoke weed all day' and stuff like that, and has taken pictures from her profile and edited them to look stupid. This wouldn't affect her half as badly if she was mentally stable, but the instability of mum is making this hit her hard. She will spend hours on that computer trying to sort it out, and do the same thing the day after despite there being nothing she can do about it.

We are moving back to the city in 3 weeks, so, I hope this will be a turning point for mum and she can start improving her mental health.

tl;dr mum is mentally ill, someone created a facebook profile pretending to be her, she doesn't even go outside.
Has the Facebook profile been reported?
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
Has the Facebook profile been reported?

Yes, she's reported it a few times, it's been brought down but they just make another..
Reply 3
Facebook should be able to trace the accounts, it might be worth considering calling the police.

I know it can be hard, my mom is showing signs of dementia. She thinks the neighbours are climbing in through the attic and taking things, purposely making the dog bark and various other things. Even though the previous neighbours moved out she thinks the new ones are also doing it. She's accused me of stealing on numerous occasions.

Hope it gets fixed soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending